Poll: Slower bandages

Slower bandages, bad or good?

• Total voters

RipGrip

Neophyte
Cry more you don't pvp isn't insight. What do you think about the bandage timer cups? Thinking it should be changed? Remain the same ? What would you vote?

cups

Grandmaster
You already read my post regarding my thoughts on the changes, RipGrip. You even liked it. Maybe you forgot it was mine?

RipGrip

Neophyte
I missed your post cups ! I liked it to let you know I had seen it. Thanks for the input brother . new to the fourms .

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
I don't care what OSI or other servers have and don't see how that's even relevant to the conversation. Some of us choose to play on UOF because we like the mechanics here. Why should UOF turn itself into OSI or H y b r i d or whatever this handful of perpetually disaffected pvpers supposedly prefer, when the vast majority clearly likes it the way it is?

It needs to be fixed because how op it is in pvp and pvm. You shouldn't be able to sit there semiafk facetanking mobs as dexxers, not even staff likes the way it is, the only reason why it hasn't been changed is because the overload of trammy tears that come with it. It's really easy to adapt you just gotta be a little more aware and kite the mobs more. With slayer ar, talismans, etc this really should be a nonissue. I can't remember that last time I died on a pvm char to mobs. I get your a newer player Xiu but I promise its really not a big difference, plus I know you like working talismans. Try adding some slayer ar to the mix! its op!

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
yes yes troll post 100% sure!
show me how you killing really good mage on 1h sword, and say me how was easy

dexxxerz soooo good but 90% pvpers play on mages :D

log on your mage, ill get on a dexxer that I haven't played in 6+ months n I'll still put in that work, jimbo.

ps you logged onto uof lately? its a dexxer's paradise

pps

id add a heli or flube video but 2lazy. You get the point.

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
It needs to be fixed because how op it is in pvp and pvm. You shouldn't be able to sit there semiafk facetanking mobs as dexxers, not even staff likes the way it is, the only reason why it hasn't been changed is because the overload of trammy tears that come with it. It's really easy to adapt you just gotta be a little more aware and kite the mobs more. With slayer ar, talismans, etc this really should be a nonissue. I can't remember that last time I died on a pvm char to mobs. I get your a newer player Xiu but I promise its really not a big difference, plus I know you like working talismans. Try adding some slayer ar to the mix! its op!

how its op when its easy to kill 99% of all dexers in pvp ?

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
how its op when its easy to kill 99% of all dexers in pvp ?

Going by your logic girana, it's easy to kill 99% of all mages in PvP as well. The reality is players who don't PvP are going to be easy to kill regardless, they don't understand the fundamentals of off-screening, when to engage, when to kite. You can't balance a PvP system on players who don't PvP, and while you often say you can't balance a PvP system at all, we can get to a point where the people who do PvP, agree it's a system that works for UOF.

OMG that lumberjack....

Last edited:

girana

Grandmaster
Going by your logic girana, it's easy to kill 99% of all mages in PvP as well. The reality is players who don't PvP are going to be easy to kill regardless, they don't understand the fundamentals of off-screening, when to engage, when to kite. You can't balance a PvP system on players who don't PvP, and while you often say you can't balance a PvP system at all, we can get to a point where the people who do PvP, agree it's a system that works for UOF.

just keep the stuff the ppl who pvp agree about inside the system where they pvp so it dont fuck the rest.

girana

Grandmaster
You've said yourself, the only PvP is blue vs red, so why would you fix it in consensual PvP only, instead of fixing it everywhere, where it is needed? Red dexxer PK's are in a serious abundance right now, there's a reason for it..

solo red dexer arent pvp thats griefing.

and these change would make it just more easy to pk for these red dexer

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
You've said yourself, the only PvP is blue vs red, so why would you fix it in consensual PvP only, instead of fixing it everywhere, where it is needed? Red dexxer PK's are in a serious abundance right now, there's a reason for it..

this is facts.

Militias atm are a flop(i mean 0 offense to staff and I speak for the majority of players on this). There is little to no consensual pvp atm, no militia tracking, the militia fights feel awkward, you can be in a guild but not in the militia part of it, wands are very clunky, etc.

Current militia system forces pvpers onto reds and into dungeons because there is 0 consensual pvp, this is not good for the uof pvmers

Last edited:

Lexington

Grandmaster
The problem with making the bandage timer even slower is you're essentially taking away the pure dexer template all together. You're forcing everyone to roll with magery.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
The problem with making the bandage timer even slower is you're essentially taking away the pure dexer template all together. You're forcing everyone to roll with magery.

that's not true at all. Kiting has and always been an essential part of pvm on UO, uof was the first server I played and said wow pvm is easy af here(even before talisman) not sure why every pvmer thinks you should be able to facetank lvl5+ mobs while just running a bandage self/cure macro.

While training my defense tali- id recall into fire temple, tab out, run heal/cure macro, check back and deamons were dead, char full health and my loot bags full. That's NOT how pvm should be. It should be somewhat challenging.

ps you give the blues ability to use wands you can gheal+miniheal yourself vs mobs or reds.

Lexington

Grandmaster
that's not true at all. Kiting has and always been an essential part of pvm on UO, uof was the first server I played and said wow pvm is easy af here(even before talisman) not sure why every pvmer thinks you should be able to facetank lvl5+ mobs while just running a bandage self/cure macro.

While training my defense tali- id recall into fire temple, tab out, run heal/cure macro, check back and deamons were dead, char full health and my loot bags full. That's NOT how pvm should be. It should be somewhat challenging.

ps you give the blues ability to use wands you can gheal+miniheal yourself vs mobs or reds.

Sorry I didn't read any of the responses... assumed this thread was PVP related... that's why I responded the way I did.

Young Star

Grandmaster
These bandage times have been in place for over 3 years. Why has it become such an issue in the last few months? The armor nerfs have been in place for around 1.5-2years. There has been tons of pvp if all kinds in time and yeah some have grumbled about it off and on but they have been squeaking that wheel ear piercingly loud in the last few months.

Abiding Dude

Journeyman
These bandage times have been in place for over 3 years. Why has it become such an issue in the last few months? The armor nerfs have been in place for around 1.5-2years. There has been tons of pvp if all kinds in time and yeah some have grumbled about it off and on but they have been squeaking that wheel ear piercingly loud in the last few months.

Staff made a mistake with the bandage timer formula and that's okay because they are making moves to fix it. I seriously doubt we would see a drop in players if the bandaid change went in, with any change you gotta adapt. We have been squeaking that wheel for years and now it's more than the bandage timer that makes dexxers op, its the combination of factors that I stated previously in this post(see page 1) that make them op. People want to see some balance for dexxers in the field and they are 100% right. The bandage change will breathe fresh air into consensual pvp, red dungeon dexxers will be more manageable to fight against and if staff really feels its in the wrong direction they can revert the change.

I assure you it won't hurt you in PvM. Adapt, embrace the kite lyfe,carry a few more heal pots and wear more slayer ar while riding a swampy(-20% dmg from mobs). I know that def tali has to be damn near lvl 10 ;)

Last edited: