Pure white deermask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcate

Master
Everyone is all up in arms over this, but when I made a post about how ogre idols were TOTALLY screwed by ogre statues, no one cared?

Tough. The deer mask should have stayed white. If you're gonna dick one, dick em all at least.

Bueno

Neophyte
Vedric said:
So a Mercedes is trivialized by Hyundai trying to make their cars look exactly like them?

Uh......

If the Hyundai is functionally and aesthetically identical except for the Hyundai logo, but still sells for 15k, then you have a valid comparison.

So, to answer you question, yes.

Vedric said:
powerful wizard said:
Bromista said:
Monster of the month items were meant to be dropped, of course. Shane means events where staff were playing as mobs and had items on them that weren't meant to be lootable, like untitled pure white sandals and necklaces.

But I'm sure your post is in reference to the blue orc mask which is not the same hue as the MoM blue orc mask worn by everyones favorite douchebag old azz. So this is like putting up ice white antlers on the vendor...close but not the same hue as the pure white and still protects the value of the original.

Which is good because I don't want old azz to have the same opportunity that stunoma was just given, freedom (within reason) to make his item unique and of his choosing.

For me, the trend of items increasing in demand in game, and then having the same or a nearly identical item added on the donation vendor (i.e. fallon sandals, vesper sandals, blue orc mask, pure black tribal), completely trivializes trying to acquire anything "rare".
So a Mercedes is trivialized by Hyundai trying to make their cars look exactly like them?

I actually laughed out loud. Thanks for this.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
1339104867_giant-doobie.jpg

S

Shane

Yeah honestly if you ever get a unique from an event drop, there is no saying that we won't introduce them later on somehow specially if it's a wearable. If we didn't put items on the donation store because of dropped items honestly it would look pretty bleak on that donation vendor.

I know previous staff members ran events and dropped things for players that at the time i gave the go ahead too, but i knew i was going to "eventually" bring them into the donation vendor.

the Deer mask i thought was a dropped item, forgot we raffled it off long ago, i dealt with stunoma and we fixed it for him.

The royal cape was also a unique given out, and the cellar deed was also given out to a few people months back for testing etc.
These were some additional rewards for high end donators hitting new tiers.

Hope this clears things up for some of you! Don't worry about rares staying rares as wearables, we have alot in store for UOF ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.