Name Change Deeds

Name Change Deeds

• yes

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • no

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Yes but with regulations once every certain amount of days.

Votes: 11 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AssHat

Grandmaster
yeah shane is so against this. im stuck with a name i was drunk and misspelled :/ its my fault in the words of the mass asses

Snickle

Grandmaster
How about in our profiles we have something like "other alias's known by: _______"

I'd name a guy BATMAN and change name to Bruce Wayne so it'd say other aliases known by: BATMAN!
:cool:

Snickle

Grandmaster
Just out of curiosity any particular reason why Shane is against giving players the option of changing their character names?
He wants people to be held accountable by their reputation.
Someone could easily sell his house, rename all his characters and not play for a month then come back and nobody would recognize him. From what I've heard @Shane say, he wants people to be held accountable by their in game reputation.
That being said.... I have 3 characters on this server that nobody will EVER be able to associate with Snickle :cool:

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I agree with the idea of if you change your name all you previous names would be permanently in your profile description. That way you want a different name for roll playing or character of misspell etc. It is doable but if you ate looking to hide from your past it is just a simple double click away.

Jani

Grandmaster
I voted yes. As I've said many times, I don't see what is so bad with name change deeds.

1) Most of the people wouldn't buy them to hide their identity. There's other reasons to use a name change deed.
2) Creating new char will change your in game name as much as using a ncd.
3) I don't see what is so bad if someone changes his name and wants to start over. Only makes the game more interesting.
4) a name change deed is definitely one of the best gold sink / donation item ideas for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I voted yes. As I've said many times, I don't see what is so bad with name change deeds.

1) Most of the people wouldn't buy them to hide their identity. There's other reasons to use a name change deed.

Yes they would. Every single player had the chance to not build their character named omgiwrexkedyou before spending their resources on it.

2) Creating new char will change your in game name as much as using a ncd.

That's a resource sink as you would be training another character.

3) I don't see what is so bad if someone changes his name and wants to start over.
Only makes the game more interesting.

Perhaps you've never played an mmorpg where scamming is prevelant and people hide behind their name changes

4) a name change deed is definitely one of the best gold sink / donation item ideas for a long time.

Raffles and the donation vendor actually do that well

Akillah

Grandmaster
I voted no 'cause I never got to get one back when I wanted it.

NO.

He probably doesn't want it to happen 'cause imagine the illegal tasks you could perform ie; make illegal trades,
and go buy a name change deed and dress differently, you're good to go.

He also wont let me have my wedding deed either, he's against new names in general...

Future

Master
if someone wanted to hide who they are all they have to do is make a new charcter.. which takes less then 48 hours if u know what ur doing

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
With 3 accounts I really don't think the reputation of a single character matters. You can make multiple reds or multiple thieves or multiple fishermen or whatever and remake them in a day if you need to, so if you want to grief or scam you don't even need a name change (and if they are expensive then it'll be cheaper to just make a new character).