Lockpicking required for MiB's

wkstrm

Master
This has bugged me a bit. Why is no lockpicking needed for MiB's while it is needed for level 2 t-maps and above, ASOS and dungeon chests?
Make lockpicking more usable, and have people put some effort into stuff. :)

JDXM

Journeyman
You 100% need GM lockpicking - just for ancient mibs. There's no need to make ordinary mibs any more complicated than they already are

...and I'll be poking anyone in the eye with a sharp stick if they try to suggest it!

Poke! o_O

wkstrm

Master
You 100% need GM lockpicking - just for ancient mibs. There's no need to make ordinary mibs any more complicated than they already are

...and I'll be poking anyone in the eye with a sharp stick if they try to suggest it!

Poke! o_O

Haha, MiB's are not complicated. They just require a boat and a fishingpole and a provo-dexxer.

wkstrm

Master
I should maybe add that I Think something like 90-95 lockpicking for MiB's is a good threshold!

JDXM

Journeyman
Haha, MiB's are not complicated. They just require a boat and a fishingpole and a provo-dexxer.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's good to see any suggestions and wouldn't wanna poke holes for the sake of it...I'm just curious how much experience you have of running MiB's over t-maps.

Maybe instead of saying MiB's are complicated, it would have been more accurate if I'd said MiB's are already time consuming enough without needing further actions! :)

wkstrm

Master
I'm not trying to be argumentative, it's good to see any suggestions and wouldn't wanna poke holes for the sake of it...I'm just curious how much experience you have of running MiB's over t-maps.

Maybe instead of saying MiB's are complicated, it would have been more accurate if I'd said MiB's are already time consuming enough without needing further actions! :)

I would like to say that I have about 500-600 t-maps under my belt and about 100-150 MiB's. You can speed up the MiB's considerably if you plan accordingly and I don't really find MiB's that much of a hazzle. It's almost free money given that you can fend off a measly Deep water elemental and water elemental which are stuck on your ship. The larger ship, the easier it gets. And if you have a tamer with some kind of meta pet the spawn is no issue at all.

Putting lockpicking as a requirement is not a big thing. A dexxer with a elemental slayer weapon and the fisherman x-healing the dexxer is the cheapest way to do it.

JDXM

Journeyman
That's fair enough...and I don't think anyone would say the fight for the MiB chest is difficult if you're prepared for it. That's not really where the challenge of running MiB's is though....excluding Osiridon ofc! :cool:

The additional time overheard and organisation required for running MiB's is pretty heavy though...when you consider the quality of life tools that the t-mapper has over the mibber; a Davies' locker, t-map rune library and a map cabinet does nearly all the organisation for you, as well as being able to keep all your t-maps in a blessed book while you're doing them....pretty major differences!

I think the main thing to compare would be the start-to-finish time for your 500-600 t-maps against the same time to run the 100-150 MiB's...I'd not be surprised if they were pretty similar, even for an organised and dedicated mibber. :eek:

wkstrm

Master
The additional time overheard and organisation required for running MiB's is pretty heavy though...when you consider the quality of life tools that the t-mapper has over the mibber; a Davies' locker, t-map rune library and a map cabinet does nearly all the organisation for you, as well as being able to keep all your t-maps in a blessed book while you're doing them....pretty major differences!

I can agree on this, it's unfair for a MiB'er to not have those tools. I Think the worst thing that can happen a mibber is to loose the MiB's which you need to carry with you, unprotected. Although, My fisherman Always has his runebook open and ready to recall home to safety. That I usually don't have to worry about when doing T-maps. There is a considerable risk to loose a lot of Money doing MiB's. BUT... I still Think lockpicking should be required since it's a CHEST and it should be LOCKED! ;)

I think the main thing to compare would be the start-to-finish time for your 500-600 t-maps against the same time to run the 100-150 MiB's...I'd not be surprised if they were pretty similar, even for an organised and dedicated mibber. :eek:

The difference between MiB's and t-maps is that all MiB's take the same amount of time to complete, excluding sailing to the location. T-maps takes different amount of time since they have difference difficulties, plus thay have a quite high chance of spawning a paragon. So far I've yet to see a paragon water elemental/Deep water elemental. Still, the average yield from a MiB is quite high considering the amount of time put into it. Specially considering the amount of loot it gives.

And still, lockpicking still makes a lot of sense for doing MiB's. From my experience most mibbers gate out the chest/chests anyway Before the sorting so lockpicking would be no problem here. In other w.ords, lockpicking make sperfectly sense to have in a mibbers template.

halygon

Grandmaster
While I agree with all points of @wkstrm I think one of the biggest points for MIBs is, staff would not want to put any further barriers to players getting in boats/ships. Most players already consider ships too risky or worthless to get out on the ocean with, why add to that?

For @JDXM - Using coordinate rune books will speed up your MIB sessions dramatically as you will have access to land near every MIB spot. Try the one in my rune library if you don't know what I am talking about.

wkstrm

Master
While I agree with all points of @wkstrm I think one of the biggest points for MIBs is, staff would not want to put any further barriers to players getting in boats/ships. Most players already consider ships too risky or worthless to get out on the ocean with, why add to that?

For @JDXM - Using coordinate rune books will speed up your MIB sessions dramatically as you will have access to land near every MIB spot. Try the one in my rune library if you don't know what I am talking about.

That is a valid point you make there.
I rest my case! :)

JDXM

Journeyman
@halygon - Thanks for the pointer, was unaware of a rune library laid out for X & Y co-ords...always handy to know though I think the organisation of the MiB's is the hindrance and far more of an issue than actually fishing them up.
P.S The img link for the post in ur sig has expired! ;)

Excuse the slight thread hijack - @wkstrm keep up the positive suggestions!

Godsrage

Grandmaster
that are more MIB and AMIB cord then t-maps the water much bigger then the land now as for lock picking if you have a mage you have to pop the MIB with a lock picker spell then to pop it with Telekinesis what out get cook by the blast and the get the mib chest out of there before some comes along and sink you and your boat now as for AMIB you do need a lockpicking now some player the 2 player is on the boat can do it and some will pickup the chest lighton it load and get it home and pop it there that after you strip the boat of the boat deeds pets and whatever else you have out there on the water i have a 7x GM fisher i am not droping one of my skill just to pick up a skill i do not use that much out at sea i am the one you have to look out for i see you fish for MIB or AMIB i will sink you and take all that stuff you have as you are sitting there trying to pick a lock it more about Timing on the water you have to get in and get out as fast as you can and still get all the gold and goodies home safe and sound that how come i made this page to help new player on the water to understand the fishing templates and how other player us them here it is take a look https://www.uoforum.com/threads/fishing-template.104588/#post-775457

The End

Master
Regular mobs are not locked. Just explosion trapped so only telekenisis is needed to disarm the trap. Ancient sos are both locked and trapped so lockpicking is needed and then telekenisis

wkstrm

Master
that are more MIB and AMIB cord then t-maps the water much bigger then the land now as for lock picking if you have a mage you have to pop the MIB with a lock picker spell then to pop it with Telekinesis what out get cook by the blast and the get the mib chest out of there before some comes along and sink you and your boat now as for AMIB you do need a lockpicking now some player the 2 player is on the boat can do it and some will pickup the chest lighton it load and get it home and pop it there that after you strip the boat of the boat deeds pets and whatever else you have out there on the water i have a 7x GM fisher i am not droping one of my skill just to pick up a skill i do not use that much out at sea i am the one you have to look out for i see you fish for MIB or AMIB i will sink you and take all that stuff you have as you are sitting there trying to pick a lock it more about Timing on the water you have to get in and get out as fast as you can and still get all the gold and goodies home safe and sound that how come i made this page to help new player on the water to understand the fishing templates and how other player us them here it is take a look https://www.uoforum.com/threads/fishing-template.104588/#post-775457

I don't know if we play on the same shard or not, but after having done something like 150+ MiB's I have not had any trouble with either other players or the traps in the MiB's. As soon as I get it on deck I gate it to my house, re-enters the gate and fight the spawn. Sail to next location. Looting the chest is easier to do at home in safety than doing it on the sea.
And even if you get a ASOS you can still gate it home to your house and pick the lock and loot it, all in safety.

So far I've only met 1 other player on the sea, except for @Yoar and then the same AFK fishing team that recalls away as soon as you get on the same screen as them.

I've yet to see any wolves of the sea here...

Godsrage

Grandmaster
I don't know if we play on the same shard or not, but after having done something like 150+ MiB's I have not had any trouble with either other players or the traps in the MiB's. As soon as I get it on deck I gate it to my house, re-enters the gate and fight the spawn. Sail to next location. Looting the chest is easier to do at home in safety than doing it on the sea.
And even if you get a ASOS you can still gate it home to your house and pick the lock and loot it, all in safety.

So far I've only met 1 other player on the sea, except for @Yoar and then the same AFK fishing team that recalls away as soon as you get on the same screen as them.

I've yet to see any wolves of the sea here...

that all we do it safe and faster it the one that like to load up the decks with the chest and i seen boat out there with 6 to 10 chest on the deck all i see is free gold right there @Yoar is a good person and a good friend i know him very well you seen him on his nice day hahaha

wkstrm

Master
that all we do it safe and faster it the one that like to load up the decks with the chest and i seen boat out there with 6 to 10 chest on the deck all i see is free gold right there @Yoar is a good person and a good friend i know him very well you seen him on his nice day hahaha

Then we have the same friend! ;)
Actually, @Yoar likes to load up Everything on deck Before he sorts it. hahaha