Pet skill loss is impossible to work with.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankian

Grandmaster
So look at it this way. You have a new guy start. Work his ass off to get a meta pet. Only to be pkd daily by eqms, just 2 days ago they had almost 30 pks standing in front of destard entrance all loaded up just to kill one tamer as he recalls in. So guess what? After dying over and over and his pet it shit now he decides to quit. We need to keep players here.

girana

Grandmaster
So look at it this way. You have a new guy start. Work his ass off to get a meta pet. Only to be pkd daily by eqms, just 2 days ago they had almost 30 pks standing in front of destard entrance all loaded up just to kill one tamer as he recalls in. So guess what? After dying over and over and his pet it shit now he decides to quit. We need to keep players here.

maybe he should farm somewhere else and not keep going back to destard if he knows pks are there

God.RG

Grandmaster
meta pets are end game content..

..period.
+ don't meta pets get skill resets?
i understand you're trying to make your situation sound ohhhh sooo badddd, but it's not. buy scrolls.. stock them, hoard them. do whatever you gotta do..

dexxers lose upwards of 100k now when they die. what do tamers lose, other than a few regs? maybe a flute? lol.

and just for clarification, i'm not the type to kill pets. so don't assume i don't want change just so i can fuck tamers.

Fattson

Grandmaster
meta pets are end game content..

..period.
+ don't meta pets get skill resets?
i understand you're trying to make your situation sound ohhhh sooo badddd, but it's not. buy scrolls.. stock them, hoard them. do whatever you gotta do..

dexxers lose upwards of 100k now when they die. what do tamers lose, other than a few regs? maybe a flute? lol.

and just for clarification, i'm not the type to kill pets. so don't assume i don't want change just so i can fuck tamers.
I'm taking the flute. Just an fyi.

Meta dexxers and factioners dont have skill loss so why not do something about pets. Dono item that will increase gains

Because the price you pay for simply pressing a macro that says ALL GUARD ME and casts EBOLT / last target and actually kills someone is pet skill loss.

I specifically try to get paragons or mobs to kill pets after i kill the tamer. It's the highlight of my day knowing that the trammies have to spend hours retraining their all guard me turrets

I didn't read the entire thread, but your pets really shouldn't ever die unless you're doing champs/RDAs and the pets get boxed in by spawn. You're obviously new to tamer farming:

An escape macro (spam all follow me, recall on a specific rune) is SO over powered once your pets are bonded. I haven't found a PK that can show up on screen and interrupt before the recall spell goes off.

Dying because you ran into more mobs than your pet can handle is only ever due to lack of experience farming. If you can't realize that you're overwhelmed by spawn and hit your escape macro before shit hits the fan, you just need more practice.​

holy molly you nerds to learn how to afk train pets in a house or boat
Also this. It only takes a pile of bandages to do so. If you're farming 50k gp/hour (which is really on the low end even without meta pets), one hour of farming will literally net you enough gold to buy more bandages than you know what to do with.

exince

Grandmaster
Ok.. so I have been attempting to keep my pets skills up.

I have been so careful to work them attempting to gain any losses that I get from getting pk d or from taking on more spawn then my pets can handle.

just join factions, ress the pets at 5k per pet... you don't really die more... and just laugh at all the idiots wasting their time killing your pets ;)

Caso

Grandmaster
I would love to see the screenshots of the "3" power dexxers you killed.
This is a lie.

It was me vs 2 tamers with 2 white wyrms and 2 dragons. They sat there x healing in a corner while I tried to kill them solo. I eventually died - no surprise given I have 4 sets of pets plus 2 kids x healing and e bolting. I accepted the challenge.

However I got my second character and killed them all. However at this point they had 4 players and I called in a blue healer. I lured the skellie dragon to assist vs the now 5 pets and 4 players. This allowed a brief distraction so I could kill them all. Was good fun. Thanks for the pvp.

Regardless this thread is dumb. You don't need gm resist on your pet.... Shit 90 Margery is good enough and really easy to maintain. Gm resist vs 60 resist? What's the difference? Like 20 HP extra of damage against an Ebolt... Big deal your pet has 820hp anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grizard

Adept
I say just have it to where when Pet dies there is a 15-30 minute period where stats are reduced. At the end of the period your pet goes to the prior stats minus .1 of each stat or something close to this.

Caso

Grandmaster
I say just have it to where when Pet dies there is a 15-30 minute period where stats are reduced. At the end of the period your pet goes to the prior stats minus .1 of each stat or something close to this.
where is the risk?

Violence

Grandmaster
what the fuck is wrong with just casting spells on mobs and hitting them with a vanq sword?

has the monster AI in UO suddenly become self aware in the last 20 years that justifies the huge influx of power creep we see today?

God.RG

Grandmaster
just out of curiosity what do you think the gm's should do? I think killing dexxers 1v me and my pets is cake walk, unless its more than 1 ,2 or 3 can get tricky no doubt. I rarely ever die. I mean don't get me wrong I do die sometimes however usually I send any pks off running then I usually recall out before they can get back. at that point I bank my shit recall back at prepare to kick their ass. me and 1 no name tamer wiped 3 power dexxers the other day with absolutely no coms ( communication ), all they kept saying is " I cant wait for a paragon " lol. key to the whole thing is staying tight in a corner, all guard me,when they get close "all kill" set target closes red hot key on razor . ( mine personally is press middle mouse key ) you have provo if im not mistaken. which is even better for you. whatever your dragon is attacking provo it to kill them . if you don't have a recall macro I suggest you making one. I donno but imo pks by themelves just cant kill me on my tamer unless im watching a movie while farming or something or had to many beers and just fuck up. however the greifing is fucking shit, its sad that they don't just kill you and keep it moving, on the other hand greifing people can be fun if you learn to do it
Still waiting on these screenshots.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
you guys? don't associate me with the nerds that feel the need to roll 2-10 deep to kill tamers and bards..
either way, there are ways around dying.. move more. don't go to high traffic areas. etc etc etc.. you're not a noob, you should know these things. but for some reason i feel like you're the type that wants to farm in deceit/shame 5 for an hour and blame it on someone else when you die.

I am not sure, but I think the OP meant her Regular pets not any meta pets. I think meta pets are very powerful and would not want to see them used in pvp and have the same strength attacking people as they have attacking mobs.

As far as Regular pets( non meta) go I am not sure why they have statloss .just my two cents.

I am not sure, but I think the OP meant her Regular pets not any meta pets. I think meta pets are very powerful and would not want to see them used in pvp and have the same strength attacking people as they have attacking mobs.

As far as Regular pets( non meta) go I am not sure why they have statloss .just my two cents.

Exactly. Again, I do not think Cinni is talking about her meta. It's the wws, death beetles, mares or night animals that are hard to even keep at a normal skill base. The non op pets....

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
Exactly. Again, I do not think Cinni is talking about her meta. It's the wws, death beetles, mares or night animals that are hard to even keep at a normal skill base. The non op pets....

Sadly people love and esp some people love to derail topics. I know some get confused but some just spew non-sense...

The run around flapping their arms and running their mouth to detract from the topic....Kinda like the American Government and their false flag shit....." don't look over their folks nothing to see here...

Cack

Grandmaster
Sadly people love and esp some people love to derail topics. I know some get confused but some just spew non-sense...

The run around flapping their arms and running their mouth to detract from the topic....Kinda like the American Government and their false flag shit....." don't look over their folks nothing to see here...
Reported

Reason: No thread ever has been derailed. Certainly never by any **** pics such as this....

07842173aaf220ae59e6d81616b35a11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.