More non pvp events

Bromista

Grandmaster
All good things, indeed!

I really like the direction things have headed lately. An old friend recently returned from an almost couple year absence and it was awesome to be able to tell him about all of the changes in content since he has been gone. Staff is puttin' in work and we are seeing some nice results. When you list it all it seems like an awful lot...new dungeons, MotM has been polished it was a little Rocky for those first few months if you all remember, portal frags (mibs and maps just got more interesting), perks in paragon chests, mini invasions, semi-regular large scale invasions, new rares. Add player ran events to the mix.

So yes it's only natural to want to see this trend continue but let's take a minute to appreciate how much further we are than we were a couple years ago and keep that in mind when we ask for more.

I'm always a fan of utilizing what we have. We have more staffers that can run events and invasions so popping a few more here and there would always be welcome. As for quests I feel like there have been a couple missed opportunities to implement fetch-quest type elements into things like the rogue talisman. Crafting will always be the bastard child of UOF but it sounds like there's some wheels turning there so cheers to that.

UO as an MMO was never a quest heavy game, nor do I think it was meant to be, so all in all I'm pleased to report that things have come a long way on UOF without straying too much from the core of the game.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Some of the [battles events could really stand to be tweaked too. I have said it before but I'll say it again, making small changes now will pay off in the long run and the sooner they are made the better. Nothing crazy, but actual little rewards would go a long long way towards player participation. They don't have to be items that become super valuable like the first round. What if we could just buy resource bundles or something for players to stock up for fielding? Or convert eventscore to invasion crystals or something.

So if you add rewards fix a few small things with the scoring and the funky crap that needs adjusted anyway. Things like the 15 minute wait for a three minute round of Team vs Team and it's over, incognito in certain events vs others needs looked at, scoring needs adjusted, minor changes made now will have lasting results.

The End

Master
I'd sell my soul for mediocre things like potions regs and such some days. Power vanq hallys and warhammers. These are white whales. I don't need crazy pixel rewards I would die for enough vanq warhammers to comfortably lose them pvping lol.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Wouldn't want to deflate the runic market since it's actually kind of healthy and stable at the moment, but I'm all about being able to buy resources that are vendor type goods like regs and pots. Can't really deflate the keg market anyway, but even if you could who cares it's just setting up a macro to make things afk so nothin' hurt IMO.

Can we get more non pvp events weekly to entertain us and keep it fun. We have king of the hill, ctf, and pvp tournys quite often. We do occasionally have an invasion but we need new events to keep the fun coming.

I completely agree.

An integral part of maintaining and growing a player base is keeping dedicated vet players interested in the game.

Invasions can help, but the reality is, players need to be rewarded for inputting their time.

Rare drops unique to invasions held over a week is integral, and i must say the rares market here does lack compared with other shards i've played.

A strong rares market obtained from said events would help keep vet player interest, which in my opinion seems to be lacking from say before Kingdoms 2016 was announced.

Even re-vamping some of the champion/rda rares could help - i.e each of those bosses can drop a unique cloth yard (say 5%), along with footwear, with the harrower having something better.

Stuff to keep vet players striving to keep farming/active in guilds/community is a good thing.

My 2 cents - don't take the negative part the wrong way, i love this shard and it is the last frontier of UO, just trying to be constructive.

Sir.

Grandmaster
I love all the ideas here, great thread.

I'd really like to see a dev appointed to carrying out these events but also someone to write and host "shard lore" based events that are the ongoing story of the UOF world.. Like when Glaurung attacked cities in brit - that bit of story made a record in the archives of UOF history/lore. It helps RPers write stuff that matches world lore as well as gives a touch of that immersion to non RPers as well to know they are fighting to actually free a city, not an open invite to a general invasion that just happens outta nowhere.

Yeah the rares need to be revamped. There are some many great deco items that aren't available and so many other rare drops that have been around forever and are worth next to nothing.

If gold from invasions affect the economy then why aren't RDA's revamped? Scripting means its the same people finding RDAs most of the time. RDAs should remain rare but the method to obtain them should be changed in a way that opens it up to more players. The auto-scripted zerg race is awful imo.

The quest idea sounds great but I'd rather see meaningful changes that can be implemented sooner than later.

One suggestion that has been often proposed would be to implement a scoreboard system for champs. That seems like a better way to obtain power scrolls and relics.

WarSmith666

Master
actually should return the conquests imo. new players like myself was working on the titles and had something to do most the time. and yes quests might be awesome maybe something with a small reward.

tankian

Grandmaster
Here's a great idea. If anyone has played guild wars knows there are World Boss events that spawn. Would be great if we had something like this; world boss spawn randomly either once a day or twice a day once for US and Euro time zones, these bosses would have very high hps and could take 45-60 minutes to kill. doing a range of AOE and other attacks kinda like dungeon bosses or Arch deamon