Probably quitting, best way to give everything away?

Zizmuffin

Adept
I hardly ever play anymore, and when I do, I find no enjoyment in it. I fibally got my broke ass meta to 7, and now I find I have nothing else I care to work towards.

In terms of net worth, I'm not worth all the much. I do have a max dragon and steed, but I don't horde rares or anything like that.

I've considered liquidating everything and just handing out 10-15 3m checks, but that just seems lame.

What should I consider to make this fun?

SirLothar

Grandmaster
Always sad to see such posts and I'll start off with the usual "don't give everything away", you'll be back at some point one way or another. There's already so much loot going out there via idocs anyway.
Also why not consider the rest of the content, talismans, militias etc? You're a vet from your forum date, have you not tried them out yet? Consider even changing guilds, I know that can be very tough but maybe you need a fresh start.

Mr Yuk

Journeyman
Pick a night and put everything into your house and drop it. Let the battle rage.

Now on to what you should do. Give any houses away, put everything you can in the bank, and hang onto it. Just when you think you have had it with the game take a break. You will play other games only to find yourself missing UO. It happen to me . Left to play WOW years ago and found myself missing UO. Where else can you grief other player? You just can't be an ass on any other game like you can in UO.

Hmmm maybe this is why WERKT won't let me back in the guild.. NAH I'm a hell of a guy

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
I would recommend keeping your pets in the stable and NOT giving them away because if you ever decide to come back, you have a way to get started again. Also, Shane did mention that he plans on bringing a new meta(s) in the future, so if you are interested, you would have a way to get established again and a way to earn money to obtain the meta. It doesn't hurt keeping the pets in the stable. As for the other items, I would just liquidate what you don't entirely need, even at a discounted price, so that way, upon your return, you will not be completely at the bottom again. As for the items you might need, stash them in the bank and even fill up blue beetles. If you never decide to come back, then that just eliminates more items from the server, which can be a good thing and would be better than just giving your items away. Plus, with you knowing you have items "stashed", you might be drawn to the server again.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
I have done this so many times throughout uo. Its good if you really really dont want to ever play again.

But when you get that itch and then think of all the grinding you did and how its all gone. It really makes it tough to even want to dabble again. And the itch remains unscratched.

What i am currently feeling.

Rip months of motm farming.

Zizmuffin

Adept
Believe me, I understand and have considered everything that has been brought up so far. I guess there's a few things I should tell you about myself which will help you understand why I'm leaving.

I am the furthest thing from a people person. I try and be nice to everyone, but it stops there. I have no interest in for ming friendships with anyone, and as a result of that, I am not in a guild nor do I ever plan on being in one. As you can imagine, the content available to you when you play an MMO in single player mode is very limited. It's borderline impossible for me to participate in RDA's or champ spawns, and I've found at my advanced age that I've turned into a trammie with no interest in pvp.

Of course, none of that is anyone's fault and I'm not complaining at all, it's just the way it is.

I have everything I set out to get years ago, and money sitting in the bank with nothing I care to buy. There is no reason to play.

Honestly, the staff here deserves a huge round of applause. The unique events and items that they have added has probably kept me around years longer than I had planned. It's just time to go.

girana

Grandmaster
if you want to piss everyone off = give it to me or anyone else from $ guild

else just sell the big items and split the gold over the RP guilds

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Give it to money guild =laugh
But donating to guilds like companions orcs and trinsic actually sounds respectable.

Bromista

Grandmaster
^ gollum-like creature detected, lol girana

Lately I have maybe logged about 2 hours a week last couple weeks, but I know I'll be back in full form sooner or later. If you know you won't and you're done for good, mad props for doing what I could probably never do.

Happy trails, man.

P.s. trash barrel. What you have worked for is yours and no one else's. I've engaged in some philanthropy over the years here but what I have built is going to the grave with me if I ever quit.

Dulcinea

Grandmaster
P.s. trash barrel. What you have worked for is yours and no one else's. I've engaged in some philanthropy over the years here but what I have built is going to the grave with me if I ever quit.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this, plus, we need to eliminate items from the server and this would help, rather than give it away because look at all the people that will pop out of the woodworks asking for it. Although, I still think my idea is the best, just "stash" it. It would be a win-win situation.

I play alone majority of the time, I get it. Ask Trin, I been with the guild for years and I am anti-social... I very rarely contribute to anything, which is partial to real life circumstances, but it is true. It is hard to do these tasks when playing alone. I even mentioned that to Shane in Discord because you spend all that time doing a task, to get nothing, besides a beat down and lose your stuff. However, in the end, you do what is right for you and makes you happy. We all can only give our opinions and views.

Zog'orium

Grandmaster
Keep the meta, gold and steed. Maybe fill you house with assorted other junks and stuff and have a house dropping party with a gate from the bank! Go out with a bang. Maybe ask @Jakaro how to do it properly HAR!

Redborn

Being someone who has left UOF for a few years and returned I would recommend banking some stuff in case you do return. As for the rest of your loot, I say put it in your house and let your house decay. Donate your hard earned items by letting it become random loot. It is great to see the posts from newbies about fancy rares found on little monsters. :)
PS: I have a normal horse in the stables that cost me almost 23k to get him out that I stabled back in 2014ish it think. Lol

Zizmuffin

Adept
I would like to thank everyone who has sent me messages wishing me well, it is much appreciated.

I've also received several messages asking for my steed. Respectfully, I'm not just going to give it away to some random guy without giving others a chance at it. I understand how nice it is, that's why I have it. I know it will make your life easier, that 's why I bought one.

I had a thought on the way home from work, and it's more a question for @Shane. Would it be possible to turn this into a raffle? I can gather everything up I'm willing to get rid of and put it in my house, and have the raffle be for the house. If it were up to me, I'd limit it to 3-5 tickets per person so the usual suspects can't just corner the market, but that's up to you if you decide to allow it.

^ gollum-like creature detected, lol girana

Lately I have maybe logged about 2 hours a week last couple weeks, but I know I'll be back in full form sooner or later. If you know you won't and you're done for good, mad props for doing what I could probably never do.

Happy trails, man.

P.s. trash barrel. What you have worked for is yours and no one else's. I've engaged in some philanthropy over the years here but what I have built is going to the grave with me if I ever quit.

I probably wouldn't consider doing what I'm doing if I had a kingdom of wealth. My net worth is not much when you stack it against some of the heavy hitters. Literally 90% of my value is tied up on my tamer. The other 10% is my 17x18 and just some knick knacks I've gathered through the years.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
well, obviously it sucks to see people leave. ive "quit" twice since server start up, and i play exactly the same way u do..but much less successful lol. because of my schedule and family it's tough for me to be with a guild and be active and helpful with them. i literally can only play when i can...

with that being said, hope u stick around. always sucks to see people leave.. especially veterans.

let me know what u end up doing..maybe i can try to participate