Meta Pets Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macunzo

Adept
Interesting. I had thought that the level 6 or 7 metas with 4 relics are being sold because they make the game too easy:

Just recall somewhere and wait till your pet killed everything in the area ... *yawn and repeat*

Seems like that assumption was nonsense.

@bradley- says he sold his Meta due to griefers, and I don't doubt him. This was why I thought he sold it in the first place. When he posted the pic of the Meta, his Poisoning skill was down to 130ish, along with many other skills. The fact that the only way to replace those skill is with SS and not by farming is a problem.

Not having 100 percent control over your lvl 7 Meta is a huge problem, and the griefing is what I think is causing end game PVMers to sale their pets. I will agree with some of the people here that have posted about leaving their meta's in the stables, I have ended up leaving my meta in the stable and just taking out my dexxer to champ spawns. I have heard of late that there is now problem with people are discoing pets(and not going grey?????) then dexxers with dragon slayers come in and kill the meta/pets in no time.

The Meta Pet system I think is a part of the success of this Shard, though the griefing on this shard is its downfall. There are not enough things in place to combat this.

The lower level meta pets being sold off could be due to they are so hard to level which I am a big fan of. It shouldn't be easy to level them. Though they could be getting rid of them because of people killing them all the time and see how much more expensive it will be when they meta is leveled.

If Meta pets didn't lose XP or Stats when killed this might result in people to stop luring mobs/pking you then luring your meta off to get it killed/or just not even bother you because they cant grief you. Not sure what the final answer is but it is obvious there is an issue if @Brad and MTBowl are selling theirs.

@Shane , @Adam do yall see this as a problem? You put in a system for people to enjoy and now a trend has popped up to not even play that aspect of the game on your Shard.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Nah, people that have leveled their pets are moving on to the mage and dex talisman and exploring that facet and trying yo recoup gold or make a profit off their pets that they aren't using as well.

There are still tons of people training their pets. A couple give up because the grind isn't for them doesn't mean the project has failed.

High end pets costing 15+ mil aren't going to sell like hotcakes either.

It's never as bad as it seems because there as so many players that don't speak up on forums that you don't see doing their thing.

Belge

Grandmaster
Ive stopped using my stage 6 meta regulary and started a meta dexer.. and I must say Im having tons more fun levelling it, and engaging with the environment... Farming with a provo tamer and meta I was always multi tasking, and barely engaged in the game. Playing a dexer your very much more attentive and being able to actually fight back and survive attacks... I've mostly enjoyed being able to run circles around reds laughing at them with the most confidence Ill survive.. much less so on my provo tamer with no mount or defensive skills.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
When I still had my meta and was discovered in a dungeon, people would gate in 2-5 tamers for the sole purpose of killing my pets and then have a blue gate them all out. After the 20th time (in the span of 7 days), I got tired of it.

Death beetles do the job just fine & they listen better. And you're right about the relic prices. 5m-10m is absolutely insane.

-Unfortunately, there is an insane number of players on UOF who have only one mission when they log in: Grief and harass as many people as possible until they log out. Having a tamer isn't worth the headache that comes along with it.

Other than that, meta-pets are fine. They don't suck by any means.

Thats sad Brad! Was wondering why you thought about selling Rex! Damn griefers! Nothing better to do and jealousy just doesn't look good on them!

Cack

Grandmaster
!st world tamer problems...
you rich motherfuckers
th

Fattson

Grandmaster
Cack has a point. Lol

But I've noticed that after making a tamer, I get pked more often than I did on my archer bard. Taming also has expensive maintenance. Skill balls, powder, etc... Even if you don't run a meta

Cack

Grandmaster
the only way i wouldve ever made a tamer was if i had become so disgustingly filthy rich i was bored enough to. i believe a bard makes more money in the long run given all the factors.
Facts
-bards don't have to ball their instruments
-bards dont have to replenish their ball with powder to ultimately regain their instruments
-bards dont have to train back skills when they perish
-bards lose maybe 10k in stuff at best when theyre killed as opposed to upwards of what(insert w/e high amount tmaers lose)
-bards dont have a big red target painted on their backs that the stigma of pets creates
-etc.
take all that into account and it washes out or, as ibelieve bards make more.

andomin

Master
In short, this is my opinion on the best way to fix the meta pet system:
  • Increase relic drop rates slightly
  • Increase control rate for level 7 metas to 90% at 120/120
  • Allow meta pets to train skills back to their highest skill level attained.
  • Decrease the amount of XP required for meta pet levels 1 - 4
  • Increase the amount of XP required for meta pet levels 5 - 7
  • Allow pet XP to be viewed without meta stone.
  • Disable mage/dexxer talisman buffs against meta pets.
  • Disable peacemaking/discordance/provocation against meta pets.

Meta pets would be more balanced and the cost vs risk would make them more viable. On a personal note, I think that having meta stones as a donation item is a bad idea. Gold isn't being removed from the economy by having it as a donation item. It adds an unnecessary step to owning a meta pet, one that serves no purpose to benefiting the economy (donation wise or inflation wise). Add more colors as donation items, or add a donation item that recovers meta pets skill loss from death. But having an integral item to the meta pet system. an item that isn't aesthetic, on the donation store goes against reason.

Fattson

Grandmaster
the only way i wouldve ever made a tamer was if i had become so disgustingly filthy rich i was bored enough to. i believe a bard makes more money in the long run given all the factors.
Facts
-bards don't have to ball their instruments
-bards dont have to replenish their ball with powder to ultimately regain their instruments
-bards dont have to train back skills when they perish
-bards lose maybe 10k in stuff at best when theyre killed as opposed to upwards of what(insert w/e high amount tmaers lose)
-bards dont have a big red target painted on their backs that the stigma of pets creates
-etc.
take all that into account and it washes out or, as ibelieve bards make more.
I used to think the same thing. Even getting pked twice a day, I still make five times more than I did on my bard.

You don't need to go past gm. All you need is a bonded dragon and wyrm and you're fine. Ball them, keep balls charged, and you're fine. It's the bells and whistles and post gm tamables where things start to get nasty.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Meh, most likely people just want a change up. Both are fun, we have wands that allow for 100% success rate for commands for meta pets we just haven't fully decided how to implement them.

Guwap

Grandmaster
Meh, most likely people just want a change up. Both are fun, we have wands that allow for 100% success rate for commands for meta pets we just haven't fully decided how to implement them.

Left-handed wands? Gotta stunt that hued spellbook, brehbreh.

Ionized

Grandmaster
Wands that give 100% control? Adam told me that awhile back through PM.. Donation item? Please tell me no... Why keep adding items when you can just change success rate? So if I have 110 taming AND this magical wand I really didn't need to spend 9mils on 120 taming or need 120 lore?

Last edited by a moderator:

tankian

Grandmaster
i think slayer weps should not work on pets and meta's should be more powerful against attackers that attack pets or pet owner

tankian

Grandmaster
Wands that give 100% control? Adam told me that awhile back through PM.. Donation item? Please tell me no... Why keep adding items when you can just change success rate? So if I have 110 taming AND this magical wand I really didn't need to spend 9mils on 120 taming?
only to work on stage 7 meta with 120 tame and lore

Opentun

Adept
Slayers do not work on metas from what i have tested. Other pets are just tamed wild creatures so yes they should be vulnerable to slayers

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Trams are about as self entitled as a welfare mom with 8 kids and 5 baby daddies.

On another note, I'm going to go kill some bitches meta pets.

Spes

Grandmaster
Find another way to raise skills, this don't work.

Res spell and poisong must be raisable to the cap as magery do, now is impossible raise those skill without $.
Add POISON ON HIT for liv 7 meta, or add HP regen as paragon beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.