Questions about safe farming place

tribes10

Journeyman
Hi

I am very new here (4 to 5 days), GM Sword, Tactics, start farming near britain, every 10 mins or less red shows up, kill and loot.....yesterday it is my new record, 20 times, no matter near city, despisr, shame, spider cave reds are always there...

Can anyone please advise where and what should i do to farm a little bit gold for buying house

Thank you

Young Star

Grandmaster
You really just need to be vigilant about banking gold often. Using a extra recall regs is a lot less expensive than getting PKd with 7-10k. I would also focus on overland spawns over dungeons when possible. Being in open space makes it easier to just run away. Keep pots on you too. Getting a heal pot off between bandages will make you harder to kill.

Since you are fairly new i would suggest making a provoke bard. Most are archers or mages but a melee bard is just fine too. A swordsman won't be too good of a gold farmer until you get a meta talisman for him.

tribes10

Journeyman
hi

Thanks for your reply, i do farm on overland spawns which near city...however my connection is just 2xx ms which not allow me run too fast..(i guess they use tracking to spot player since they can search me when i am hiding)

I do recall very often (like 2 to 3 k once), usually they show up when i just have 1k or less...
i am training my archer skills and prov, someone told me near yew have a rune library which can find the rune to bard table, but cannot find it.

Yoko Kurama

Master
All the places you listed should be avoided, go to areas where reds dont travel. Or, better yet join EQMS and they will help you get started,

Hiding. It's not fool proof, but it certainly helps. Also, get a runebook. They're blessed, and the recalls don't fizzle. Keep the book open, and if you see a red, recall out. If you're paying attention, you'll be gone before they find you. Recall scrolls only cost 25g at most vendors, and you can buy in bulk.

tribes10

Journeyman
Hiding. It's not fool proof, but it certainly helps. Also, get a runebook. They're blessed, and the recalls don't fizzle. Keep the book open, and if you see a red, recall out. If you're paying attention, you'll be gone before they find you. Recall scrolls only cost 25g at most vendors, and you can buy in bulk.
yes, i tried hiding, but they just stand near me and use their exp pot...

i tried my best to recall once saw the reds, but it really cant farm more than 500 gold each time....

All the places you listed should be avoided, go to areas where reds dont travel. Or, better yet join EQMS and they will help you get started,
Yeah join eqms if you'd like to pay 100k to join a toxic environment. As for good places to farm, try to locate mobs that are far from towns and cities, sometimes you can get a good sweep through a dungeon if you have mates with some good rune spots. Another skill to help out in the wilderness is tracking, have it running constantly on a macro and you can recall out as soon as you see anyone else pop up that you don't know. Regardless, we all get PKed and its pretty impossible to prevent it entirely when first starting. Try to find a down to earth group of mates who genuinely want to help you, might seem hard at first but you'll stumble upon someone eventually. Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Yoko Kurama

Master
Yeah join eqms if you'd like to pay 100k to join a toxic environment. As for good places to farm, try to locate mobs that are far from towns and cities, sometimes you can get a good sweep through a dungeon if you have mates with some good rune spots. Another skill to help out in the wilderness is tracking, have it running constantly on a macro and you can recall out as soon as you see anyone else pop up that you don't know. Regardless, we all get PKed and its pretty impossible to prevent it entirely when first starting. Try to find a down to earth group of mates who genuinely want to help you, might seem hard at first but you'll stumble upon someone eventually. Good luck and happy hunting!

Hmm define toxic? Eqms is loyal, people don't get betrayed and kicked over drama and lies, and people look out for each other. It is actually the opposite of toxic, unlike 7eet or whatever its called...It is ironic, and I am not the only one in EQMS that would agree on this very point. Haha eqms doesnt allow people to be treated like dirt, or I mean look at the person who started your guild in the first placed, betrayed and kicked for no reason from his own guild....or Rocky. Rocky is one of the nicest guys on the server, yet you all were nothing but toxic towards him. Or I could go on. But don't be talking shit about another guild you know nothing about when you are in the most toxic guild I have ever seen. Good luck and happy hunting!

Down to earth group of mates who genuinley want to help you, that's EQMS...and considering how much I have helped people over the last few years, noobs especially, I wouldn't say something like that lightly.

As for where to hunt, feel free to pm me and I can show you a bunch of hunting spots, like I did with Eternal Dragon not too long ago...

VeryCoolCat

Apprentice
Get a player to give you a runebook with a few hunting spots and then buy a bunch of recall scrolls. You'll be rolling in it as long as you jump back and forth.

Hmm define toxic? Eqms is loyal, people don't get betrayed and kicked over drama and lies, and people look out for each other. It is actually the opposite of toxic, unlike 7eet or whatever its called...It is ironic, and I am not the only one in EQMS that would agree on this very point. Haha eqms doesnt allow people to be treated like dirt, or I mean look at the person who started your guild in the first placed, betrayed and kicked for no reason from his own guild....or Rocky. Rocky is one of the nicest guys on the server, yet you all were nothing but toxic towards him. Or I could go on. But don't be talking shit about another guild you know nothing about when you are in the most toxic guild I have ever seen. Good luck and happy hunting!

Down to earth group of mates who genuinley want to help you, that's EQMS...and considering how much I have helped people over the last few years, noobs especially, I wouldn't say something like that lightly.

As for where to hunt, feel free to pm me and I can show you a bunch of hunting spots, like I did with Eternal Dragon not too long ago...
Heh

Good to hear from you mark, sorry your so upset. Its kinda sad the way it all ended, unfortunately not everyone gets on with everyone. I'll retract my toxic statement, i don't have the right to judge anyone. But I still know what you've done and I won't forget the kinda guy you are.

Amberwolfe

Journeyman

Mark message me directly if you have something to say about our guild or start a new thread.

Tribes, good luck with your adventures on this shard and choose your friends wisely :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Sethisto

Neophyte
I have a macro I've used forever and it gets me out 90% of the time.

Set a safe spot (I like random banks in cities people don't go to) as the default rune in a runebook, then record with UOsteam casting recalling and clicking the runebook.

Set it to a very easy to hit hotkey (mine is tilde) and most of the time they won't even be able to click you before you are already out if you are fast with it. Obviously this works a lot better on a ranged character, but I use it on my warrior types too. It's also really good if you are in trouble in general. I've recalled with 2 hp quite a few times from just unlucky flamestrukes and stuff.

If they do get you, be sure to try to get a rez out of them. A lot of reds will rez you after killing you.

Cinder

Master
Hi

I am very new here (4 to 5 days), GM Sword, Tactics, start farming near britain, every 10 mins or less red shows up, kill and loot.....yesterday it is my new record, 20 times, no matter near city, despisr, shame, spider cave reds are always there...

Can anyone please advise where and what should i do to farm a little bit gold for buying house

Thank you

Join a guild.
SB guild welcomes new players. We will be happy to help you out with good farming ideas and locations. :)
Also, when you have times when you need assistance, you have help from friends.
Come to Trinny Bank roof, tell any one in sb guild cinni sent you and would like to have you in our guild.

Happy hunts!!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Good suggestions by all.

Here's a good piece of advice that I'll share. If you want to survive against red characters then you have three basic options: fight, flight, or avoid. I'll post some quick tips for the latter two which involve using a second account. If you have a second monitor then this will work better.

If you are farming in certain spots then you can sit a hidden character (or ghost) off screen where the reds are likely to enter. If you are fighting mobs while getting attacked by a red then you will likely have trouble recalling without your spell getting disrupted. Use your second character to see the reds before they see you. This works especially well at Khaldun where there's one entrance and no recalls are allowed. There I would have time to finish the mob I was fighting before I even recalled.

Some farming spots are hot spots that reds keep in their runebook. This means they are likely to gate in or recall right on top of you. In this scenario you would want to plan ahead and use your second account to gate your other character out. If you are farming a particular mob over and over then this is a great strategy. You can set a one-button macro on your second character and just hit it. Bonus points if you do this at a bank and cause a guard whack/stat loss combo.

Those are probably my two best tips but I actually wrote a guide here in forums that you can check out.
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/avoiding-reds-and-loss-mitigation-for-blue-farmers.66364/

tribes10

Journeyman
Good suggestions by all.

Here's a good piece of advice that I'll share. If you want to survive against red characters then you have three basic options: fight, flight, or avoid. I'll post some quick tips for the latter two which involve using a second account. If you have a second monitor then this will work better.

If you are farming in certain spots then you can sit a hidden character (or ghost) off screen where the reds are likely to enter. If you are fighting mobs while getting attacked by a red then you will likely have trouble recalling without your spell getting disrupted. Use your second character to see the reds before they see you. This works especially well at Khaldun where there's one entrance and no recalls are allowed. There I would have time to finish the mob I was fighting before I even recalled.

Some farming spots are hot spots that reds keep in their runebook. This means they are likely to gate in or recall right on top of you. In this scenario you would want to plan ahead and use your second account to gate your other character out. If you are farming a particular mob over and over then this is a great strategy. You can set a one-button macro on your second character and just hit it. Bonus points if you do this at a bank and cause a guard whack/stat loss combo.

Those are probably my two best tips but I actually wrote a guide here in forums that you can check out.
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/avoiding-reds-and-loss-mitigation-for-blue-farmers.66364/

Thank you for your details information, will check it after work

Volco

Master
aside from hiding, be sure to also set up a script to recall whenever you see a red.
also one thing everyone overlooks in this game is learning how to run efficiently.

I'll get successfully ganked maybe once every 2-3 months, survability just takes practice