Meta Steeds!

Young Star

Grandmaster
what is wrong with u? what are u gonna farm with 14dmg on hit exactly? i just killed a lady of the snow.. for your information, it has 0 armor and would be the top notch thing ingame to level a pet that does only physical dmg. it took it over 7 (yes SEVEN!!!) minutes to kill it.

i'm ok with leveling taking time. but its a difference between leveling and start a heal macro and go take a walk in the park. if u're lucky the mob is dead when u come back and no pk found u.

its simple: ITS BROKEN!

These things aren't really made for people to grind endlessly until finished. Taking a few months to finish was how meta leveling was intended I believe. That is a common problem with MMORPG games that try to make things take a long time to finish. Some people go nuts grinding non-stop so the developers make the skill requirements crazy high to compensate. That leaves people that want to level organically to play for a ridiculously long time to get the same gains.

Having said that I will say this, at lvl3 the pet should at least be halfway decent at killing stuff so you can level it organically killing mobs. Going through 2 levels killing animals in the forest seems long enough. I know lvl 2 it can handle some mobs with its high HP but the time it takes to actually kill them is the biggest issue at lvl 3

Last edited by a moderator:

lollo

Grandmaster
Gift and curse since they're being farmed so hard that it's full of pks and it's difficult to find ettins that haven't been killed already

exince

Grandmaster
These things aren't really made for people to grind endlessly until finished. Taking a few months to finish was how meta leveling was intended I believe. That is a common problem with MMORPG games that try to make things take a long time to finish. Some people go nuts grinding non-stop so the developers make the skill requirements crazy high to compensate. That leaves people that want to level organically to play for a ridiculously long time to get the same gains.

Having said that I will say this, at lvl3 the pet should at least be halfway decent at killing stuff so you can level it organically killing mobs. Going through 2 levels killing animals in the forest seems long enough. I know lvl 2 it can handle some mobs with its high HP but the time it takes to actually kill them is the biggest issue at lvl 3

everything that u design as game designer has to have "a way its meant to be played". and its ok, if its planned to be slow...

right now u have 2 options:

a) u just hide where noone finds u and kill shit for hours and hours and hours, very likely with a "heal pet macro on loop" because it takes ages to kill something

b) u take your main pet and use the steed as a sidekick.. it will take long but it will level.. full dungeons, people just farming, not explicit leveling their metas..

i'd gladly go the b) route. but it doesnt work out.. when u get pked and your meta killed to a 5k hp paragon.. and it loses an hour of work.. i highly doubt thats how it should be played.. but we all know.. pk'ing on uof stands for pet killing.. ;)

andomin

Master
Well even if it does 14 damage on hit, you have to take into consideration that relic(s) can be used on it. So I don't think we can judge how useful they are until we see the relics.

Young Star

Grandmaster
i'd gladly go the b) route. but it doesnt work out.. when u get pked and your meta killed to a 5k hp paragon.. and it loses an hour of work.. i highly doubt thats how it should be played.. but we all know.. pk'ing on uof stands for pet killing.. ;)

Good point. The skill loss on death is brutal. Wonder if they would be willing to take that off except for the last level or even last 2 levels so 1-4 get a pass on that and it only starts on 5-6 and/or 7 for the traditional dragon metas.

AssHat

Grandmaster
i swear my frog is bugged, i hit lvl 2 at 8 pm last night, it is now 9:23 am and i stopped once for a pee break!

lollo

Grandmaster
Well even if it does 14 damage on hit, you have to take into consideration that relic(s) can be used on it. So I don't think we can judge how useful they are until we see the relics.

yeah a bloody relic seems 100% necessary to level up this piece of shit.

But this begs me to the next point:

4-5 mil for egg, 2.5 mil for meta stone, 7-10 mil for bloody relic (and good fucking luck finding one now, whoever thought it was a good idea to have a relic that is usable for both meta pets must've been a fucking genius)....more content only for the uber rich? Shit i spent 25 mil on my meta and i know i will never make them back as i hate farming, why did they make it so you HAVE to spend 15 mil just to level up the god damn thing??????

lollo

Grandmaster
what game do you have to pay for a experience bar? 115$?

^^ starts right there

Yeah the meta stone is really a rip off. Like seriously, from a gaming point it has to be the most terrible idea i ever came across. Not only does it cost a lot, but if you somehow lose it, or you get scammed somehow....

...but then again from a business point of view it was genius, what a better way to force people into donating?