I'm having a hard time as T-Hunt Provoker

lummox

Master
Once you do lvl 4+ Eva will be dispelled. The absolute best way is to have a meta pet, if not, Provo everything, macro loot the chest into a bag or beetle and make sure you insta Provo pops, run from chest for a sec so macro doesn't pop another while your Provo is on cool down, rinse repeat. I can basically solo up to level 6 until a paragon Barron or AW pops, then I have to kite with a slayer archer for 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtis

Grandmaster
I agree with using two chars/accounts for Tmaps. Having Tmap skills and enough other skills to efficiently wipe out mobs is a tough balance, and not necessary given that we can have 3 accounts.

One char just needs 100 Lockpick, 70 Cart, and I like to have 51 mining (so there's is some tile leeway when digging). Also, probably want GM hiding and 80 stealth for safety. This char is just for digging up and picking the chest.

The other char is for killing down the mobs. Provokers works well for Tmaps but I've also done Deviously Drawn maps with my meta mage and non-provo tamer just fine.

Just make sure to party the two characters. Then you can loot with your provoker (or other mob killer) and not be a criminal.

lummox

Master
95 lock picking picks all maps (gming is tough), mining is pointless as all library's will send you to the exact spot and stratics site will give you exact coordinates. Hiding is fine but not necessary, why waste points to hide when you can run away. Here is my template that I can use with all tmap levels.

GM Magery
GM Provo
GM music
96 lock picking
70 carto
105 fishing (for mibs)
GM meditation

My other client is Provo archer with GM hiding.

With the new tmap setup coming with expansion, you may need to GM cartography and lock picking, might as well get ready for that.

halygon

Grandmaster
I wonder how the current t-map templates listed here will stack up against the upcoming TMap changes...

...I guess we will see... =D

lummox

Master
Cartography power scrolls? Lockpick scrolls? Will you overhaul the current or add new levels and instances?

Young Star

Grandmaster
I have also found that if I use a organizer script to pull everything out I do not get as many monsters spawning. I usually spend a good amount of time "plucking" at items, just picking them up and dropping them back on the chest. This seems to get a lot more mobs to spawn then trying to pull everything out as quick as possible.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I have also found that if I use a organizer script to pull everything out I do not get as many monsters spawning. I usually spend a good amount of time "plucking" at items, just picking them up and dropping them back on the chest. This seems to get a lot more mobs to spawn then trying to pull everything out as quick as possible.
Agreed.. the best loot actually drops from the mobs . especially if they happen to be paragons or even better motm's

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster

How about putting longer pauses in between picking up items from chest, script sth to mock "plucking" and use the chest itself as trash can? Wouldn't it be the same thing? I have no idea and just wondering. Thanks!

Young Star

Grandmaster
I just hope you all dont take away our one rewarding solo part of the game from us.
There will be instanced t-map rooms to go to from rune etched t-maps from what Adam posted in that Kingdoms update. So there will be even more content for doing private challenges.

amonseti

Grandmaster
There will be instanced t-map rooms to go to from rune etched t-maps from what Adam posted in that Kingdoms update. So there will be even more content for doing private challenges.
Sounds cool. and I like it , im just afraid they will require groups to complete .. I predict them to be like mini spawnable RDA's
Don't get me wrong , if this is in addition to the Current system that is super sweet .. but if it replace's the current system id be bummed .

Sethisto

Neophyte
A lot of people are saying to use multiple characters, which is, in my opinion, way too much of a pain and slows things down. Have the one character method:

My current adventurer that I've done a stupid amount of high level TMaps on and tips for making it easier:

Fishing 100
Lockpicking 100
Magery 100
Meditation 100
Musician 100
Provo 98.5 (I'm too lazy to macro it so it just goes up with tmaps. 95 skill is fine to start and where I began the higher lvl maps.)
Cart 71.8
Archery 32.7 (I don't use it anymore though so I'll probably just max cart so i dont have to spam devious maps for 10 minutes)

35 each reagent, a shovel, your map, and 5 lockpicks is all you need. Go as naked as possible for max looting.

FOR CLEVERLY/DEVIOUS (best bang for the buck imo)

-----
PREPARATION:

Summon a demon
"All Guard Me"
Cast magic reflection
Cast bless
Mount up
right click map and dig up the box
Run away. Demon may or may not be dispelled, usually they aren't, which makes this 10 times easier.

IF DISPELLED (~30% of the time):
Pull up name plates while invis

IF NOT DISPELLED (~70% of the itme):
Provoke while it distracts. Do it quickly or it will eventually be dispelled. ALL GUARD should give it the aggro, but if not just invis off anything on you.

-----
KILL PRIORITY:

Provoke things on to liches first so they don't get 2 rounds of skeleton summoning, Provoke liches on liches for sure.
Poison elemental next cause randomly getting hit by DP sucks
Blood ele/gazer/dread spider/demons are all pretty easy. 3rd priority.
Ogre lord last.
Just be smart and keep everything's hp equal by switching provokes around.

-----
IF PARAGON MONSTER SPAWNS:
Paragon monsters are the best possible thing. If you get one, you suddenly have a giant wall to provoke everything on. Get things stabalized, kill loose lich skeles so they don't block you, and start looting one item at a time. Provoke everything onto the paragon monster. You can take a hit or two from new spawns, just heal up and keep sending them to the paragon. This is the absolute best case scenario.

-----
IF NO PARAGON:
Keep hp equalized. If you get an ogre lord, they are the best tanks, so use them as the wall in place of paragon. Second is poison ele. If no Ogre Lord/poison ele, just follow the order above and keep switching things around to stabalize monster HP so nothing dies too quickly causing everything to switch to you. Keep track of what is attacking what. ALWAYS PULL NAME PLATES even on new spawns.

-----
LOOTING PHASE:

Lockpick/telekenesis when the provokes are stable and start looting.

Wait for provoke cooldown before looting anything else if you spawn something. You don't want 2 mobs and suddenly have to run away losing all your provokes. Loot quickly to avoid PK, but never loot faster than your provoke cooldown. Paralyze things or have the demon tank if your provoke fails while waiting for cooldown.

Use a monster corpse to store scrolls/junk items if you want to go ahead and spawn everything. You get a lot of gold for killing it all and rarely any PK's run by in the middle of nowhere so you might as well.

Grab the gold first and stack any gold you get so you can open a gate to an obscure bank or your house and drop it off to loot more.

Toss everything you want into a single bag so you can easily agent it to a storage container and keep going later. I have an organizer set with every weapon/armor you can loot. It only takes 3-4 maps to get this going if you mark everything in UOSTEAM. Remember, random magic weapons sell for a ton to a blacksmith vendor, so snag all of it. (bone, staves, and a few other items can't be sold)

Decode a new map and do it all again!

-----
INGENOUS MAPS:

These are kinda shitty depending on spawn and really a waste of time and money compared to just spamming cleverly/devious, but they are FUN if you are bored and want a challenge.

Most of the above is the same, but this one has breath attacks to deal with. Some changes:

Prep and start:
Demon is useless and instantly dispelled by wyrms. You can try to have one out and cross fingers that an immediately spawning ancient will blow a breath attack on it before dispelling, but I usually don't bother. Everything else just follow the above.

-----
KILL PRIORITY:
ALWAYS provoke wyrms/dragons onto eachother first. Their breath attack x2 will kill you. The best way to do this is to run in (after running away at spawn) with invis precast and stop right out of max range, then provoke. If you get more than 2 wyrms/dragons, train one/two away first and come back to provoke the 2, then provoke the others as they return. Always make sure only one is able to breathe on you at a time, as 2 is death. Use invis strategically to avoid being breathed and give you time to provoke.

Balrons/blood eles/poison elementals/etc are just tanks for the wyrms. If you spawn another wyrm, provoke ASAP.

For everything else its the same as above with an extra trip or two to drop off loot. Do that when things are stable, preferably with 2 mobs up so you can easily provoke them on to eachother without dealing with a 3rd when you return.

The main reason I don't like this map is RNG on the breaths. Sometimes even if you do everything right, you will get breathed/flamestriked or double breathed.

-----

And that's about it. Tmaps aren't easy at first, but once you get the motions down it turns robotic. You can churn out piles of them an hour.

lummox

Master
Just did ingenious, 30minutes to kill paragon wyrm, but I got a vanq respond +25 keys out of it
With Provo archer kiting

PaPa

Journeyman
Thanks again for all the help.

First, I decided to DL uosteam and ditch razor. Loving it so far!

Second, I decided to get back to basics with a bunch of lvl 1-2 maps to refine my predig strategy (Clear the immediate area, Dig while mounted, Daemon helper, cast bless, mag reflect)...working on my timing while digging and attempting to hide...setting up org agents to control the spawn...Learning to stay within provo range...Managing my cool downs as I loot... etc.

Third, I'm getting into the habit of marking a rune slightly off screen to my current map location, so if anything goes wrong I can get back to the dig site with my emergency go bag, really fast. I mark the dig site with a dagger, while I mark the rune, so i don't lose the spot.

I refined my template a bit.

GM Mage, Eval, Med, Music, Provo, Lock
70 Cart
30 Resist

I figured the 30 resist might come in handy??? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sethisto

Neophyte
Thanks again for all the help.

First, I decided to DL uosteam and ditch razor. Loving it so far!

Second, I decided to get back to basics with a bunch of lvl 1-2 maps to refine my predig strategy (Clear the immediate area, Dig while mounted, Daemon helper, cast bless, mag reflect)...working on my timing while digging and attempting to hide...setting up org agents to control the spawn...Learning to stay within provo range...Managing my cool downs as I loot... etc.

Third, I'm getting into the habit of marking a rune slightly off screen to my current map location, so if anything goes wrong I can get back to the dig site with my emergency go bag, really fast. I mark the dig site with a dagger, while I mark the rune, so i don't lose the spot.

I refined my template a bit.

GM Mage, Eval, Med, Music, Provo, Lock
70 Cart
30 Resist

I figured the 30 resist might come in handy??? Thoughts?

I'd drop eval and just max our resist if you want that extra survival. resist isnt required, but i wouldn't hate having it looking at my health bar after a flamestrike with 0 resist.

If you have eval for damage, your nukes arent going to do much at all regardless of how high it is to the mobs you fight in treasure maps. Most of your DPS will be from energy vortexes and provo. Your mana is much better spent on utility (heals, cures, invises, pets)

If you do want an extra way to kill things, pick up archery instead of eval. It doesnt waste your mana and helps you equalize hp.I kinda miss having archery (I dropped it for fishing). A good vanquishing accurate crossbow or something works wonders while tmapping, and you will get loads of them just from digging up chests that don't sell for anything.

PaPa

Journeyman
I'd drop eval and just max our resist if you want that extra survival. resist isnt required, but i wouldn't hate having it looking at my health bar after a flamestrike with 0 resist.

If you have eval for damage, your nukes arent going to do much at all regardless of how high it is to the mobs you fight in treasure maps. Most of your DPS will be from energy vortexes and provo. Your mana is much better spent on utility (heals, cures, invises, pets)

If you do want an extra way to kill things, pick up archery instead of eval. It doesnt waste your mana and helps you equalize hp.I kinda miss having archery (I dropped it for fishing). A good vanquishing accurate crossbow or something works wonders while tmapping, and you will get loads of them just from digging up chests that don't sell for anything.

Good point about eval....You have convinced me to drop eval for GM resist.

That would leave me with:

GM Mage, Resist, Med, Music, Provo, Lock
70 Cart
30 Item ID??

Sethisto

Neophyte
ID Wands are really common (lots of vendors selling them for 500g-1000g) so wouldn't bother there. Someone mentioned an upcoming change to treasure maps maybe requiring more than 70 cart, so it might be time to just go ahead and max it while you are deciphering maps.

I just unlocked mine, so I'll be maxing it for that. I dont think there is anything useful at 30 points.