MURDER COUNT CHANGES

halygon

Grandmaster
So you're saying you don't think there should be penalties for PKing people? Blame the victim?
Well yeah blame the victim but should there be pk penalties? Idk. I'm a bit torn. On one hand I don't see the point and on the other I can understand that it comforts some of the population. Do penalties keep people from PKing? Doubt it. Players gonna play.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
Well then, piss off and read another thread.
1237977458_thumbsup-terminator.gif

Don Key

Master
Well yeah blame the victim but should there be pk penalties? Idk. I'm a bit torn. On one hand I don't see the point and on the other I can understand that it comforts some of the population. Do penalties keep people from PKing? Doubt it. Players gonna play.

No, penalties don't keep people from BEING pks, they keep people from taking advantage of their blue hue.

The current system does give the population a little comfort knowing they are able to put reds into stat loss. But if they aren't murdering people and are simply red because of their past, they shouldn't be put into stat. Their penalty for their past is to be freely attackable and can't wear newbie clothes, etc.

Bottom line is you have PKs that can PK on their blue characters, and just leave them logged in overnight to reset their murder counts to zero. This is a flaw. If those PKs were running around red, you would know their intentions from the get go, but since they are blue they get to be deceptive and pick a spot where their victim has literally no chance to defend themselves. These are still PKs, but they face zero consequences (2 minute criminal timer and keep them logged on overnight to reset counts)

I'm not against PKs. Not one bit. I personally don't think they should be stat-loss'd. But I'm trying to keep these suggestions in line with the current system.

@Shane @Adam @Carl : Would love to hear your input on the matter so I can either try to strengthen my argument for these changes or let it fade into darkness

Don Key

Master
Okay.

It still should be longer. And 24 hours still isn't shit when you can sit afk overnight to macro them off.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
So your red dies and you think you just stop playing for the evening and you just start macro until the next night? Negative.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Don Key

Master
Being red doesn't make you a PK and I think this mentality is lost on almost all free shards I've played on.

It means you won't hesitate to PK someone who deserves it, but it doesn't mean you go around slaying noobs. Stat loss is intended to prevent people from slaughtering noobs by adding risk to the reward. Short and long counts are there to distinguish between someone who murders with impunity vs those who smite people in the name of player justice.

I think the two play styles should be distinguished by their respective punishments.

Fotsvett

Neophyte
I liked the real old system, you actually got grey and stayed that way for making a criminal thing like attacking someone, steal from someone etc, and got pretty fast red if you made the killing blow on another player. The only way to get rid of the grey and red color was to work it of by killing mobs, make good deeds for britannia. That way it was pretty hard to macro the pennalty of and you really had to work it of with good deeds to be blue again.

Reds shouldn't exist and guards shouldn't teleport in from nowhere to instakill you in a town should you commit a criminal activity with a 25% chance of getting caught by the server. These are sloppy solutions for carebears. The way it should be is guards everywhere in town that run and walk, some on horses and if there is no npc or player around you should be able to murder in town freely. The way it is though at the moment, if I'm stealing from some guy on the edge of brit whos macroing magery and no npcs are around to see and he's not there to call the guards I get whacked regardless.

I think murderers should get a perma red system thats like the thief's perma grey system. If you suspect, have died from them before, have checked the bounty board, used forensic on them or they're infamously a killer then you can take a gamble and attack them in town and if they walk past a guard, the guard would know they're a murderer just like they know how every thief is a thief and are sure to tell anyone who cares to listen. except the guard might go for their head.

Its just plain silly imo the way osi handled the whole criminal system.

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
I don't understand all the ins-and-outs of this system, but I've been playing on this server for over a month and not one red has tried to PK me.

They've ALL been blue. Which to me is kinda ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Li Meiyang

Grandmaster
This server is kinda imbalanced. Constant blue pks. Bank thieves handing the crap off to their other account. Kinda sucks when you got a 50k commodity deed and recall to the bank to deposit it only to have it knabbed instantly. And the ship system... I had to give up fishing because I'd be out there with a bag of MiBs and another ship pimped up with all the upgrades tracks me and starts firing, and I can't even get a recall off with my MiB guy, which is all I'm trying to do. More hours down the drain. It's probably a great server if you're into thieving or PKing, but I have better ways to waste my leisure time.

Denniz

Neophyte
I love this servers rules....if u want a change go to the OS and/or paid servers where the rules and tweaks have ruined the original game and the monthly subscription is unjustified imo ;)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
This server is kinda imbalanced. Constant blue pks. Bank thieves handing the crap off to their other account. Kinda sucks when you got a 50k commodity deed and recall to the bank to deposit it only to have it knabbed instantly. And the ship system... I had to give up fishing because I'd be out there with a bag of MiBs and another ship pimped up with all the upgrades tracks me and starts firing, and I can't even get a recall off with my MiB guy, which is all I'm trying to do. More hours down the drain. It's probably a great server if you're into thieving or PKing, but I have better ways to waste my leisure time.

PM me -- id like to offer you a scholarship based on this sad story.