Promoting healthy and fun PvP

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You realize we are destroying the CoM zerg even with their tactics -- its not like we are losing or getting destroyed so we are asking for game mechanic changes. We are asking that PVP mechanics be improved here so that PVP, particularly faction PVP, isnt one big run fest.

To quote chad:

4. Bolas - There has been talk about these as of late, but I want to stress their importance. I personally think they should be usable by anyone and on anyone, not just limited to faction members. Applying different rules for players whether they're hardcore PvPers(factions) or just dabble, seems counter productive in breeding a fun PvP environment. Their impact in PvP is not a slight one. They're a very powerful tool, but a necessary one to force conflict. Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic. To inhibit their strength some, they should be limited to players who have 100 tactics + 100 weapon skill. It brings a new variety to group fights by allowing only tank mages and dexers to use them. Dexers are currently useless in fights greater than 4v4. Allowing them the ability to create chaos by bolaing and focusing down mounts gives them a unique and viable role.

Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic -- is that your idea of FUN and HEALTHY pvp?

Venomane

Master
sorry all i read was "we paid you 5mil to help us do champs because we cant defend ourselves, and now we cant do champs because we cant defend ourselves and eqms wont protect us
anymore. this is why im upset"

Obviously you're still mad about us dropping you guys like a bad coke habit (unlike Glutt).
Btw we run champs all the time! I love how you make this shit up just to talk.

Our focus:

1. IDOCs
2. Factions
3. Champ Spawns / RDAs
4. random field PVP

#1 and #2 have been keeping us away from #3

p.s.

yes, they paid 5mil

You guy couldn't even get the idoc in yew yesterday when that's your focus? I know we statted a few of your guys, sorry if numbers are down.

Factions are a bit pointless here so I dont blame you -- sigil bonuses are pretty much worthless again and the one reason to have sigils, war horses so you dont get bolad, provide no benefit until faction bolas are implemented.

Is this because CoM is ganking you guys left and right? I mean I get the pet sigil but really?

Excuses. Their like assholes. Sorry you guys are still mad about us dropping you two weeks ago. Your wounds will heal eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DalMichaelLas

Grandmaster
Nah that's understandable I dont blame you on that part, and you're right. A lot of people seem to like pvping at brit bridge. I'm just not one of those people. I'd rather raid spawns personally. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
A lot of people like having the open area to run in and not having to worry about fighting around spawn.
You realize we are destroying the CoM zerg even with their tactics -- its not like we are losing or getting destroyed so we are asking for game mechanic changes. We are asking that PVP mechanics be improved here so that PVP, particularly faction PVP, isnt one big run fest.

To quote chad:

Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic -- is that your idea of FUN and HEALTHY pvp?
couldnt agree mos

Messremb

Grandmaster
A lot of people like having the open area to run in and not having to worry about fighting around spawn.

couldnt agree mos
cutoff runes, learn to chase, use stun, hell even para spam

all can be used to stop people from running away, cant compete with how it was, you wont be able to compete when they change it.

Still waiting on the 1v1 Glut, shut my logic (i know how dare i use that regarding PVP) up

NC-17

Grandmaster
This server has a thriving PvE scene, but the PvP is abhorrent. However, I've seen the dedication and talent the staff have here and I'm confident with some healthy discussion and suggestion, it can be made great. These suggestions are what I would consider a jump in the proper direction.

1. Looting - this server is based on an era in which full loot was a selling point. You die, you lose everything. You kill someone and their shit is now your shit. On paper, that's fucking awesome. The reality of the situation though, is that you kill someone, and they have 176 potions on their corpse and unless you have autism, you're not picking it up. There isn't a single person who wants to spend 5 minutes looting every single thing off a corpse, then dragging it back to their lair to spend another 15 minutes carefully pouring each potion into a keg. MAKE POTIONS TRULY STACKABLE. You're not going to lose out on donations, or whatever. Butlers will still be convenience items. Just please, do this.

2. Spell damage - Yes, again, we're still trying to get this right. Great headway has been made with explosion and e-bolt, which are the bread and butter of group PvP, but there is more work to be done.
  • Magic arrow - This spell is so worthless, I only use spellbooks with 63 spells in them so that I can avoid accidentally using my macro for it. 1 damage on resist and 2-5 on non-resists is completely unacceptable. This spell is an integral part of 1v1 in this era. It's what I would refer to as a filler spell. It needs to do significant enough damage to prime yourself for a burst combo, ie; stun into ebolt/pot combo. But it can't be so hefty, that a solid defense can't heal through it. 5 minimum to 12 max would probably be a good start.
  • Harm - This spell isn't terrible, but it is inconsistent. I'm guessing the resist rate is something like 50% because it's a 5, then a 15, then a 5, then a 15. Rather than decrease how often it is resisted, I would suggest increasing the minimum damage when resisted to something like 8.
3. Explosion potions - Exp pot is 18-22 for mages with alchemy and 22-26 for dexers with alchemy. There's absolutely no kill potential as a mage against any decent player in a 1v1 scenario. Potion damage simply needs to be upped. I think a good starting point, would be to bring mages up to par with dexers at 22-26 (12-16 without alchemy)

4. Bolas - There has been talk about these as of late, but I want to stress their importance. I personally think they should be usable by anyone and on anyone, not just limited to faction members. Applying different rules for players whether they're hardcore PvPers(factions) or just dabble, seems counter productive in breeding a fun PvP environment. Their impact in PvP is not a slight one. They're a very powerful tool, but a necessary one to force conflict. Running until the person pursuing gets bored should not be a viable tactic. To inhibit their strength some, they should be limited to players who have 100 tactics + 100 weapon skill. It brings a new variety to group fights by allowing only tank mages and dexers to use them. Dexers are currently useless in fights greater than 4v4. Allowing them the ability to create chaos by bolaing and focusing down mounts gives them a unique and viable role.
  • Faction mounts - With the introduction of bolas, you can increase the importance of sigils and create objective based PvP. Faction mounts will come bonded when purchased, but if the faction loses control of the city in which they purchased the war horse, their war horses will unbond. Warhorses will recover more quickly from bolas. .5-1s instead of 2s.

As a formidable PvPer in all Spectrims of UO

I couldn't agree more with chad on this

Look guys..
This is the Age of the Achy. let it shine
Bola's have been around forever! you guys can still ride you pretty mounts and stuff..
if you find yourself bola'd Its called teleport invis, They overall increase PvP's happy meter.
And wands add a whole new level of survival and pvp as a whole..

Shards are becoming thin
I don't know if you guys understand how
UOF might be the last thing for die hard UO players like us.
And Ultima was known for its PvP mechanics aside it being the first MMO
Its PvP Formulas are better than anything else out there to date.
I cant seem to find something to rival its playstyle

So adapt
And take one for the team
And when you're mount dies to a dexxer spamming LOL
And when you come to the conclusion that this is how you're going to die (on foot against a dexxer, and his beetle)
You can hate me
But ill enjoy every second of it

Kilike

Grandmaster
If we're getting faction bolas... Make them cost silver and you have to own the sigil for a town to buy them in. Also lets rework the sigils so that theres more of a reason to fight for them rather then let eqms own them all the time.
Hopefully that'll help the other factions bond together rather then having x amount of small groups within a faction who kill each other anyways rather then the focusing on killing the opposing factions.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
QTRa3eR.gif

Fattson

Grandmaster
If we're getting faction bolas... Make them cost silver and you have to own the sigil for a town to buy them in. Also lets rework the sigils so that theres more of a reason to fight for them rather then let eqms own them all the time.
Hopefully that'll help the other factions bond together rather then having x amount of small groups within a faction who kill each other anyways rather then the focusing on killing the opposing factions.

The sigils did mean something. Devs were waterboarded with faction tears. I really like your idea but it's only gonna create more crybabies.

Kilike

Grandmaster
So you enjoy seeing grown men with the minds of children whining to staff like someone just ate all of the icing off their Whinnie the Pooh birthday cake?
When you put it like that..... Yes I do lol. They're going to cry anyways. Maybe I need to start crying to get chivalry.

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Sigils and the stones don't mean shit to factions at the moment.
The point to pvp is well, player vs. player and you get that on a daily.
Who gives two shits about whether one guild is overpowering another or 1v1's aren't being conducted.
This game was never meant to be played by any means FAIR.
Everyone gets screwed whether by reds and blues and factions.
The suggestions that started on this thread where only relevant for one page until the high and mighty players who BELIEVE...Truly BELIEVE they are the shit started trolling it. As if their shit don't stink.
I really do feel bad for most players out there who never got a chance to see how fun it was before the whole emergence of "ZERGING 2015" became the staple. I get it, on one hand you have new players involved and in the other you stir up the pot with veteran players to try and implement a gameplay that isn't very appealing since this is UOF not the ever so glorious uoforever.
It all started with the players and now the players sit and troll one another.
You can only do so much but our attitudes towards suggestions/changes...really need to change.
Fuck it if I get flamed or trolled writing this but seriously, WHERE IS THE LOVE!?

Cheapsuit

Master
I don't really care either way about bolas, recalling with counts, tamers stealthing and crystal balling pets, or whatever. I just want to be able to spot an orange and crush him without taking on 10 toons...please devs separate chaos and order from factions.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The sigils did mean something. Devs were waterboarded with faction tears. I really like your idea but it's only gonna create more crybabies.

Yup sigils meant something, CoM tried for them for about a week, dying 45+ times in their first night of attempting it. Then the animal control sigil got nerfed and now its back to endless running marathon field fights.

Just make it so people can make $ from controlling sigils...then people will fight for them. Money will motivate even the trammiest of the trammy to load an ebolt.

n8m8

Journeyman
This whole "who cares about 1v1 pvp mechanics" is bs. 1 v 1 is a very crucial part of this game (and has always been). Some people just can't defend themselves, run in a group of 6+, hide behind their teammates and just eb rail or use delayed eb macros. I get it, it's fun but playng solo is pretty fun as well. It's nice a feeling when you do all the work by yourself. All I'm saying is that this game isn't just about one play style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loakes

Grandmaster
Yup sigils meant something, CoM tried for them for about a week, dying 45+ times in their first night of attempting it. Then the animal control sigil got nerfed and now its back to endless running marathon field fights.

Just make it so people can make $ from controlling sigils...then people will fight for them. Money will motivate even the trammiest of the trammy to load an ebolt.

Lmao stop running with 15-20 people every time you go out, and people wont use the "run and gun tactics".

Implementing Bolas is going to make it worse for every other faction on UOF. You will still run 15-20 people but now none of the smaller groups/guilds will have a remote chance to battle the Zerg.

We have all seen what EQMS is like in smaller numbers. You either scatter like cockroaches without loading a spell, or you get put down like sad puppies.