People abusing the "young" player status

Yesterday I saw a guy in full rep slayer/indes/invul armor as a young char at despise champ spawn. This is absolute trash. For those of you who do not know, young players CAN NOT get attacked at champ spawns, so they will just use EV's while sitting in a pile of monsters without having to worry about dying. I also saw another on today and I even let them know they were abusing it. They completely ignored me and just kept on casting EV's. I understand that its against the rules but I do think that more should be done than just "removing young status" due to the fact that these people KNOW they are abusing it. Especially the guy in the full slayer armor. He is obviously a vet in the game as is, how he has just made his 3rd account is beyond me. They know the rules and yet still abuse them. If you see a young player at a champ spawn, please report them.

SidX

Grandmaster
I agree, I see this all the time when on my thief.. I see Young players constantly farming SSs at titans, or running champs, and it's insanity seeing them run around with a Slayer/Indestructable/Vanquishing/Supremely Accurate bow and full Invul armor. Sadly many of these players get around the IP restrictions via VPN or other means so it's really not traceable back to their main accounts. Quickly get a bunch of SSs and scrolls, move them to the main account before getting banned, and voila.

Greed

Master
how about if someone has a young player status they simply cannot enter into a champ spawn because they are physically unable to. they would receive a message similar to this: "your inexperience causes you to shy away from the peril". that way players could no longer abuse the system and still maintain their young player status if they so choose

C

Carl

We take care of every young player that is reported or that we catch abusing the system and will continue to do so. We will look into further ideas to keep players who try to abuse the system at bay.

halygon

Grandmaster
We take care of every young player that is reported or that we catch abusing the system and will continue to do so. We will look into further ideas to keep players who try to abuse the system at bay.
Keep them locked down in Brit and force them to use only the newbie dungeon until they are out of young status. Other MMORPGs do this to keep their new players in a newbie zone so they do not affect veterans and do not become fodder out in the wild.

If they don't want to be locked down anymore and want to explore, they must renounce their young status (give them this message when they attempt to leave the boundaries of Brit).

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Keep them locked down in Brit and force them to use only the newbie dungeon until they are out of young status. Other MMORPGs do this to keep their new players in a newbie zone so they do not affect veterans and do not become fodder out in the wild.

If they don't want to be locked down anymore and want to explore, they must renounce their young status (give them this message when they attempt to leave the boundaries of Brit).
This is a superb idea.

girana

Grandmaster
Other MMORPGs do this to keep their new players in a newbie zone so they do not affect veterans and do not become fodder out in the wild.

uo is not like other mmorpgs you cant lock down player in uo that kills alot gameplay

amonseti

Grandmaster
I think I ran into same guy in despise on 2 occasions he would stand next to sprit paragons i was working on waiting to corpse loot the body . and if he did there would have been nothing I could have done about it.

halygon

Grandmaster
uo is not like other mmorpgs you cant lock down player in uo that kills alot gameplay
You are right, but at the same time, we are not talking about players, we are talking about new players. There's a distinct difference. They will receive full access if they renounce their status (which they shouldn't really have outside of towns or in real dungeons) or when they hit the skill/time limit. Think about it, this would probably improve the new player experience as they fully understand that when they are able to leave the designated newbie area, that they are entering into dangerous areas. OSI did this themselves with "New Haven" however they took it so far that players could 7x their characters with little money or effort -- Obviously we should not take it that far, but it is a successful process nonetheless.

I think I ran into same guy in despise on 2 occasions he would stand next to sprit paragons i was working on waiting to corpse loot the body . and if he did there would have been nothing I could have done about it.
Youngs cannot loot blue corpses, they have to wait for them to turn grey.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Youngs cannot loot blue corpses, they have to wait for them to turn grey.

Ahh cool! did not know that. Here I thought I was just quicker then him.. well thats good then. But he still was causing provo disruptions , this guy was still a pain in the ass, regardless .

halygon

Grandmaster
Ahh cool! did not know that. Here I thought I was just quicker then him.. well thats good then. But he still was causing provo disruptions , this guy was still a pain in the ass, regardless .
It wasn't always like this, but they changed it about a month ago or so.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
We are talking about (Young) players not players in general...

Phylyn Rahl, Eugene the Weak, Mysthran, Mysthrana, Norah Winehouse, StevieRayVaughan, VFingerDiscount

Like i said, ive reported 2 in 2 days. Im all about having young players run around dungeons doing their thing but when they enter a champ area and stay to attack spawn then they know exactly what they are doing. It just baffles me that someone in full slayer armor and an ethy was abusing the system. You are not just "given" an ethy and full slayer armor. Noone as rich to own a slayer set like that is dumb enough to say "sure you can have/borrow my suit".

I agree with a gump saying they are unable to enter in area, just like ghosts not being able to leave and such.

Staff

Young Player Help
Hi, I( haven't see any of these reports, someone must have been answering them and deleting them. I'm taking a hard stance on people abusing young status. If you can recall any of their names, please post them here and they will be dealt with.

We've currently removed the gear of about 5 people doing this.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
how about if someone has a young player status they simply cannot enter into a champ spawn because they are physically unable to. they would receive a message similar to this: "your inexperience causes you to shy away from the peril". that way players could no longer abuse the system and still maintain their young player status if they so choose

This idea sounds great! Plus take it one step further and add an option to renounce "Young" status to proceed to Dungeon or Champ Spawn!

Don Key

Master
Do young players even know they are abusing the system?

I ask because I instantly renounce my young player status because I don't need it. But I do have a buddy that is brand new to the game of UO and he may not have even known he was doing something wrong. I can assure you it doesn't take a veteran of this game to get a repond weapon and a full set of slayer armor. Hard to fault someone if they aren't even aware of it.

Also, is this any different than going from 0-GM Taming while being in young status?