Old Great Lakes Memories and Players on OSI

SidX

Grandmaster
Remember the server down battles? The servers would go down for maintenance one day a week (monday? tuesday? can't remember) and there would be a two hour timeframe just before it went down where anything goes, you could strut your best gear in battle unafraid of ddying and being looted because once it came back up, that never happened.
LOL, great times. People would drop checks all over the ground and I would always grab them, hoping that one time-- just once-- the server would save before going down and I'd be rich.

Although I missed most of the glory days since I joined during the AoS launch, some of the things I remember most fondly about GL (in no particular order):

- Impy's Auction House (currently MOA)
- ULTIMA's
- Those [Urk] guys who always roamed around Skara Brae speaking orcish
- **** fight night (forget the name of the establishment)
- The times when 8x8 didn't just refer to houses
- Lady Lava selling swamp dragons at WBB for 5k, tryin' to get by
- This list could go on forever

Man I miss GL..

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
- Those [Urk] guys who always roamed around Skara Brae speaking orcish

LOL that reminds me of another story from GL.

I was exploring the hedge maze and I guess it was inhabited by some role players, I think they were supposed to be elves or something, I'm not sure but I remember they didn't speak like orcs. So anyway I ran into some guy who was patrolling the maze and he was like "halt!" and wanted me to pay him for being in the maze or something. I didn't and he started attacking me and I teleported away through the maze. When I reached the center, I went inside the house and found a wooden chest that had a bunch of loot in it - magic weapons and armor (one was a halberd of ruin it turned out later, which I thought was so good), gold - and it even had an extra suit that the guild members wore. So I put on the guild outfit and left them a book in the now empty chest that read something like "It was I, Foxx, who looted your belongings!!". On the way out I ran into some more guild members, but since I had on the outfit, they assumed I was part of their guild and were like "have you seen soandso?" I was like "No, I have not" and tried to talk with them for a minute and make it seem like I was really part of the guild. Once we were done talking I took off running though that maze so fast thinking OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT AWAY WITH THAT. Lol, I wish I could remember more of the details but it was sooo long ago.

Bobaganoosh

Master
Ah the old days on Great Lakes running around with Ho Chi Minh and BTH. and get'em boy who plays on the server now. Some of the best times in Uo were the first few years. RIP OSI GL

Kilike

Grandmaster
Ah the old days on Great Lakes running around with Ho Chi Minh and BTH. and get'em boy who plays on the server now. Some of the best times in Uo were the first few years. RIP OSI GL

Get'em Boy was in BTH? Ho Chi Minh/Publius I remember very well as I was in BTH as well. (Kronos)(Not the asshat who called himself big K, but the original)

I remember lots about GL as I played there on and off from 97 to just before Kingdom Reborn.
I remember Hearts Desire and how everyone wore clothes made by her.
Being scared of BC because the vast amount of people they had, before learning to pvp and rolling them in various guilds.
Getting the Ultima Guild into pvp.
Dave! A guy who was in a few different guilds but rolled me and my friend as a dexxer one day with the nastiest dagger i've ever seen.
Finding out/meeting my guild leader of HSS(House Soul Stone a role playing guild who fought against Mondain and URK.) who ended up going to the same High School as me.)
Peon the legendary PK who had the highest Murder count on GL forever, and then becoming friends with him and taking over the crafting market, burning through 200 barbed kits a day each.
Bushido. The skill that let you 1v20 so broken OP.
The WET guild, and the two brothers i dueled all day everyday to get better.
Sir Alan, Dude let me roll around in his Phoenix gear.
COAL Armor and Emage
Doom
Sigil purple weps and clothing via a faction bug
Dr. Gravey Foo. The funniest coolest dude I met on GL. Was a pure bard, used to farm with him all the time.

Toons that I can remember
Scoot (my first ever toon who was a blacksmith, turned pk mage)
Scoot (Necro,Chiv Dexxer who was always soloing Doom)
Sir Willy (A Macer)
Sir Willy (Nox Mage)
Goku (Elf archer)
A Skilled Midget (Legendary crafter/Person you couldn't outbid at auctions)
A Skilled Midget (Red Necro Mage)
A Skilled Midget (Tamer)
Kronos (SS Mage)
Dogyo (Bushido mage)
Dogyos warrier (Bushido dexxer)
Shana (Necro peace mage)

There's more I'm sure lol

Seriously This thread has reminded me why I love this game so much. So many good memories. I used to play with like 10 different people in Real Life. Two of which are the reason I'm here on this server.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
lol halygon i didnt know you were ELRIC from d-i :eek:
I am not. He was just a good friend at the time. I knew him before he was in D-I and up until I quit OSI around the end of 2000-2001.

I guess that was around the time that Peon and Peof had their guild "7x".

Here is an embarrassing picture of him with his UO GF (she was a good friend of mine also hence the pic below):
vky40uM.png

Kilike

Grandmaster
I played GL around 98 myself but I was a newb no-namer. My chars were Foxx and spRinKleZ (what the blind guy from The Simpsons renamed Santa's Little Helper to).

I remember Sabbath CD and thinking all those guys in CD were cool as fuck because they all had CD in their name. I remember Scooby Doo I think was his name, one of the top guys on the bounty board, if not the top guy. And one day I actually ran into him and he was pking some other people and no one could kill him and I was scared as fuck like "holy shit this guy's a beast he's gonna kill me"

I never trained enough to 7x my chars, it always seemed impossible. I would just get GM archery and enough resist so that I could pk people and I would go on PK sprees seeing how many people I could kill before I finally died and got statted. Then I would just make a new char rather than wait for the counts to wear off, lol.

I also remember people exploiting a bug with blade spirits to gain resist very quickly in shame by casting from on top of a building. I don't know exactly how it worked and I never did it cause I was afraid of getting banned.

Good times though... fond memories of being a total newbie.
OMG I forgot all about Scooby Doo. His buddy ended up making a Scrappy Doo, and they used to always run together. I'm trying to remember who his other guys were. Arrrgh this will bother me all day lol.

Bobaganoosh

Master
I was in FS! I used to keep in contact with Neo but haven't talked to him in forever now.
Haha. I was in FS! too. With Ferb, Peon, Neo, Necro, (thought necro was playing here) Kincade, Puffy, that is who I can remember. Fun guild. What toons you play? I was Hanabol, Poison Muel, Arminius The Master Duelist.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Haha. I was in FS! too. With Ferb, Peon, Neo, Necro, (thought necro was playing here) Kincade, Puffy, that is who I can remember. Fun guild. What toons you play? I was Hanabol, Poison Muel, Arminius The Master Duelist.
In FS! I was Sir Willy and Scoot. I didn't talk a bunch but I was always around. I was still so new when I was in FS! But Peon (who ended up being a Childrens Pastor; which I always found funny) and Neo were very helpful. Necro and I talked very little. I remember seeing a Ferb, but don't remember him and Kincade and Puffy I don't remember all. Can't say I remember your names either, but back then I was such a no body lol, but I had a blast with those guys. I even Remember when Neo came back and his guild Title was Gl's Hero, and he tried to reform FS! for a bit.

OMG I just remembered when Heaven gave Neo nudes and he posted them all over the place. Which when I was that young I thought was the coolest thing lLOL.

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
I played Floyd Blake for a second in M-N, then in D-i...Then ended up with GoD the rest of my uo time. They are still around, they even played here for a little while a year ago or so.

Bobaganoosh

Master
Rofl I think I might still have those pics of Heaven and others on a old removable hard drive.. WoW. Thanks for that memory

Kilike

Grandmaster
Rofl I think I might still have those pics of Heaven and others on a old removable hard drive.. WoW. Thanks for that memory
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I used to have ones of her sister(or rather her friend she called her sister). Sadly i think those are lost. LOL
But you know if you find em. I could verify them... for science HAHA

She Sounded so hot. Sounded being the key word.

halygon

Grandmaster
Anyone ever see one of the original silver steeds? Here's one from my old screenshots. Poor guy couldn't do more than take it out every now and then because it was deletable if a GM saw it.
hrFPR12.png

[Legato]

Master
I played Pacific myself back from 1998 - 2002

My main was a mage named Magnus and always hung out in Delucia / T2A

I was one of the first to find out about the duping frenzy that pretty much killed OSI

The trick involved moving things from a house/boat to your backpack, then blackholing your character at a server instance entrance (dungeon entrance). The server would save the world but revert your character. So if you unloaded all the stuff in your backpack into your house, then black holed your character, the house would have the goodies, and they would appear on your character once you could log back in (after server reset)

Funny how their own failsafe system is what brought the economy and game to its knees

I amassed like 350 million gold in a few weeks. Sold 1million for $20 USD a pop on EBAY and used it to put a down payment on a car

I literally LOL'd all the way to the bank