Please accept BITCOINS for donations!!

Potato

Neophyte
You have to be the dumbest person on this forum. No one cares what your opinion is on the longevity of any crypto-currency. It literally makes absolutely no difference. The shard can retain more revenue and eliminate charge-back risks on any transactions processed in BTC. They hold absolutely no crypto-currency and we can all use our "funny money" to send them US DOLLARS. So why are you even responding? Would you like me to show you how much money I have made off of this "dying thing" ? Do you think Bill Gates would care what your opinion is on Personal Computers after making millions (before the billions even)? That's literally what we're doing here... I have quadrupled my best yearly salary from BTC, I could truly care less what you think about BTC or any crypto. So wbile you flip burgers or do whatever profession it is you might do (if anything) and pretend like you have a clue about anything, I will continue to cash out my profit weekly.

Thanks for your opinions though bud.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
literally
absolutely

you sound desperate lol
calling him 'bud' shows alot more anger than you realize
surely you are a genius mathematician

xPQ3dxh.jpg

though im not sure you should be advertising for bitcoin on these forums

reported for advertising

kurtis

Grandmaster
You can post pictures and bash non-government currency, but the reality of the situation is that these are the exact type of transactions that BTC was created for - it's a perfect match. Not only does Shane have less transaction fees but it's considered a cash-transaction so he gets his money almost immediately and there is zero chance that the transaction will be reverted for any reason. BTC caters to these kind of "virtual" world transactions. There really is no downfall here, for anyone. Except maybe the setup time.

No where in the original post did I sense shameless promotion. Rather, it was very simply: "if you accept BTC, I will donate."

Potato

Neophyte
Mathematician ? You make absolutely no sense. Which just further proves that you have no clue how any of this works.

Forum trolls = desperate attempts to be okay with your pathetic lives.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You can post pictures and bash non-government currency, but the reality of the situation is that these are the exact type of transactions that BTC was created for - it's a perfect match. Not only does Shane have less transaction fees but it's considered a cash-transaction so he gets his money almost immediately and there is zero chance that the transaction will be reverted for any reason. BTC caters to these kind of "virtual" world transactions. There really is no downfall here, for anyone. Except maybe the setup time.

No where in the original post did I sense shameless promotion. Rather, it was very simply: "if you accept BTC, I will donate."
The last sentence is absolutely true.

That's in reference to the desperation for validation that I see every time I see this fad being referenced.

Not just this instance but in every instance. Ever.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I do enjoy the name-calling and personal attacks though.

I merely attacked the validity of the currency. No need for the butthurt.

My work here is done. Thanks for playing!

kurtis

Grandmaster
There's no point in continuing on, Potato. The forum trolls have arrived, and they have their pitchforks. I think your point was made. Shane is both reasonable and intelligent. I suggest trying to catch him on IRC and chatting with him, and I guarantee he will at least give it legit consideration. He has a reputation for doing deals with serious donators.

Potato

Neophyte
There's no point in continuing on, Potato. The forum trolls have arrived, and they have their pitchforks. I think your point was made. Shane is both reasonable and intelligent. I suggest trying to catch him on IRC and chatting with him, and I guarantee he will at least give it legit consideration. He has a reputation for doing deals with serious donators.
Agreed. I'm sure Shane will look at this and I will send him a message on IRC a bit later as well.

Some resources - (from my experience this can be setup in a matter of minutes, much easier than paypal)

https://coinbase.com/docs/merchant_tools/payment_buttons

or for bitpay

https://bitpay.com/

I recommend coinbase over bitpay only because I know they have the capital to support their business. Both are US based. San Francisco for Coinbase & Atlanta for BitPay.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
it just almost sounds too good to be true
im sure there has to be some catch
what do you do all day, mine while being subjected to advertising?
are they collecting research data to help create new marketing techniques?
You realize this type of technology helped the nazi's
are you a supporter of nazi's??
i rest my case

Lavos

Master
AlkG2Vg.gif

I do think the idea behind virtual currency is pretty solid in theory but has a long way to go before it's widely accepted. That being said, I don't see any reason for UOF not to accept BitCoin donations, you can immediately exchange them for real dollars so why not?

PS - (@Potato, @kurtis) I built a new PC recently with an R9 290x. What's the best way to get me some of those sweet sweet imaginary dollars?

Potato

Neophyte
AlkG2Vg.gif

I do think the idea behind virtual currency is pretty solid in theory but has a long way to go before it's widely accepted. That being said, I don't see any reason for UOF not to accept BitCoin donations, you can immediately exchange them for real dollars so why not?

PS - (@Potato, @kurtis) I built a new PC recently with an R9 290x. What's the best way to get me some of those sweet sweet imaginary dollars?
290x will get you about 900 kh/s scrypt mining with the right settings.

You can use coinwarz.com daily to see what is the most profitable. I personally mine scrypt coins at launch (before they hit coinwarz). There's no longevity in most of these alt coins just short term speculative gains. Which is fine with me, profit is profit. Just don't hold alt coins long term. Convert to BTC as often as you can and then cash out your BTC to USD (or whatever your domestic currency is)weekly/monthly.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Not sure why in the world you guys wouldn't be already... If you don't want to hold the BTC just use coinbase and convert straight to cash at time of donation!! Only 1% fee (66% less than PayPal), retain more of your money and NO CHARGEBACKS whatsoever!!

Step into 2014 please, and I will dump hundreds in donations today. Guaranteed.

I promise you it's so easy that you could have it setup within the next hour.

If I can’t use it to buy a hamburger at McDonalds it's not real money !

Potato

Neophyte
If I can’t use it to buy a hamburger at McDonalds it's not real money !
Give it a year.. and actually google it, there are a few that accept bitcoins currently... and a bunch of other restaurants/bars that do... People are catching on, it's an extremely low cost way to increase revenue.. Bitcoin nerds LOVE to spend their bitcoins.

HighIntentions

Neophyte
Imagination is endless when it comes to btc, the reason I enjoy it so much.

Yes, you can buy most foods with btc. Just set up coinbase account, so you have an active wallet for sending and receiving btc.

Make prepaid card with btc, and there you have it.

Hamburger from good ole McDonalds.

I thread i started about this has a comment from Shane, stating he's not interested in Crypto, seems a little nearsighted, but it's his place to do as he pleases.

It' wouldn't really hurt any of the fiat currency donaters, and might get some donations from non-donaters (me), most of the cons Bromista sated have been posted in forums about crypto's since the beginning, it's like he googled the negatives and copy pasted them here, with little thought into them at all.

Shane could have it set up in a couple of hours no problem, but there are still questions about vague laws, that I think he is afraid of, and little understanding in the crypto arena can definately cause people to fear things.

I got on board when BTC was $45, so it's current value is pretty high, and seems like a good value still.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I thread i started about this has a comment from Shane, stating he's not interested in Crypto, seems a little nearsighted, but it's his place to do as he pleases.

It' wouldn't really hurt any of the fiat currency donaters, and might get some donations from non-donaters (me), most of the cons Bromista sated have been posted in forums about crypto's since the beginning, it's like he googled the negatives and copy pasted them here, with little thought into them at all.

Shane could have it set up in a couple of hours no problem, but there are still questions about vague laws, that I think he is afraid of, and little understanding in the crypto arena can definately cause people to fear things.

I got on board when BTC was $45, so it's current value is pretty high, and seems like a good value still.
Negative. It's called having an imagination.

Potato

Neophyte

IRS direction has been provided for bitcoin. There is much less gray area, and as you can see large US retailers are jumping on now that the greenlight has been provided. If they choose to convert straight to USD they assume absolutely no risk and do not have to report the BTC transactions (coinbase or bitpay does). It's the same as accepting cash except less fees and no chargebacks.

Plus I among others will donate much more if this option is provided. I'm pretty sure Shane is reasonable enough to see this is a win-win for the shard and bitcoin enthusiasts alike.

S

Shane

Pretty simply this won't happen.
I don't trust bitcoin, and they've gotten a ton of bad publicity lately as well. Early adapters of bit coin apparrently had it best, however from what i "hear" obtaining bitcoin right now is pretty pointless and people are hoarding it like an investment instead of a currency. Also the fact that people are trying to find any means at all to get rid of it is a pretty big red flag.

Sell your bitcoins, then donate through paypal - Problem solved.