How to skill up magery/healing....?

Dreifub

Journeyman
Looking for the best and fastest way to skill up magery....and healing i know that your supposed to go out buy low level daggers etc and bandage macro it....but the magery macros are the ones im seeming hard to find...also looking to see if there is a cheeper way to level them both up

Dreifub

Journeyman
wellllll i dont know how it happened but it did.....got killed twice by casting mana drain on my self also my young tags dropped and someone looted all my regs......4 hours of farming down the drain heh good old uo :)

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Healing mage is easy. Macro two ebolts on yourself then a heal macro that checks HP before casting and after casting with appropriate pauses to ensure you're healthy enough to cast ebolts again on yourself. I did this manually and automatically and it worked faster manually obviously but it raises mage heal eval and resists at same time...good stuff

Sent from Baja 1997

halygon

Grandmaster
So for magery, here is the typical method:

1) 0-40 Buy from NPC Mage Guildmaster
2) 40-63.0 Cast Mana Drain on yourself
3) 63.1 - 75 Cast Invisibility on yourself
4) 75-GM Cast Mana Vampire on yourself

Steps #2-4 perform at a safe spot in a dungeon. Safe spot runes can be found at various rune libraries. Be warned though, if you are not young, then you *can* still be pk'd at these spots -- they are only safe from spawn.

For healing, what was said above works.

Sarphus

Journeyman
I go about magery a different way. I don't bother macroing it and I make a profit in the process. It goes up really fast through normal use in dungeon.

Macro eval to 100.
Train magery off an NPC
Farm mobs with lightning, then ebolt, then flamestrike.

In 1 evening you're basically done.

You'll make enough money doing this to easily afford macroing magic resist casting mana leech on yourself for 7th circle+ if you want.

For healing, use bandages instead of reagents to heal yourself while you farm. You won't gain that much in the short term but you can just ghost your 2nd account in a dungeon and macro healing on that ghost at relatively little cost.

This is what you should be doing if losing your regs getting jacked in town impacted you.

Dreifub

Journeyman
YEah sucks starting out as a new guy LOL but you guys are AWESOME and thanks for the advice!!! I seriously dont think anyone ono Gamers would have helped me out as much as this community has with information :)

WidowMak3r813

Apprentice
As for healing the best way is to Rez a ghost on a 2nd account in a dungeon. Can do that from 0. I also use the mana drain invis and mana vamp tactics for Magery. Easier and damage free. Yeah you could gain healing and Magery via ebolts as someone said but this is going to make the macro take longer A and if you fail to heal yourself and the macro continues you're likely to die if you aren't watching it. I say do mama drain invis mana vamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sseany4209

Grandmaster
what do you cast or do, (if killing mobs what mobs you go to?) at 78 magery?? im master swords,tactics,anatomy, as well just need the magery,evalin,meditation

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Regarding your regs being stolen in town:

I saw a guy macroing magery in town and it was actually pretty cool the way he was doing it. He was parked in one spot so I decided to train snooping off of him for yet ANOTHER thief. Well, peeping into his bags I saw that he had his macro set up so that he would take only the regs needed from his bank box to cast mana vampire, cast it, then withdraw enough regs for another casting, then meditated. Good setup to keep your 500 each reg stolen off of you with all of us thieves out there.

Just something you could try if you don't want to train in dungeons. The only things I honestly train in dungeons anymore are things like hiding where I don't need to have anything on me. The worst is setting up for magery and/or res spells with hundreds of regs on you, walking away, and being killed 5 minutes into your loop. You come back 8 hours later and you haven't trained, you're out of regs, and you are ghosted. I just set up magery in town.

Macro in dungeons at your own risk. :)