Phase Shift relic - or is it Phase Shit? Return to Position please.

Modus

Master
Everyone who has a Phase Shift Relic encounters these problems on a daily basis:
It does deal some decent damage, level 1 is awsome, cause you got to control your final location you land at. But when it gets leveled higher i welcome you to the world of bugtima online. The Random teleport to the following creature (or for example bugged: to a pile of debris behind titansspawn in fire, where i got stuck and got a kindling + a bandage in my bag for some weird reason after bugging into it) brings your ass into situations where you dont want to end up in. Getting stuck in shit or getting teleported into a blocked spot happens way too often.
Not to mention the tactical aspect of the relic, when it comes to champ spawns, for example neira: You got some monsters in front of you, teleportstrike your phase shit on them °BOOM° - Welcome to a random location on a freaking table in a full room of spawn, that you dont wanna be at ANY TIME.

MY SOLUTION to the problems of getting stuck all day, teleporting into bugged objects that dont even resemble a monster, getting teleported to shit you wish your phase shit relic to hell:
After the last Strike, make it teleport you to the position where the first monster was hit. OR: where the relic was activated. OR: include some mechanism to deativate the Relic temporarily, so you are not an excluded idiot on events and team challenges. The effort to get the relics should at least lead to not being a disadvantage.

Dont get me wrong! I like the whole thing, but it causes alot of chaos and trouble.

If someone has got further ideas just add them for a vital discussion.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
The amount of times i got stuck in weird spots is incredible, theres a few spots at the destard spawn on where i could get stuck, on a small mountain, in some pit and on another spot, just places i teleport to and cant walk away from , as my char has no magery cant teleport, or most of the times i get stuck i get attacked by a mob who is also stuck at that spot and will die there., where i have to use the forgiveness ring or use the stuck option..

In deceit spawn i have to be really carefull at the small room behind the altar, coz if i " phase shift " there i most likely end up in the "small elevated mob traps" wich are mostly full of ghouls and what not, means insta death, use stuck option call for gm to retrieve body as i cant get my stuff from my corpse..
Also in terra keep there is a spot on wich u can get stuck with phase shift, and when theres loads of mobs u cant recall..

Also yes, the amount of times i get teleported to far away and then have to run for my life chugging pots and what not, and then drag half the spawn to the rest of my ally/guild is frustrating, or i just die in the middle of a huge spawn..

Also, whenever the "champ" comes on , wether it be riktorr or neira or what ever, i usually or i have to disable my talisman by putting it in my BP, or else i phase shift most likely to a certain death, with me wearing no armour, phase shifting next to a champ surrounded by pets and spawn is deadly as u get auto attacked at that point by the champ, whenever that happens u have to disable your bow VERY fast and start bombing your red pot macro with your fingers..

^_^

Grandmaster
After the last Strike, make it teleport you to the position where the first monster was hit. OR: where the relic was activated.

If someone has got further ideas just add them for a vital discussion.

This is what I'm thinking a lot of time :)

Josh D

Grandmaster
I agree with this thread. I quit using my meta dexer at champs for this reason...got tired of body getting stuck in a place I cant get back to

Young Star

Grandmaster
Yes. I may actually add this relic if it Yo-yo's/boomerangs you back to where it activated. Its so dumb to see people phase shift into tiles they cant get out. These invasions in towns really show its flaws as well like teleporting into plant boxes you cant escape.

Modus

Master
i love the whole system, how you added new abilitys and special moves to the game with the talisman, but remember: everything needs to be tested and people who play with the talisman since it was established are like the beta testers. So please listen to the problems the people encounter with the new implemented ideas. I really like the Phase Shift strike but it needs a little attention to make it playable well.
You did a nice Job on my other thread about the talisman spam, eppy - i hope you get message right: you guys develop great stuff that just sometimes needs a little bit of adjustment.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
MY SOLUTION to the problems of getting stuck all day, teleporting into bugged objects that dont even resemble a monster, getting teleported to shit you wish your phase shit relic to hell:
After the last Strike, make it teleport you to the position where the first monster was hit. OR: where the relic was activated. OR: include some mechanism to deativate the Relic temporarily, so you are not an excluded idiot on events and team challenges. The effort to get the relics should at least lead to not being a disadvantage.

Even though i like this suggestion very very much, i think the problem is if " Phase Shift " would turn out this way, it would be very easy to macro this afk. I know theres is loads of talisman relics that can be macro'd afk allready (maybe Phase Shift can no to, i dont know) , and it does frustrates me to a point of why everything has to be macro'd..
I'd love to see a solution on this, as i got this relic for almost a year now and died numerous times because of it. But i dont like a solution wich would make it much more simple to macro it afk..

dobber

Grandmaster
Not sure if you guys remember my suggestions on this relic from way back around when it first came out. I guess there weren't many berserkers so not many people cared. On top of the suggestions mentioned already in this thread (some that I have mentioned in the past), I would also suggest this relic to replenish stamina or, at least, not use any stamina. As it is right now, if you are using a 2-handed weapon, you have wasted the DPS that you gained from this relic by having to unequip, chug refresh, reequip, and reset your swing timer to get back the massive amount of stamina lost. This is one of the main reasons there are no 2-handed PVM dexxers anymore (as well as having to chug to tread someone sometimes). This stamina replenishment would have almost zero effect on katana users since they can easily chug after a phase without losing valuable DPS, but provide a much needed boost to help make 2-handers viable again.

I almost don't even care about this issue anymore since I've been so busy IRL lately and have long ago switched to katana (as I know you all have too) and feel somewhat burnt out about arguing it. But, may the odds be ever in your favor.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I am stubbornly holding onto LJ on my zerker but the majority of this invasion he has been running around with a katana and shield.

@eppy keeps mentioning in IRC that he wants to rebalance axes. Not sure if that will ever happen or if the other staff shot it down already.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
here is an example of getting stuck in the ground, this happend on booty 5 mins ago... i was unable to walk out of that location. it happend after a phase shift...
4pPlwtM.jpg

Young Star

Grandmaster
here is an example of getting stuck in the ground, this happend on booty 5 mins ago... i was unable to walk out of that location. it happend after a phase shift...
4pPlwtM.jpg
LOL. This is just ridiculous. You are stuck there until another mob comes along to activate phase shift again or recall out. Now imagine if there were a few mobs around that cast spells. You have to sit their getting dumped on hoping to stay alive long enough to phase shift again, assuming there is something left to target that is still 8 tiles away.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I was lucky the 2 Ogre Lords i was fighting at the time were that much hurt they ran away, if they were both half health i would have died there and would have been buried at the same time , hahaha :)

Modus

Master
4pPlwtM.jpg

i could fill a whole library with sreenshots if i made one every time i ended up in some bad spot / bughole / blocked spot..

FAMARA

Grandmaster
I have never used phase shift, but I agree with this post.

because this is the reason my meta dexer put the other 3 relics on, and skipped phase shift, it just sounded like problems!

Young Star

Grandmaster
I have never used phase shift, but I agree with this post.

because this is the reason my meta dexer put the other 3 relics on, and skipped phase shift, it just sounded like problems!
Same. Never putting this one on unless it gets changed.