/!\ New Balanced CTF Scoring system /!\

Jani

Grandmaster
This thread deserves more attention. CTF is the most popular event and would be even funnier if the scoring system wasn't broken. Right now we have way too many flaggers around, cos it is the only way to get a good amount of points.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Why has this not been implemented yet? @Peav really addressed a lot of the issues currently facing CTF.

1. The global points rewards everyone for capping flags, so those people who are doing things like walling the maze or cross healing the person with the flag, which normally get zero reward, now get points as well for their teamwork.

2. The incentive for flaggers to be selfish and try to farm points is minimized because the total points they can earn overall is much lower (down to 100 from the current 200 if they hypothetically assaulted 5 flags and captured all 5), and it wouldn't be that much more than if they just focused on helping their team cap flags any way they could. I would even suggest assaulting flags only be worth 2 points as well. This way, for instance, if a flagger played selfishly maybe they could earn 85 points. (2 from assaulting the flag, 5 from capturing, and 10 from global reward for a total of 17, multiplied by 5) However if they didn't cap ANY flags but still helped their team to victory they would still earn 50 points, not much less than a flagger who capped all 5 flags.

3. I also really like the +1 point for the assist on a kill, which I assume could be coded as doing any damage to that person within the last 30 seconds or so before they died. This way we reduce the incentive for people to wait to kill the enemy because they want to steal the points.

4. I honestly don't even think we would need AFK detection. In tournaments, people already get 20 points for a loss, so you can already enter a tournament, go afk and die and get 20 points. So a CTF could potentially give you 30 more points than a tournament for doing nothing. It's a bit of an issue, but nothing gamebreaking. I mean, if AFK detection can be implemented, that's fantastic. It makes this idea even more viable.

The only thing I would suggest is to keep the joining pattern the same as it is now - that is, 1 person on blue, then 1 person on red, then 1 person on yellow, then one person on green, then another person on blue... etc. etc. and always give priority to the team with the least amount of players. HOWEVER, I would suggest that if you quit, make it so you are not able to rejoin the game for 10 minutes. This would stop teams from trying to stack. Also put a banker in the black area outside the CTF walls, somewhere that is only accesible when you are inside the starting area. Put it far enough away so the banker is not accessible once you are teleported into the actual CTF arena. Also make it so you are not given any supplies until once the game starts and you are teleported into the arena. This way you won't be able to bank any supplies given to you and it lessens the need for people to quit because they forgot something. If they forgot their nice weapon, they have a banker. If they left it at their house, well they have a 10 minute window from when the game is announced to when it starts. So if they join right away when the event is announced and then realize they forgot something, they can still get in again by the time the game starts.

Also make it so the CTF supplies you with strength and agility pots!! I hate having to bring my own all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
1. top walls and top healing done get a trophy, so I wouldn't say there's ''zero'' reward for those doing so.
2. disagree also with global scoring. The score is the incentive which is supposed to drive players to do their main objective, rather than just fighting in mid. If those players are still getting points for doing the wrong things, then they'll have less incentive to do the right thing for the team.
3. I don't think people are simply waiting for killshots just to get 2 eventscore points.. I haven't seen it at least. Maybe it's something that only you do because eventscore is the only thing you care about. But honestly nobody else does that.
4. AFK players normally just end up getting busy IRL while they wait for the event to start. Rather than worry about AFK detection, they could simply reduce the amount of time players have to get ready if it's becoming a widespread problem (which it isn't)

CTF doesn't need a banker dood. Just implement a warning when players want to quit, saying that they will not be able to rejoin if they quit the event. Supplies are given as default so there's no real reason to quit the event other than teamstacking or just needing to leave the game for irl reasons.

But yeah, I know you guys want to pretend you're good at CTF when really all you're good at is exploiting every weakness in it.. It's really not that bad the way it's set up currently. If you want to help, consider helping fix some of the other events which could really use it. Like FFA and KOTH. The FFA scoring has always been 100 times worse off than CTF and KOTH could realy use teamwork of some kind imo, at least I would think it would benefit the server to have more team events since teaming is important in other aspects of the game. CTF is fine. You make it sound like capping flags is naughty lol when really it's the main goal and the hardest thing to do. If anything I would suggest making CTF 2 teams instead of 4 until more people can get better at it and to eliminate weaker teams for newbies like you and peav to constantly stack up agaisnt and exploit for eventscore, your primary source of income and the only thing you care about.

Kilike

Grandmaster
1. top walls and top healing done get a trophy, so I wouldn't say there's ''zero'' reward for those doing so.
2. disagree also with global scoring. The score is the incentive which is supposed to drive players to do their main objective, rather than just fighting in mid. If those players are still getting points for doing the wrong things, then they'll have less incentive to do the right thing for the team.
3. I don't think people are simply waiting for killshots just to get 2 eventscore points.. I haven't seen it at least. Maybe it's something that only you do because eventscore is the only thing you care about. But honestly nobody else does that.
4. AFK players normally just end up getting busy IRL while they wait for the event to start. Rather than worry about AFK detection, they could simply reduce the amount of time players have to get ready if it's becoming a widespread problem (which it isn't)

CTF doesn't need a banker dood. Just implement a warning when players want to quit, saying that they will not be able to rejoin if they quit the event. Supplies are given as default so there's no real reason to quit the event other than teamstacking or just needing to leave the game for irl reasons.

But yeah, I know you guys want to pretend you're good at CTF when really all you're good at is exploiting every weakness in it.. It's really not that bad the way it's set up currently. If you want to help, consider helping fix some of the other events which could really use it. Like FFA and KOTH. The FFA scoring has always been 100 times worse off than CTF and KOTH could realy use teamwork of some kind imo, at least I would think it would benefit the server to have more team events since teaming is important in other aspects of the game. CTF is fine. You make it sound like capping flags is naughty lol when really it's the main goal and the hardest thing to do. If anything I would suggest making CTF 2 teams instead of 4 until more people can get better at it and to eliminate weaker teams for newbies like you and peav to constantly stack up agaisnt and exploit for eventscore, your primary source of income and the only thing you care about.
I'm still not sure if you're just ******** or if you genuinely like being wrong all the god damn time.

Sent from my SM-G900P

wreckognize

Grandmaster
go ahead and try and prove me wrong my good friend, anytime. Unless of course you're afraid of sounding well, you know.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Lol Wreckognize pretending again like he is the main man.

CTF not only is about flag capping it's about teamwork and defending your flag/base.

He has some solid ideas and I actually enjoyed reading his re-haul of the scoring system.

Not everyone is a flag capper, but the global point system for your team receiving a cap would atleast give the entire team incentive to work together and not just go off and do their own thing.

If he is so interested in just farming and playing for eventscore why is he offering ideas to make it better for all aspects and positions of the team.

Sounds more like you just have a grudge and a bone to pick with him.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Lol Wreckognize pretending again like he is the main man.

CTF not only is about flag capping it's about teamwork and defending your flag/base.

He has some solid ideas and I actually enjoyed reading his re-haul of the scoring system.

Not everyone is a flag capper, but the global point system for your team receiving a cap would atleast give the entire team incentive to work together and not just go off and do their own thing.

If he is so interested in just farming and playing for eventscore why is he offering ideas to make it better for all aspects and positions of the team.

Sounds more like you just have a grudge and a bone to pick with him.
Hanes has a grudge against everyone. He never makes any sense and is always wrong.

As the system is now; if you want points you cap flags. Meaning( because hanes needs it spelled out for his dumbass) everyone whose there for points is running a parry heal mage in invul plate, and trying to cap.

Ctf is all about teamwork, and the current system doesn't promote that.

Sent from my SM-G900P