How many would still play here if the dev team didn't add new content?

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
I agree we don't need massive content updates all the time... But a little communication would be good for everyone.

Why no patch notes anymore?

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

jsFdkVy.png

We usually post patch notes month at a time or month and a half at a time to make sure it's all there.

We aren't looking for empathy or anything, in fact i never asked for a single thing.
I simply stated why we are not as motivated as we once were to do as many epic events as we once did because the last previous ones have ended in people complaining, quitting, rage posts, you name it..

Its a nice thread here, we are absolutely fine and we have just put in a large patch which we are currently making a post about now.
Again, i was simply stating that is leaves staff, or anyone who has previously worked on quests or events unmotivated when the complaints come rolling in when the slightest thing doesn't go your way.

How we are handling with certain things is a mess too right now, i mean we got people pming us in mirc instead of paging in, paging in on issues that should be pm'd on forums, pming on forums on issues that should be paged in game...

We could almost use a full on ticket system which is something i've been looking into that is for both in game and externally as well.

It's all really just growing pains which is a good thing guys, but that other thread was about "why isn't there a bunch of events like there use to be".. Well that is part of the reasons why, and also that no one really looks at events as kindly and as excitingly as they once did on the staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkarna

Grandmaster
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

jsFdkVy.png

We usually post patch notes month at a time or month and a half at a time to make sure it's all there.

We aren't looking for empathy or anything, in fact i never asked for a single thing.
I simply stated why we are not as motivated as we once were to do as many epic events as we once did because the last previous ones have ended in people complaining, quitting, rage posts, you name it..

Its a nice thread here, we are absolutely fine and we have just put in a large patch which we are currently making a post about now.
Again, i was simply stating that is leaves staff, or anyone who has previously worked on quests or events unmotivated when the complaints come rolling in when the slightest thing doesn't go your way.

How we are handling with certain things is a mess too right now, i mean we got people pming us in mirc instead of paging in, paging in on issues that should be pm'd on forums, pming on forums on issues that should be paged in game...

We could almost use a full on ticket system which is something i've been looking into that is for both in game and externally as well.

It's all really just growing pains which is a good thing guys, but that other thread was about "why isn't there a bunch of events like there use to be".. Well that is part of the reasons why, and also that no one really looks at events as kindly and as excitingly as they once did on the staff.

One step at a time, you ain't done so bad with this server, you have a great bunch of people working for you and Adam seems to be a machine when it comes to creating new things. This is why UOForever is still the best server to play on, the issue I guess is people expect more rather than being patient. But I ask you one thing, no matter how hard it may seem please do not fully lose motivation on this project you and others have created since it would be a complete and utter crying shame.

Chin up ;).

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
In case
One step at a time, you ain't done so bad with this server, you have a great bunch of people working for you and Adam seems to be a machine when it comes to creating new things. This is why UOForever is still the best server to play on, the issue I guess is people expect more rather than being patient. But I ask you one thing, no matter how hard it may seem please do not fully lose motivation on this project you and others have created since it would be a complete and utter crying shame.

Chin up ;).

Oh no we aren't at all we are fine.

It's just long events that can take a week to think up, put together, hype and market.
Then it's over in 2 days with nothing but complaints.
That's the only part in the entire server we are unmotivated about, and who wouldn't be, and that was me just being honest when someone asked where those events were at lately.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
In case

Oh no we aren't at all we are fine.

It's just long events that can take a week to think up, put together, hype and market.
Then it's over in 2 days with nothing but complaints.
That's the only part in the entire server we are unmotivated about, and who wouldn't be, and that was me just being honest when someone asked where those events were at lately.

Then with that said, it is high time to revert back to a time when things were much more positive. I don't think you will ever completely remove all the complaints, people are people, but I do think with a little more patience, understanding from us, the players, you can get right back on track. If creativity has taken a hit, then find someone who would be suitable to give you some ideas, there are a fair few players on here who are incredibly talented, creative.

Forgive me if I am being opinionated again, I love this server and really want to see it free flowing again.

This is one of the best servers I've been on so far. It's similar in funnessness to uoforever back in the full glory.

One thing I would LOVE is when they revamp the poker to add a medium stakes table.

500/1k = 100k max

5k/10k = 1 mill max

10k/20k/ = 2.5 mill max

Actually I don't know the current economy of this server. Maybe the 2.5 is too steep.... I just notice a huge bottleneck between the 500/1k and the 10k/20k. If there was a 5k/10k maybe the tables would be more active since you can still play for a decent amount and not try the big game. It's also a pain to wait for the big game anyways

Deadpool

Grandmaster
This is one of the best servers I've been on so far. It's similar in funnessness to uoforever back in the full glory.

One thing I would LOVE is when they revamp the poker to add a medium stakes table.

500/1k = 100k max

5k/10k = 1 mill max

10k/20k/ = 2.5 mill max

Actually I don't know the current economy of this server. Maybe the 2.5 is too steep.... I just notice a huge bottleneck between the 500/1k and the 10k/20k. If there was a 5k/10k maybe the tables would be more active since you can still play for a decent amount and not try the big game. It's also a pain to wait for the big game anyways

You're a blue thief! You just want all the moneyz!

Ug7JaoJ.gif

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
And fix legends!!!!! I didnt make 48 mill.... only 15 or so.... :/

Yeah, I PvP.... not for regs but for mills. ;)

Legends was just revamped actually, but yes yes this so much. We need to make it start stating actual winnings instead of (i believe total winnings?) Adam kind of explained to me how it displays on legends but everyone can be assured legends numbers, when it comes to poker isn't correct with winnings.

bane

Master
A great tool for helping to reign this in is if staff receives messages that are abusive (or borderline even) just put those people on timeout from communicating with staff. Doesn't have to be long an hour should be plenty to have someone cool off. I am far from perfect on this front but complaints should be framed in a constructive manner (ideally with a suggested solution) if people expect a staff response. Responding to people raging at the moment only encourages that behavior. Since we are all adults here; hopefully a one hour timeout will help people exercise some restraint and realize that there is a person behind that forum name and they are not trying to ruin your day.

It isn't easy to ignore your vocal minority (if only temporarily) but you shouldn't take those knee jerk reactions to heart. Try to pay more attention to those that approach things in a constructive manner and just lock, timeout, ..etc the rager posts (would leave PvP forum alone though). Hopefully this will eventually train the ragers to act better.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This thread right here just goes to show how reasonable this community can be. We definitely need more like this as this proves that the majority here can move in the right direction. Maybe this stage is the repair stage with grand things to come in the future.

kurtis

Grandmaster
Definitely. If I take a short leave, it's because real life gets hectic. But then time opens up and I find myself here again. And it's because I like the staff and the population. I'll admit that new content tends to make me play more hours than I might play otherwise. But I would play regardless.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
+1000000

Great server (best ever imo)
@Shane , keep doing what ya doing! Awesome job you guys do under the enormous weight us as a community put you staff. I personally love new content, but in moderation. Always, always finish the project at hand and make it flow flawlessly before moving onto the next project. And current problems, should get 100% of the staffs time. If for any reason, stability.
Trust this......we're not going anywhere!