Many old names ..

parsnip

Grandmaster
It ain't me but welcome to the forums all the same! I played in later years as Frey and did lots of IDOCing with Bobar - fun times!

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, i remember your name from somewhere. I've played a ton of private servers and on OSI but it's tough to say where exactly i know it from.

X Lord X i thought was a PK on Great Lakes. I could be wrong.

Welcome to Ultima Online Forever, and may the odds be forever in your favor.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Interesting, i remember your name from somewhere. I've played a ton of private servers and on OSI but it's tough to say where exactly i know it from.

He's the founder of UO: Defiance and former GM of Blitzkrieg - a true freeshard pioneer !

whaddup xlx? who you trying to get in contact with? I can prolly sort you out with his Skype!

lollo

Grandmaster
so you don't know who's xlx and yet you claim u played on dfi... lol

I was "Kito" back in days. You had such a nice freeshard, perhaps the best ever. Shame it went down.

Definitely the best PVP server ever. Only played it for around 6 months when it was still very new and all the good pvpers from europa and drach were playing there. Quit uo after that and came back only in 2014

Modus

Master

He was leading the big freeshard Defiance UO too.

SpyderBite

Expert
We had a X Lord X on Siege. But unless it was an alt, I doubt it's the same person. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I always like to see familiar faces around here. :)

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I miss DFI so much...
So sick looking through this and seeing all the names from X years ago. Many moments never to be forgotten and many friends with contact up until today. @Arch Enemy

what is that board? Did Light really die or is that an elaborate troll? Looks legit but I'm skeptical. Crazy if it's true...

edit: oh it's xlx's old guild's website. and yeah that website is real. weird to think he is dead now... wonder if his health issues were the reason for the shard going down. you always heard crazy rumors about all sorts of shit, but that drama never interested me so i don't know what was really true and what wasn't.

@X Lord X do you know what happened to Nick?

Last edited by a moderator:

X Lord X

Cool that so many people remember the ol' days ::cool:
Thanks for the kind memories on dfi :)

@Shane my PK was "SheepDog", X Lord X my main character.
But rest is correct :) I joined Blitzkrieg freeshard and soon after I created DefianceUO.

@K A Z (Kaz'Reg?) thanks man for the offer, apparently many old UO people read this forum - he already found me :)

@Arch Enemy Indeed it's true Nick died in 2015 ( it wasn't physical health issues, but I really shouldn't go into details in respect to his family)
He was a good guy who made some really poor judgement calls - he made one of those when he coup'ed defiance from me and he made them in general in in his life. And yeah, that is the very old incarnation of the first 6i6 website by Tetsuo ( I wonder if you read this my friend, Tetsuo?)

So much love towards ol' Defiance. Trust me, I would never have seen it end, if it was up to me.
Luckily you all found yourselves a new home and as far as I can tell from the forums it's a great place and is here for the long haul.

If you want to revel in some nostalgia (i assume this doesn't break any rules, since dfi doesn't exist =p just a nostalgic ride back):
go to youtube and watch this ancient dfi intro i uploaded for ol' times sake ;) I can't post links, but > /watch?v=zy0Oz2NIqOI

I should add @Shane ( and anyone else running a uo freeshard ) if you want the old defianceuo script base, custom scripts/systems, I gladly pass them out to anyone building or running freeshards.
I doubt there's anything that would be of much use to already established servers though. Each server has their ways, timings and all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithium149

Grandmaster
UO Defiance was the first time I ever played UO as a kid, the game was a bit too in-depth for me to fully grasp when I was young so I never played for too long but I still have fond memories of that shard from 12 years ago!

If your looking to settle down and play with a huge population you've found the right place.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
ow man. reading all this. miss defiance like hell. sorry to hear about light as well. i hope everyone else is doing fine and life is treating you well :) if any old dfi brahs read this feel free to contact me!!

made me cry like:
dawson_crying.jpg

Last edited: