Problems with proper gold displaying in bank

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I have about 93k in my bank, but whenever I break it up into checks or into gold stacks, the amount keeps changing. Like for example if I double click the check with 93k it will break up into a 60k stack and and 15k stack. And that's it. But if I say "check 93000" I get the full check amount. And sometimes when I double click the check, it just disappears and displays no gold stacks, but I can make a new check again if I say "check 93000". I chalked it up to server lag yesterday, but it's doing the same thing today.

Anyone?

SidX

Grandmaster
Same with ingots, woods etc. You can only have 60k in a stack. 600k = 10 stacks.
I think the problem is that when he cashes a check for 93k, for example, only two stacks are created-- 60k and 15k. That only totals 75k, while the remaining 18k is sent to the "deposit" system for some reason. The remaining 18k that was sent to "deposit" is available for withdrawal and check creation but does not appear as gold in his bank. If you cash a check for 93k, and there is sufficient space in the bank box for two additional items, two gold piles should be created-- one for 60k, one for 33k. But it looks like while it is creating the first 60k pile properly, the second pile gets sliced and only half of it turns into gold.. the rest goes to deposit.

I've noticed this same issue before and didn't really give it much thought, but maybe it is a bug?

Fotsvett

Neophyte
I think the problem is that when he cashes a check for 93k, for example, only two stacks are created-- 60k and 15k. That only totals 75k, while the remaining 18k is sent to the "deposit" system for some reason. The remaining 18k that was sent to "deposit" is available for withdrawal and check creation but does not appear as gold in his bank. If you cash a check for 93k, and there is sufficient space in the bank box for two additional items, two gold piles should be created-- one for 60k, one for 33k. But it looks like while it is creating the first 60k pile properly, the second pile gets sliced and only half of it turns into gold.. the rest goes to deposit.

I've noticed this same issue before and didn't really give it much thought, but maybe it is a bug?

Ahh, I missunderstood it, was Reading it a Little bit to fast :)

In that case, that problem or bug I havent been out for yet.

What happens if you ask for "Balance" ? Will it say the correct amount of gold or will it say amount actually showed in the bank?

SidX

Grandmaster
Ahh, I missunderstood it, was Reading it a Little bit to fast :)

In that case, that problem or bug I havent been out for yet.

What happens if you ask for "Balance" ? Will it say the correct amount of gold or will it say amount actually showed in the bank?
In my experience the correct amount always shows when I say "balance". It seems like there is just some issue with cashing a check and having part of the gold automatically go to Deposit. I could imagine new players would be turned off by this if they don't know about the Deposit feature-- I never knew about that until I joined UOF so I was completely at a loss until someone pointed it out.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
What is the deposit feature? And yes, for the record, 'balance' still did give the total 93k value even though the mouse-over was only showing a combined total of maybe 70-75k.

SidX

Grandmaster
What is the deposit feature? And yes, for the record, 'balance' still did give the total 93k value even though the mouse-over was only showing a combined total of maybe 70-75k.
If you have gold coins in your bank taking up space (i.e. if you have like 6mil in coins, it would take a ton of your storage), you can say "deposit" at the bank and all of your gold then goes into "Deposit". When you do this, your gold coins physically go away and the space in your bank is freed up, but if you say "balance" you'll notice the funds are all still all available to you. It's like virtual gold instead of having all of the coin stacks. From this "deposit" amount you can still write checks and purchase from NPCs. The only annoying part is if you go to place a house or join a poker table, if all of your gold is in Deposit the house tool / poker dealer will think your balance is 0.

You won't lose gold from using Deposit, it basically just kind of "hides" all of your money but makes it still accessible to you. To get around the house placement tool or poker dealer issue thinking your balance is 0, just write yourself a check and cash it back into gold coins and you'll be set.

Hope that makes sense!!