Outdated website and wiki

darthdeus

Journeyman
Everytime we've given access we've either had to revoke it or had everything deleted over some childish things.

Why not just give out access to companions and other specific people who you'd decide to trust? If the account is tied to specific in-game accounts and the person agrees that if they vandalize you'd ban all of their ingame accounts, wouldn't that solve the issue? (though I agree that it might require additional checking from staff-side)

Everyone can write things up and send them over to us and we can post them for the public. Giving someone access doesn't stop this.

I don't really want to come out as being overly negative, but most having to contact staff for every minor change doesn't seem like a good solution, since it's not so easy to get ahold of you guys. I know you're busy, but that won't really motivate people to produce valuable content.

If there were a select few who got access, say the companions (or maybe just some of them), they could do the same without having to bother staff. For example, I think we have at least two companions in Trin, and many more people who genuinely want to help people. I don't really see how this would lead to wiki vandalization.

Last but not least, I know a lot of people are suggesting forums, but those are particulary bad for things that change over time. Sure you can search, but if we had one canonical source of truth that was updated, even if it's just recent things copied over from the forum, imho that'd make it much more useful to the community.

halygon

Grandmaster
Doesn't it affect stamina regeneration also?
Negative.
Tell you what... PM me any content changes and I GUARANTEE they will be put on the wiki.
Make sure to include me also. It helps if you pre-format the content so that when we re-write it into the MediaWiki format, we do not have to creatively design the formatting. If you can provide your content in MediaWiki format direclty, then we would have minimal work to do prior to adding it into the Wiki.

AssHat

Grandmaster
i personally want to comment on why these things are prolly not updated: because people are treated like garbage on here and then people like barracoon can do whatever he wants so why would anyone want to help. if this piece of shit was gone, maybe the staff can focus on helping the server instead of always watching over someone's back that caues some of the most drama on this server....

also see what i did here to make it about him...

halygon

Grandmaster
i personally want to comment on why these things are prolly not updated: because people are treated like garbage on here and then people like barracoon can do whatever he wants so why would anyone want to help. if this piece of shit was gone, maybe the staff can focus on helping the server instead of always watching over someone's back that caues some of the most drama on this server....

also see what i did here to make it about him...
No barracoon does not tie into just any topic. No.. just no.

4419344.jpg