New Server

Staff

Young Player Help
I'm contacting HostVenom right now. Ryan doesn't pay anything extravagant for his server. In fact, it is what we pay for our hosting at NFO. HostVenom doesn't offer as much DDOS protection as NFO does even. However, we need a host that won't null route us for 4 hours when we are receiving an attack that is greater than the scrubbed data. I'm also contacting the newest host to see if there is anything they can do about these 1 second spikes.

The server will also be moved back to the NFO server while we figure something out. This will happen within the next few hours.

Edit: Can someone post a video of the lag so I can demonstrate it to the host?

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkraven

Grandmaster
I'm contacting HostVenom right now. Ryan doesn't pay anything extravagant for his server. In fact, it is what we pay for our hosting at NFO. HostVenom doesn't offer as much DDOS protection as NFO does even. However, we need a host that won't null route us for 4 hours when we are receiving an attack that is greater than the scrubbed data. I'm also contacting the newest host to see if there is anything they can do about these 1 second spikes.

The server will also be moved back to the NFO server while we figure something out. This will happen within the next few hours.

Edit: Can someone post a video of the lag so I can demonstrate it to the host?

my lag only seem to kick in when i move i can stand still and ping 100 consistantly then i run about and boom 300-500 and i dont seem to be able to conect at all using lowerping

VeryCoolCat

Apprentice
Unless the people server side have never played UO... they won't really be able to understand the lag if they watch a video... but its a sudden very short burst of intermittent lag while moving.

Grant

Apprentice
I am guessing you guys are running off an exs host with VMware.. If you putty into the host that you are renting you can run the below commands to see if your getting high latency on the storage your using.
  1. Start esxtop by typing esxtop at the command line.
  2. Press d to switch to disk view (HBA mode).

I truly believe you guys are having storage Issues

Cheapsuit

Master
I've not been able to do anything except train my crafter...the good news from this lag is it forced me to train blacksmithy and im at 98 :)

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
WE NEED MORE 60 SECOND WORLD SAVES

ps its unplayable from the west coast(can only imagine japs & aussies are feeling) i lag stocking my vendor

Cheapsuit

Master
Yeah my ping is decent (55 average *but then again I pay for the fastest Comcast has to offer*) but still bad lag. Not sure what it means but just thought I would post it in case it helps any.

Edit: I'm on the east coast...perhaps its time to try a TN host? :)

Cheapsuit

Master
Why don't you just spend some money on a decent server? I hate to mention the word uoforever - but their server is fast as fuck and always has been :D

I'm UOF for life but what he says is true. A merger? hehe jk

Edit: can't we just find out who's doing the DDOS attacks and ask them to stop? :)

Zorlac

Journeyman
Whatever happened there I got screwed. I logged in the character that I was on at the time the switch happen and was dead as fuck. I was never dead previous to the sever transferring. It was a revert in which my character remained even though I wasn't logged in. I was carrying some stuff I wouldn't mind having back and it sent the ship I was carrying at the time to my bank and duped it so that there were two ships sitting in my bank. This was definitely a little bit of a set back.