Long time friend scammed/stole Donation items from me (Fupa / wuwei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAPTUN AUSTRALIA

Grandmaster
cause i know a lotta dope fiends lol, trust me if he scamming one of his best friends.......its to sell it for dope, not look cool at brit bank.

if the staff traces the item ID's i will bet anyone here 5mill the items have changed hands and no longer in wu weu's possession, and wu wei has 0 gold in his bank box cause he sold it.

you gonna just have to trust me on this one hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

I gotta admit, selling online items for heroin is much cleaner than sucking on dicks.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
Yeah since it wasn't originally a straight out scam this is pretty hard to decide.
For all we know the guy who originally owned the items GAVE the donation items to his friend, and they then got into a spat and he just kept them. Not really a scam in that case, but this is totally a he said she said thing.

Long ago before the scamming for donation items rule was put in place people were trying to do ANYTHING to scam people out of these items, which would in return make people instantly quit or they would do charge backs.

Things like the ethereal horse scam, and also player vendor scams were happening with dono items back then.

Since the items were given to another player, even if the deal was temporarily, then there's not much we can do really.

It's more of that he stole the items from you, not scammed.

I dont see it like this, in the screenshot Jonnyj Asks the guy "do you have my blaze bone" where the guy replies "well yeah lmao"
He dont reply with "you gave it to me" or "i bought it from you" so "Verbal Agreements" were made in the transfer .
Also sounds like a Fraud case.
(3) Fraud

¶20 The offense of fraud, or false pretenses, consists of an offender’s knowingly making “a false representation of a material present or past fact” to a victim, with the purpose of defrauding the victim, and thereby causing the victim to transfer property or something of value to the offender.[42] Fraud differs from theft in that the victim of fraud voluntarily parts with his or her property, but does so because she has been deceived by material false representations made by the perpetrator of the fraud.[43] Parsing this offense into its constituent elements produces the following result: the actus reus is the perpetrator’s making a false representation to the victim; the mens rea is the perpetrator’s making what he or she knows to be a false representation with the purpose of defrauding the victim; the attendant circumstance is that the representation is false; and the harm is that the victim is defrauded.[44]
http://www.boalt.org/CCLR/v4/v4brenner.htm

jonnyj

Apprentice
I just want to clarify one thing, I did not personally make any accusations of Nathan being a drug addict. I simply said that we have in fact personally helped him out in rl and that is why I am so bothered by this. It was only stated to show how tight we were.

I truly believe that he came back, found a new set of people to roll with, and needed to keep up with his new rich friends that he initially lied too - which he self admits in that first photo.

I slowly saw him changing, he began to focus only on items, idocs, and pve - all of which require investing a lot of time. All of which I do not do.

The bottom line is this
There is no other side of the story.
There is nothing he could claim - absolutely nothing

I have tried to contact him for weeks, and received no replys...yet he has been on everyday, and recalls at the site of me or stunoma. There is no confusion that they were always to be returned or paid for.

( At one point he inquired to buy only the blaze bear mask but never paid. Everytime I would see him (next door) I would see new items -more pixels to make himself look better in game - including other blaze items.

When I asked him if he was buying the blaze bone he would say that he was, but was helping other people and as a result had no money atm. Then I saw/heard he bought more items, a keep and moved out - which is when I realized something was up)

He still owns the house next to me, which has a permanent huge statue on top that I said was not for him to keep. That if he was to move into a larger house we would obviously just keep the house in our connection. I always let new players or returning players live in the house - as this house was a gift from a former UO friend that quit.

The majority of our previous conversations were actual Skype calls. Having Skype logs like I do shows how he slowly drifted away, and pulled a shady move. I never had to worry about him but Skype msgs became the only way to get in touch.

After a while I had to start involving mutual friends, and all I got was responses from friends and the mutual friends that he works late, that he wouldn't steal your stuff, that he's being stubborn, that they don't know what's up with him, and he won't listen etc.

Then he Unfriended me on skype - I can show my entire log on skype. I never acted crazy, never gave a reason to be un friended or blocked. No cursing, no typical threats, just asking if I could get my items, and he never responded. Now, he's trying to claim some bs story to his guildmates to defend himself.

There arent any messages that he could produce where he contested the fact that the items are mine. Which would clearly be available if that was the scenario. Absolutely zero.

This should be a tight knit server, a tight knit case- rl money is involved here - I have donated a ton of times - him ? Never.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick Brick

Grandmaster
I see this dude at the poker table almost every single time I go, he rages hard when he loses too calling everyone bad. Don't think he's broke though unless hes selling other peoples items like this. It's completely dick-ish and shameful, I don't know if I would call it scamming as much as stealing... but seeing the logs and chats I think the only possible solution in my eyes would be to remove the said items in questionfrom the character AND game altogether if neither side can reach an agreement.

Would suck because you'd be screwed on the item, but at least he wouldn't have profited from being an asshole.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So.... I am trying to understand something here, perhaps it is because I am stuffed because of a hearty meal or generally because I am confused to why, this is such a massive issue? Over the years of being here, I have noticed people getting scammed in certain ways, coming to the forums with rage dripping from their words and the same response to these people have always been the same: "This is Ultima Online, you should trust no one and if you do, expect the unexpected/expected"

Now, someone who is obviously known gets jacked and this thread erupts, I mean we have calls of fraud, we have rule postings and we have accusations flying all over the place. What in the flying fuck??? If I choose to give my account info or goods to anyone then I would expect for said goods to be removed and lost forever. Simple judgement really, I fully understand there are people who would be honourable and stick to their words, but why would I risk that? "I wouldn't" is the simple answer.

From now on, I expect anyone who comes to these forums with a similar issue to be treated with the same compassion as the OP has, if not, consider yourself to be hypocritical, have double standards and as far as I am concerned, as bad as the scammer/manipulator in question.

These forums reallllllllllllllllly require some TLC.. seriously...

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
So.... I am trying to understand something here, perhaps it is because I am stuffed because of a hearty meal or generally because I am confused to why, this is such a massive issue? Over the years of being here, I have noticed people getting scammed in certain ways, coming to the forums with rage dripping from their words and the same response to these people have always been the same: "This is Ultima Online, you should trust no one and if you do, expect the unexpected/expected"

Now, someone who is obviously known gets jacked and this thread erupts, I mean we have calls of fraud, we have rule postings and we have accusations flying all over the place. What in the flying fuck??? If I choose to give my account info or goods to anyone then I would expect for said goods to be removed and lost forever. Simple judgement really, I fully understand there are people who would be honourable and stick to their words, but why would I risk that? "I wouldn't" is the simple answer.

From now on, I expect anyone who comes to these forums with a similar issue to be treated with the same compassion as the OP has, if not, consider yourself to be hypocritical, have double standards and as far as I am concerned, as bad as the scammer/manipulator in question.

These forums reallllllllllllllllly require some TLC.. seriously...

i can still be a dick tho right

sam sam

Master
you guys are readin waaaaaay too much into this...im telling u exactly what happen here....

matter of fact, heres a selfie video taken from Wu's facebook page right after scamming stunoma....his page is set to private so u gotta be a friend to view but i put it on youtube for everyone.................

youtube.com/watch?v=3QAXDMOVamI&feature=youtu.be&t=26s

jonnyj

Apprentice
Glad stunoma was finally able to retrieve skype logs:

This is when i mentioned to stun that i believe wu was robbing us:

@Shane

Last edited by a moderator:

Desi

Grandmaster
Damn so sorry to hear this happened. That blaze bone mask is so rare too. :( Kid really needs to man up and show some integrity toward the people who have tried to help him, by returning what isn't his.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Glad stunoma was finally able to retrieve skype logs:

This is when i mentioned to stun that i believe wu was robbing us:

@Shane

Regardless of all this so called proof being presented, you still provided the means to the other player to get access to your stuff. The only wrong that could be considered here is a lack of morals towards you. I know a few veterans here who have been trusted with someone's house, only to think they are not coming back after a few months and allow their house to drop and replace it with one of their own.

I know I am coming across as harsh here, but the truth is others have suffered exactly the same as you and all they got was "Learn to play" "It is your own fault, don't trust anyone, NEWB, if you leave can I have your stuff?" Why should you be treated any differently? Oh, I am sorry for your loss, but make sure in the future to learn from this mistake.

i can still be a dick tho right

As long as you don't mind the balls also..

TECHN9NEUOF

Grandmaster
I dont see it like this, in the screenshot Jonnyj Asks the guy "do you have my blaze bone" where the guy replies "well yeah lmao"
He dont reply with "you gave it to me" or "i bought it from you" so "Verbal Agreements" were made in the transfer .
(3) Fraud

¶20 The offense of fraud, or false pretenses, consists of an offender’s knowingly making “a false representation of a material present or past fact” to a victim, with the purpose of defrauding the victim, and thereby causing the victim to transfer property or something of value to the offender.[42] Fraud differs from theft in that the victim of fraud voluntarily parts with his or her property, but does so because she has been deceived by material false representations made by the perpetrator of the fraud.[43] Parsing this offense into its constituent elements produces the following result: the actus reus is the perpetrator’s making a false representation to the victim; the mens rea is the perpetrator’s making what he or she knows to be a false representation with the purpose of defrauding the victim; the attendant circumstance is that the representation is false; and the harm is that the victim is defrauded.[44]

yo this dudes like a uo lawyer

Kael

Master
(3) Fraud

I think it's a shitty thing that happened to the OP. From what I have read the guy abused his trust and is unwilling to return a very expensive item. That being said I hardly think that laws as they exist in real life have any relevance here on UOF. I mean, the shard is full of pirates, thieves, animal abusers and murderers!

Akillah

Grandmaster
comment_ZGt8CelwvmCmVq5BOFk2E23sfzwkaWQR.gif

p.s. why are people so shitty

K A Z

Grandmaster
such a fucking joke - so glad I didnt help WuWei out when he came back and asked me for stuff.. it's always the same with people - I remember losing 60k each regs to someone I had considered an UO buddy aswell (hes was also german and I caught him red-handed...)

Status
Not open for further replies.