Mage PvP Needs Diversity

halygon

Grandmaster
Exp pots are great. They however, need to have some liability involved with them. For example no splash damage means they only do damage to non-innocents, which gives them an OP status because of: guaranteed damage - exp pots can't be resisted or damage minimized in any way. Technically you can kick a pot but that's only if you are in the pits or are really lucky in the field. If you are being chased down with pots, good luck not getting hit.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Explopots do splash dmg actually. If I hit you and you got an orange buddy sitting next to you the DMG gets split up between you do. If they'd hit blues Alchymages would be out of factions very very fast so that the only good template for factions wud be scribestun.

Fenix

Journeyman
Couldnt you always simply remove strongholds from guarded zones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

halygon

Grandmaster
Explopots do splash dmg actually. If I hit you and you got an orange buddy sitting next to you the DMG gets split up between you do. If they'd hit blues Alchymages would be out of factions very very fast so that the only good template for factions wud be scribestun.
Yup, that's what I said. It only hits non-innocents, which is bad terminology on my part as an orange can be an innocent(if they are blue) but is also an enemy. It would be more accurate to say you cannot go criminal by using them around others... Which makes them have no liability.

Fenix

Journeyman
If you remove faction sites from GZ's explo pots could do indefinite area dmg to blues AND force the best PvP build to be responsible where theyre chucking. I think anytime you raise the skill ceiling on the best PvP build...it's a good thing for the game

Gore

Adept
Players that don't rely on stun as a crutch will be able to select an ability that reduces its effectiveness. I'd say that's a pretty good change.

I'll agree: I think potions are also abused. It's why I don't use them.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Confirmed terrible player. The 5x duel still stands.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
I understand the moral objection, and I'm on board with thinking pots are stupid in pvp but youre gimping yourself pretty hard if you dont use em here...

Yep, I know. I just think they're abused.

Once again, I don't really take "punkte" seriously. Doing so causes players to dump, run off screen and panic on a regular basis. To me, they make the game boring.

Gore: I explained this to you. I joined weeks ago, and am finishing characters and building up here. When I'm done, I'll happily duel. Calm down. (And lets not pretend that being able to push a "drink cure potion" macro makes one good at this game. God you exemplify the trash about this game.)

Fenix

Journeyman
Yep, I know. I just think they're abused.

Once again, I don't really take "punkte" seriously. Doing so causes players to dump, run off screen and panic on a regular basis. To me, they make the game boring.

Gore: I explained this to you. I joined weeks ago, and am finishing characters and building up here. When I'm done, I'll happily duel. Calm down. (And lets not pretend that being able to push a "drink cure potion" macro makes one good at this game. God you exemplify the trash about this game.)

Use pots

Edit: if it's a matter of resources PM me

Alchemist

Novice
Winstonian if you think for one second that relying on stun for a kill makes you bad... Come kill me with mage without using stun and I'll give you 100k (Im poor or I'd make it a mill)...

Kraden

Grandmaster
Just give up on trying to add dicersity man. I did. My biggest complaint is resist spells. Then i forgot this is just a uoforever server not a clone so just roll with the changes and hope then dont unbalance it too bad. As far as im concerned i still roll my templates even if they r bad cause i love this game and dont cry when i die lol. Id rather pvp with a "bad" template than a prooven to own template. More challenging equals more immersion. At least for me cause im not seven years old. Either way im thenew guy here least for this server. Staff seems awesome so i mean no disrespect but alot of people seem to think they know how to rebalance game mechanics to make it a better game especially the community. When that is false If there is anything i learned as a game producer it is that most of the community are ignorant to main aspects of challenging gameplay and they think they wants changes they dont because they ruin the game. Either way i like this server alot and some of the community. Even the random lil kids that are all hardcore about owning you with 8v1 and thinking theyare good lol. Anyway. Time to hockey and beer then ill be on to get killed lol

Winstonian

Grandmaster
Winstonian if you think for one second that relying on stun for a kill makes you bad... Come kill me with mage without using stun and I'll give you 100k (Im poor or I'd make it a mill)...
Old school? No pots, no pets? Sounds good. Once I'm up on here, I'll accept.

Yavimaya

Novice
I'm new here but after watching flube's stream that stun mage is powerful. So that is the fotm here, or in this case the foty. More variety would be appreciated.

Btw guys, it is possible to disagree with someone and not act like a 10 year old in the process.

K A Z

Grandmaster
If you remove faction sites from GZ's explo pots could do indefinite area dmg to blues AND force the best PvP build to be responsible where theyre chucking. I think anytime you raise the skill ceiling on the best PvP build...it's a good thing for the game

If they make explopots the way they are supposed with 22-25 dmg at GM alchy.. Why not ? I still wouldnt see how banning a template from town would benefit anyone.

Fenix

Journeyman
If they make explopots the way they are supposed with 22-25 dmg at GM alchy.. Why not ? I still wouldnt see how banning a template from town would benefit anyone.
It just makes the pot-thrower responsible for where they throw the pots. It adds risk to the best template that can delineate the good alchy mages from the bad ones. And, it's not "banning" them from a town, just cant chuck a pot there...like any other mage

Edit: also, watching noobs get whacked for chuckin pots in town mid fight always makes my day lol

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
It just makes the pot-thrower responsible for where they throw the pots. It adds risk to the best template that can delineate the good alchy mages from the bad ones. And, it's not "banning" them from a town, just cant chuck a pot there...like any other mage

Edit: also, watching noobs get whacked for chuckin pots in town mid fight always makes my day lol

Unfortunately, that's not quite how it would work out. Whenever I fight inside Britain I got atleast 5-10 spectators, some of them who are butthurt newbs that do nothing but call me names. With explosion potions hitting blues I personally wouldn't be able to PVP inside Britain anymore. IMO its a change that would change close to nothings besides giving Banksitters a few more ways to piss off people (by running into explosion potions all the time for example).

Fenix

Journeyman
Unfortunately, that's not quite how it would work out. Whenever I fight inside Britain I got atleast 5-10 spectators, some of them who are butthurt newbs that do nothing but call me names. With explosion potions hitting blues I personally wouldn't be able to PVP inside Britain anymore. IMO its a change that would change close to nothings besides giving Banksitters a few more ways to piss off people (by running into explosion potions all the time for example).

Look, we understand you love alchy mages and want to play them in town so you can feel cool when 5 barnacles follow you around during your fights. You don't "like" the change. And that's all you've got it seems...

K A Z

Grandmaster
Look, we understand you love alchy mages and want to play them in town so you can feel cool when 5 barnacles follow you around during your fights. You don't "like" the change. And that's all you've got it seems...

I stated before that I couldn't care less if they'd then be changed back to where they were before Staff and the community decided to lower their DMG but keep them without splash dmg. I know that you're new to this Server and that you've missed the first 6 months of heavy discussing (also on this topic) but yea.