Portable UO?

AlyM

Grandmaster
Okay so, I just got this really awesome, really high paying job, where I sit around and do nothing for a long amount of time.
I have my own desk and my own computer. The guys said I could install stuff as I wanted, but they have to put the password in.
I have a feeling they won't want me to install games though... So I want to do a portable version of the game.
I'm pretty nifty with stuff, but I would like some help.
Has anyone done it before and can help me out with some portableness?
Client as well as assistant?
It's not like I'm going to be doing much, I just want to be able to run the client and be able to..
A. Check & stock vendors
B. Fish
C. Organize houses
and
D. Design houses.

Nothing huge - and honestly, B is the only one that would require a macro, so if it can work with a macro-less client (like Sallos), I'd be pleased as well.

Additional information: I have not looked much into the computer config, so I don't know what things we have installed or not.. I know it's windows 7 because that's blatantly obvious. Today I'll look into the .NET & such.

Also: If you don't know. Don't reply.
Do not reply with "That's not possible" because if you know half a thing about computers- anything is possible. It may require some coding changes, which may also be illegal, but its POSSIBLE.
Thankies <3

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
UO is playable as is on the Surface , and actually runs surprisingly well .
as long as you have good wifi

lollo

Grandmaster
UO is playable as is on the Surface , and actually runs surprisingly well .
as long as you have good wifi

And how are you playing it with a touch interface?

I mean, if i have to use a Surface, a mouse and a keyboard I might as well buy a small laptop capable of running UO for half the price.

halygon

Grandmaster
And how are you playing it with a touch interface?

I mean, if i have to use a Surface, a mouse and a keyboard I might as well buy a small laptop capable of running UO for half the price.
You buy the tactile keyboard cover and just use a wireless mouse. Pretty compact.

lollo

Grandmaster
You buy the tactile keyboard cover and just use a wireless mouse. Pretty compact.

Still not much more compact than one of those mini laptops. I Run uo both in my 15" MacBook Pro and 11" MacBook Air and the latter runs uo better than a surface for sure while being almost as compact and not requiring a separate keyboard + mouse. Sure, it's pretty expensive but so is a surface and there are many "mini" laptops or however they're called that cost only a few hundred $.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Still not much more compact than one of those mini laptops. I Run uo both in my 15" MacBook Pro and 11" MacBook Air and the latter runs uo better than a surface for sure while being almost as compact and not requiring a separate keyboard + mouse. Sure, it's pretty expensive but so is a surface and there are many "mini" laptops or however they're called that cost only a few hundred $.
I imagine the surface pro3 mops the floor with any mac. Too bad its too rich for my blood.

Winters

Journeyman
Ive run uo on the surface pro 2 and 3 and it def runs great. I highly recommend it.

Also, you cant run uo on the RT that I know of, its running a dumbed down version of windows.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Sorry, I didn't mean like an app on a tablet. I've already tried that. Not worth it on a touch-device.
I meant like on a flash drive, multiple computers.

Hanebu

Master
If you use UO steam it is possible without installation.
Thats the way Im doing it all the time.
Install UOSteam and UO on any PC. Copy the files to the new one and run Steam.

Don Key

Master
Like this?
redneck-1.jpg

halygon

Grandmaster
They keyboard is not separat. IT is the dust cover that flops down over the screen when carrying it. IT has a touch pad if you want to use that, but whether you use the surface pro or mac book pro (btw the surface 3 pro is the mac book air killer by design), you probably still want to have a wireless mouse with either (although not required).

Alas

Adept
Have you tried setting up a remote connection.
If you can connect to your home computer, you can run its programs and play almost as if you are there.
I have yet to try this, I only suggest it, because I do it the other way around. I remote from home and use all the programs I have installed on my work computer. It works a little slower than sitting at the computer with programs, but still works.