Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Dexxer's own mages, ask anyone who PvP's and uses pots.. you keep saying mages do 80 damage in 1.5-2.0 seconds, reality is, by the time we can cast a follow up, the dexxer has chugged STR and DEX pots, started a bandage, chugged a heal, ran off the screen and have come back to the mage fully healed, and the mage with no mana..

Good mages beat poor dexxers sure, but good mages rarely beat good dexxers...

For the record, I don't think mages should win 1v1 vs a dexxer but they shouldn't get steamrolled either..

Young Star

Grandmaster
i dont see why people think 10s bandages are too fast. yeah you can get them down to 8s potting to 120 until you get clumsied and you'll be a mindblast magnet.

Deimos

Adept
" New Dexxer's own mages, ask anyone who PvP's and uses pots.. you keep saying mages do 80 damage in 1.5-2.0 seconds, reality is, by the time we can cast a follow up, the dexxer has chugged STR and DEX pots, started a bandage, chugged a heal, ran off the screen and have come back to the mage fully healed, and the mage with no mana.."

heeeeyyy it is your reality not my!

here my reality !!!!

my favorite situation in uo(arena) - have 86 hp(without str potion and after debuff), heal potion on CD(because he damage me with exp pot) bandage just starting. (vs good mages it is ALL TIME happen)
and mage just spam mega combo damage :D ( remember mage deal CRAZY damage) he can just fuck u in 2 sec
my bandages come after this crazy combo :( after he rip around 100+ hp, and after this crazy damage bandage not heal me around 40 hp :(
hard to counter this :( bandage it is my far dream,it is only ONE HOPE to get little bit heal

summing up the results of the fighting in the arena
duel dexxer vs mage looks like:

dexxers trying deal damage and trying to heal,but mage just easy deal damage,wanna free damage? play on mage!
at first mage TOTTALY DOMINATED and VERY,VERY hard stay alive !!!after mage rip mana he can come back to fight, just spam miniheal and trying blow dexxer with his exp potion

Xiulan

Master
I agree to make it factions only if pvmers really can't adapt to a standard UO bandage timer...tell me ONE free uo server that has a bandage timer this short or on osi, ill wait.

I don't care what OSI or other servers have and don't see how that's even relevant to the conversation. Some of us choose to play on UOF because we like the mechanics here. Why should UOF turn itself into OSI or H y b r i d or whatever this handful of perpetually disaffected pvpers supposedly prefer, when the vast majority clearly likes it the way it is?

Well with 200 points in anatomy and healing, waiting almost 9 seconds for a heal is excruciating! For me this is slow enough as it is for pvm.

Yep. That's a lot of skill points to devote to something that won't even keep you alive. Not to mention making yourself mindblast bait if you actually have 100 dex.

but thats what they want because their world is ending when a noob with bandages escapes.

That really is what it comes down to. Eppy has actually made comments to that effect so I know he knows what's up -- not sure how he got talked into implementing another bad change that benefits the few at the expense of the many.

account51

Master
I can't get anyone to confirm, but I feel success rates have been tweaked recently for healing already. I've failed on res quite a bit, and even failed on healing, even though I'm at GM. Also, I've noticed more fails on provoke than normal.

What would the timer for heals be then, 15 seconds? Doesn't dexterity effect speed? I made a suggestion years ago to have harm increase damage on proximity, it would help with a dexxer v. mage balance. I would support that more than the timer increase.

parsnip

Grandmaster
I had a run around on test PvMing a little and it wasn't too bad. Takes some getting used to but for tight PvM situations where you desperately need a heal I think the other 3 changes will prove to be useful.
  • poison no longer extends the length of the bandage
  • disrupts no longer reduce the amount healed
  • a small increase was given to heal amount, to offset the longer bandages.
An extra 2 seconds for more healed and a decreased chance to get that horror "bandages barely help" message? Yea, I'm ok with that change.

Please do go try it out on test center before you vote!

account51

Master
I feel like its fairly rare to get a 1v1 anymore and all examples pertain to that scenario. It seems like this is a change desired where someone always gets away from the group battle and can't be killed and some want to stop that. However, it will most likely hurt people more who are not pvping, and are confronted with a 4v1 in a dungeon from PKs. I think the server needs to focus on how to keep the most people here.

girana

Grandmaster
@Shane @eppy

this thread shows very very good why all balance changes to make it harder to escape should be militita only.

for the avg player its nearly impossible to beat a Mage while playing a Dexer.
while for the better play its nearly impossible to beat a Dexer while playing a Mage.

Its impossible to find a balance between the avg player with 5 hotkeys and the nerd on sallos with 30+.

the best way is the make changes to cater one side while not effecting the other side:

Olds wands back just make them only useable in nocutzones and guardzones.
Bandages +2sec only for player in Militias.
Players in Milititas get 1.5 sec longer stunned.
Add mount fatige to Militia.
Make it impossible to leave your Guild while beeing in Militita.
Make it only possible to join Militita while INSIDE Valhalla.
Make Guild TAG always SHOWN while in Militita.
ADD Evil/Hero Tracking to Militita.

cups

Grandmaster
This is a boost to healing in PvM honestly. Think about it..

• Bandages are two seconds longer but they heal more damage.
• Damage interrupts no longer reduce the amount healed.
• Poison no longer increases the length of your bandage timer.

These changes are not a nerf to healing they are a buff. The only people who are "nerfed" by this are dexxers fighting mages. With the nerf to mage PvP through wands and horns I think dexxers are getting off easy.

TyroneG

Master
This whole thread is misleading. Again, along with the slight increase in bandage time comes several buffs.

Bandages heal for slightly more overall, less of a penalty for bandage slips, and poison no longer increases bandage length.

I understand that this server is geared more towards PVM and that PVP isn't the be-all end-all of this servers success, but I feel like you at least need a healthy and somewhat balanced PVP scene to be successful. Bandages being as fast as they are now is simply unheard of on any serious UOR style server. This isn't just a disparity of a few seconds either - some take considerably longer. Comparing mechanics across servers, this server actually has more in place supporting the idea that it should have much longer bandage times. Take for instance H y b r i d. Not only does it have stun that gets triggered much more often and lasts a full 4 seconds, but they also have explo pots that deal slightly more damage, and more effective wands that anyone can use. The bandages in relation to UOF take at least an extra 2 seconds to apply comparatively. Dexxers are just as prevalent over there as they are here and compete just fine. I realize that this server isn't trying to clone any other server and that you can't really compare apples to oranges with the differences in both servers, but from simply a PVP balance point of view it simply makes no sense to have bandages as fast as they are here. If bandage length is such an issue with PVM there are plenty of things you can do to remedy that situation without having insanely fast bandages.

Have the cry babies here seen how fast small heal can be casted with no recovery?

I think mini heal recovery time should be back as before . Its too fast now and kinda OP !

Agree ?
Opinions on that ?

@eppy

I agree completely and have mentioned that the next spell recovery is a lot faster than it should be on several different posts. It's not just mini heal, it's just more noticeable with mini heal spam.

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
These changes are not a nerf to healing they are a buff. The only people who are "nerfed" by this are dexxers fighting mages. With the nerf to mage PvP through wands and horns I think dexxers are getting off easy.

its only a buff for good players who know when to offscreen for the rest is a huge nerf.

Xiulan

Master
Cups, take your toxicity elsewhere. Girana actually has better insights about pvp than most pvpers because he's more objective and considers the shard population as a whole.

cups

Grandmaster
I provided my insight. Unfortunately you don't agree with what I have to say so you don't think it's a valid opinion. Also, my toxicity? I barely hear a peep from you in discord or on the forums unless it is something negative so please don't be a hypocrite. Maybe we should both work on being less negative.