Portable UO?

AlyM

Grandmaster
Have you tried setting up a remote connection.
If you can connect to your home computer, you can run its programs and play almost as if you are there.
I have yet to try this, I only suggest it, because I do it the other way around. I remote from home and use all the programs I have installed on my work computer. It works a little slower than sitting at the computer with programs, but still works.
Yes - I am doing that now. However, I would prefer to use it from this computer. If it is not possible then it will be fine simply remoting in.

Megaman

Neophyte
Okay so, I just got this really awesome, really high paying job, where I sit around and do nothing for a long amount of time.
I have my own desk and my own computer. The guys said I could install stuff as I wanted, but they have to put the password in.
I have a feeling they won't want me to install games though... So I want to do a portable version of the game.
I'm pretty nifty with stuff, but I would like some help.
Has anyone done it before and can help me out with some portableness?
Client as well as assistant?
It's not like I'm going to be doing much, I just want to be able to run the client and be able to..
A. Check & stock vendors
B. Fish
C. Organize houses
and
D. Design houses.

Nothing huge - and honestly, B is the only one that would require a macro, so if it can work with a macro-less client (like Sallos), I'd be pleased as well.

Additional information: I have not looked much into the computer config, so I don't know what things we have installed or not.. I know it's windows 7 because that's blatantly obvious. Today I'll look into the .NET & such.

Also: If you don't know. Don't reply.
Do not reply with "That's not possible" because if you know half a thing about computers- anything is possible. It may require some coding changes, which may also be illegal, but its POSSIBLE.
Thankies <3
What is this high paying job? I'm curious!

AlyM

Grandmaster
Yeah try copy and paste of the UO and UOsteam folders, should work
Thanks - Will try.
dude just buy a 200$ laptop from walmart remember this game is from the 90's runs on almost anything! I play on a laptop np
Can't- Gotta save money to fly to IL this winter and pay rent eventually. Also have to buy a new car / fix the brakes on my current one until I can buy a new car, etc etc. No money to spare.
I feel like putting a hashtag-college-life here.

What is this high paying job? I'm curious!
Tech support.
LMAO.
Basically - I work for an internet company. If someone calls in, I route their call unless I can help them myself, which is basic fixing (restarting shit, telling them to unplug this, etc..) and I write up tickets when I can't fix their stuff. Then they send a field tech out.
I also have a couple of daily reports to do.
I love it.

Megaman

Neophyte
Thanks - Will try.

Can't- Gotta save money to fly to IL this winter and pay rent eventually. Also have to buy a new car / fix the brakes on my current one until I can buy a new car, etc etc. No money to spare.
I feel like putting a hashtag-college-life here.

Tech support.
LMAO.
Basically - I work for an internet company. If someone calls in, I route their call unless I can help them myself, which is basic fixing (restarting shit, telling them to unplug this, etc..) and I write up tickets when I can't fix their stuff. Then they send a field tech out.
I also have a couple of daily reports to do.
I love it.
Once again curious, you said its high paying, where do you work?
Like the company or state?

AlyM

Grandmaster
Once again curious, you said its high paying, where do you work?
Like the company or state?
Oh its a regional place in Louisiana.
Outside of Louisiana, you've never heard of it. And its high paying for a college kid simply answering phones. I'm paid 15$ an hour at my second job, photoshop, and 9$ here until I'm trained, then 12$