Recommend a populist Vote to change Dexxers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretJ

Neophyte
We all know the land of sosaria is ruled by mages, and in particular those that roam in packs. (long winded ***** short!....)

there is one huge problem with dexxing as it is.

Era accurate? Home boy, not even! In the days of UO:R which I played, dex loss was negligble, in fact 9/10 you hardly stamina beyond the point of pushing past someone, and that loss was within 5-10 stamina points.

that said, and how you can help will be determined by your responses, and over-viewed by an admin.

A quick break down on how stamina works is as follows, for every 25 points you enter a new tier of dex swing, 25 = t1 50 = t2 75=t3 100=t4 (with dex pot) 125 = t5
however your fastest swing speed is determinate upon your current stamina not your maximum stamina,
which is a huge problem for dexxers, their swing speed, and effectively their capacity to compete.
9/10 you will be down graded on swing speed between t2 and t3; (unless you are using 1handers chugging refresh potions)

-=The following is a typical scenario of stamina drain here on UOF:
you are a bad dexxer you get para'd, explosioned, and energy bolted, the result leaves you somewhere with about 50(ish) stamina.

From here ---your options are limited, you have a 10 second bandage timer (again, not UO:R accurate, in fact it had scaling flexibility with your dexterity)

So you're running for 10 seconds, have 50ish stamina, and you're waiting for your bandage to proceed back to engage your opponent, until a very similiar beat down takes place again,

para, explo, eb. Stamina is undeniably pushed back to a point where you are at best, half mass, so between missing (which is a huge problem as well) (on top of vanq's being the only tier of weapon that provides consistent damage to your target) (you're dead!)

And perhaps you hit a mage twice before he undeniably put you in your place, (direct causation on your swing speed not operating properly, as you have limited hits per second (and limited abilities) the way it is!)

tl:dr

stamina loss here is ridiculous, if you use a melee weapon, 9/10 you are engaging with half of your maximum capacity in swing speed.

-= this also applies in melee vs melee

inb4:
>>play mages 2014 purple pots! we enjoy killing gimped meele characters!!!

Radar Mile

Master
I don't know about everyone else, but as a dexxer I very rarely lose in the field 1v1 to a mage. But since you can just run forever they usually end up running off when they run out of regs/pots.

TriXa

Grandmaster
at the moment i think its really good at is it.. its good balanced. and dexxers are still more powerfull as mages.

halygon

Grandmaster
So... No.

A quick break down on how stamina works is as follows, for every 25 points you enter a new tier of dex swing, 25 = t1 50 = t2 75=t3 100=t4 (with dex pot) 125 = t5
however your fastest swing speed is determinate upon your current stamina not your maximum stamina,
which is a huge problem for dexxers, their swing speed, and effectively their capacity to compete.
9/10 you will be down graded on swing speed between t2 and t3; (unless you are using 1handers chugging refresh potions)
This is incorrect. Swing speed is based directly upon stamina and scales with it. 99 stamina is slower than 100 as an example. What you are describing is post-AoS swing speed which is based upon tiers of 30 stamina. UOF is pre-AoS in this regard (and most regards).

Here is a reference: http://web.archive.org/web/20010224182647/http://uo.stratics.com/

It is based off of current stamina cause it makes balance. Balance when fighting dexxor vs dexxor (hence macers have advantage) and balance vs mages because they can slow you down with some spells and you can stam them out with melee hits.

-=The following is a typical scenario of stamina drain here on UOF:
you are a bad dexxer you get para'd, explosioned, and energy bolted, the result leaves you somewhere with about 50(ish) stamina.

From here ---your options are limited, you have a 10 second bandage timer (again, not UO:R accurate, in fact it had scaling flexibility with your dexterity)

So you're running for 10 seconds, have 50ish stamina, and you're waiting for your bandage to proceed back to engage your opponent, until a very similiar beat down takes place again,

para, explo, eb. Stamina is undeniably pushed back to a point where you are at best, half mass, so between missing (which is a huge problem as well) (on top of vanq's being the only tier of weapon that provides consistent damage to your target) (you're dead!)

And perhaps you hit a mage twice before he undeniably put you in your place, (direct causation on your swing speed not operating properly, as you have limited hits per second (and limited abilities) the way it is!)
Not to point out the obvious but... just drink a Total/Greater Refresh Potion and be back in the game in under a second.

Plus based upon the above situation, I am not sure you understand how to PvP as a dexxor on this shard. Things have changed quite a bit since "way back in the day". You need potions, magery, good weapons, and a strategy vs different opponent types.

I rarely have trouble with any mages, except maybe some top tier PvPers -- and that soley depends if we are in the field or pits. In the field, a well played dexxor, with a good template, should be nearly impossible to kill 1v1.

SecretJ

Neophyte
So... No.
I rarely have trouble with any mages, except maybe some top tier PvPers -- and that soley depends if we are in the field or pits. In the field, a well played dexxor, with a good template, should be nearly impossible to kill 1v1.

i'll take that in video

halygon

Grandmaster
I don't take any videos, so I think you may be waiting a long time.

There are quite a few other dexxors on UOF that are just as good or better than me, so this is not my opinion. It is fact.

Why do people play mages over dexxors? Simple. 1) Mages work better in groups as they can sync and 2) Mages have more variety because of their available spell set as opposed to a dexxor who is set in his/her template.

SecretJ

Neophyte
LMAO, no I bet a GM did send him. Probably cause he/she knew what the population would say to this.

as far as falsely representing a gm, lol.

it's an issue of public opinion on whether or not stamina should be linked to hp; case and example can be observed even in pve; when you reach a critical amount of life loss, you are effectively stamina-less, go hunting without total refresh potions.

if you find that acceptable,and or normal in comparison to your UO:R experience, you're full of it :)

as far stamina drain on maces, something that came in with IPY; and probably the same reason it's still readily available in the code today.

as far as a 3 day ban, i was banned from the first week until now --- I sincerely couldn't careless if i took another one actually trying to improve this server.

as i have already lost 4 prime house spots (particularly the one spot in moonglow in between the town and gate) and about 600k in spell book deletions.

so, 3 day ban, please, i'd applaud a permanent ban again merely since the changes here are minimal to any other shard out there, in particular uoforever.

the pvp is the same script kiddies on both servers with purple potions so :p go for it sport!

Poon Doctor

Master
I just 2 shotted a mage with my LJ Dexer.

I tried everything I could to 2 shot a dexer with a mage, every combination of spell I could think of (even double FS) - no dice.

halygon

Grandmaster
Man, where are you getting this stuff at?

as far as falsely representing a gm, lol.

it's an issue of public opinion on whether or not stamina should be linked to hp; case and example can be observed even in pve; when you reach a critical amount of life loss, you are effectively stamina-less, go hunting without total refresh potions.
So now we are talking about HP? This wasn't a part of your original argument.

Why would anyone go hunting without refresh potions?

as far stamina drain on maces, something that came in with IPY; and probably the same reason it's still readily available in the code today.
Definitely did not come with IPY. Here's you a reference from April 27th, 2000: http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_5

This was just a refinement of the stamina loss system that was already in place from early 1999 (http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_-_February_2,_1999).

I don't know what you have done to be banned already, but bans are rarely put in place unless you were just disrespectful to the staff.

It sounds to me that you need to keep your head down and get some experience PvPing in the field and pits so that you can reevaluate your position on stamina drain and swing speed.

SecretJ

Neophyte
I just 2 shotted a mage with my LJ Dexer.

I tried everything I could to 2 shot a dexer with a mage, every combination of spell I could think of (even double FS) - no dice.

Video or it didn't happen, it could only potentially happen to a nude character, i enjoy the hyperbole though

SecretJ

Neophyte
and i guess since you're not too great at reading, i'll help you.

ctrl+f stamina

The bonus for damaging armor and lowering stamina will now be restricted to the following mace weapons:

• Mace
  • War Mace
  • War Hammer
  • War Axe
  • Hammer Pick
  • Club
  • Maul
Wands, staves, and smith hammers will not damage armor or reduce stamina.

So, just saying, good find, since it only further proves my point that stamina loss in relation to hp didn't exist, and had nothing to do with any damage source other then maces.

SecretJ

Neophyte
Your swing rate or firing rate with all weapons is now dependent on your current stamina, instead of your dexterity.

that was as of feb 1999 post

JoeB

Adept
Well I sent you here so you could see how your opinion is reflected by the population. This is why the suggestions tab has this description for in game page options.

4c665c2e0124456d5c7fe9648f7a8319.png

If public opinion is that the current system is good then you do not make a change. If people say that hey, you're right this should be changed then we often will change things. This is after a thought out discussion happens and it seems a majority of the shard agrees that it needs changing.

I very much expected the population to respond in the manner that they have thus far as a UO:F veteran myself. I feel you are not handling this thread very well currently and being extremely defensive about what you are suggesting. You don't seem to be open to what other players, who are mostly veterans of this shard, are saying in response to your post.

halygon

Grandmaster
and i guess since you're not too great at reading, i'll help you.

ctrl+f stamina

The bonus for damaging armor and lowering stamina will now be restricted to the following mace weapons:

• Mace
  • War Mace
  • War Hammer
  • War Axe
  • Hammer Pick
  • Club
  • Maul
Wands, staves, and smith hammers will not damage armor or reduce stamina.

So, just saying, good find, since it only further proves my point that stamina loss in relation to hp didn't exist, and had nothing to do with any damage source other then maces.
Try re-reading that. This doesn't say ONLY mace weapons. It is referring to within the mace fighting type weapons, only those will damage armor and lower stamina. Good try though.

Again, what are you talking about with stamina loss in relation to hp? It has always been if you are super low on HP, that you stamina goes down to nothing. But I am not sure how this is a problem. You think you should be able to run forever while at 1hp?

Your swing rate or firing rate with all weapons is now dependent on your current stamina, instead of your dexterity.

that was as of feb 1999 post
Is there a point here? That is exactly how it is on UOF.

SecretJ

Neophyte
Well I sent you here so you could see how your opinion is reflected by the population. This is why the suggestions tab has this description for in game page options.

4c665c2e0124456d5c7fe9648f7a8319.png

If public opinion is that the current system is good then you do not make a change. If people say that hey, you're right this should be changed then we often will change things. This is after a thought out discussion happens and it seems a majority of the shard agrees that it needs changing.

I very much expected the population to respond in the manner that they have thus far as a UO:F veteran myself. I feel you are not handling this thread very well currently and being extremely defensive about what you are suggesting. You don't seem to be open to what other players, who are mostly veterans of this shard, are saying in response to your post.

hm, thanks for backing me in the sense of the validity of a gm asking me to report it here, as far as being defensive ~~ as I told you ---"thanks for not bothering to address the problem." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.