Pet Movement Speed....

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
#affected

yes you are.

Don't be fatuous, Hanes. I would say you are the most #affected wizard on the server. Bashes EQMS and says we are bad for the server but your pride & joy, tom the immortal got banned for having 126 accounts, bashing staff, and rl threats. (don't forget hanes exploiting the shit out of the gold sink vendor)

Reality check Hanes, the server is poppin', all 4 factions are active, and you are left in your britt bridge house QQin

ps i will never forget my first time meeting Hanes in game, it was at the docks. He was bashing staff, telling people to quit, how we was leaving the shard and how corrupt this shard is.

Cack

Grandmaster
hahaha, the 10v10 took place after you quit the game because house hiding was nerfed.

anyway....

Please keep this thread on track discussing why dragons and other pets should be able to move as fast their mounted owner and keep up with them for a 50+ screen chase.

@Liberty
Calling in 1 vs 1 on forums?
Come on glutt you are better than that

Guwap

Grandmaster
yes you are.

Don't be fatuous, Hanes. I would say you are the most #affected wizard on the server. Bashes EQMS and says we are bad for the server but your pride & joy, tom the immortal got banned for having 126 accounts, bashing staff, and rl threats. (don't forget hanes exploiting the shit out of the gold sink vendor)

Reality check Hanes, the server is poppin', all 4 factions are active, and you are left in your britt bridge house QQin

ps i will never forget my first time meeting Hanes in game, it was at the docks. He was bashing staff, telling people to quit, how we was leaving the shard and how corrupt this shard is.

I think he stopped playing and just trolls on forums now. I mean, he never has to leave the house to do it...

I may start collecting his posts to create a biography called: The Diary of a Lonely House Wizard. It'll be a nice UOF addition to the Bobby123 chatbot (with 4 different rage copy pastas).

Liberty

Grandmaster
Get back on topic and stop with the constant who is greater than who garbage. The grace period is almost over. Soon warnings and bans are going to be handed out if the ignorance continues.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Bump...still waiting as to why pets moving as fast as mounted players is a good thing -- didnt @Shane say a long time ago that he wanted to avoid UOF PVP turning into tamer PVP?

Answer please:

1. Do you feel pets moving as fast as mounted players in PVP situations is balanced? If so, why?
2. Do you feel that its fair to have faction pets move slower than normal pets? If so, why?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
yeah what happened to the prompt same-day service glut was getting before?? :p

PS pets do not move as fast as mounted players, it's already been explained to you glut. learn to read

i tested this last night because of the lies you and others claiming that pets wont keep up with a mounted player.

I bought a horse and said all guard me, I ran 50 screens, stopped and casted an FS, before the FS was done casting, my pet was right next to me.

Are you going to actually make me record a video of this and upload it to youtube to further prove you're lying or...?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
sounds more like you are having connectivity issues. What client version are you using? Have you tried deleting everything in your C: drive? Have you tried uninstalling and maybe let your computer cool off for a good month or two? Maybe see a counselor?

Please post a video so we can see what the problem is exactly. I think it's on your end because everyone else only needs to run ~1.5 screens to get a full combo off.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
you assume it's broken but in reality the server has always had, grown and thrived on the same mechanics. Adapt.

Pet speed is not equal to mounted player speed, you just need to learn to navigate those dungeons better if you want the good stuff. Risk Vs Reward. You risk going up against tamers in their territory then you'd better have the skills to pay the bills.

On the bright side though, we've already had a nice dose of what happens when we listen to glut. We smelled the bouquet and swished it around to check the flavor, and im pretty sure it's been spat on the floor at this point.

Messremb

Grandmaster
i tested this last night because of the lies you and others claiming that pets wont keep up with a mounted player.

I bought a horse and said all guard me, I ran 50 screens, stopped and casted an FS, before the FS was done casting, my pet was right next to me.

Are you going to actually make me record a video of this and upload it to youtube to further prove you're lying or...?
I can lose my pet in 2 screens easy. And once you are of screen they stop following.

Pets are fast for sure but the real issue is the remount timer

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Remount timer may be an issue but if pet speed is fixed, a tamer with metas and dragons/WW's are forced to be defensive instead of having their poketurrets of instadeath be able to keep up in a 50 screen chase.

If a PVP tamer wanted to be offensive, at least theyd only have their mount with them which makes it much more balanced than how it currently is.

K A Z

Grandmaster
you assume it's broken but in reality the server has always had, grown and thrived on the same mechanics. Adapt.

Pet speed is not equal to mounted player speed, you just need to learn to navigate those dungeons better if you want the good stuff. Risk Vs Reward. You risk going up against tamers in their territory then you'd better have the skills to pay the bills.

On the bright side though, we've already had a nice dose of what happens when we listen to glut. We smelled the bouquet and swished it around to check the flavor, and im pretty sure it's been spat on the floor at this point.

dont you have to a huge bug to exploit or something? get the fuck out of this thread with your bullshit noob.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Answer please:

1. Do you feel pets moving as fast as mounted players in PVP situations is balanced? If so, why?
2. Do you feel that its fair to have faction pets move slower than normal pets? If so, why?

Even the haters have yet to provide an answer to these questions...

the only answers ive seen given so far are:

-dragons have wings so they should be super fast
-it's always been this way(broken) so why fix it?

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I died to a tamer inside the arch deamon room, which is barely 2 screens wide and has too many traps for me to be running around mindlessly like I was.

fixed and I will remind you that just because you died and probably got statted it's no reason to get upset with me. I don't even have a tamer.