Remove young player status.

agauo

Master
0456c92919.jpg

b245a83483.jpg

I'm sure this happens far more often than I know because I hardly ever go inside dungeons. Is this really what the (Young) player status was put in for? I understand that true new players need a bit of help and that's why I fully support the new player dungeon and/or haven. However shit like this should not in under any circumstance happen. If I was staff I would track down this guy and every other guy pictured and/or mentioned abusing this and take whatever gold and items they have accumulated doing this after resetting their skill points to 0.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
yea i mean who ever this is is probly making new accts evrey week or so to farm in peace.... i may have to activley use my companion more often and find report these kids.

agauo

Master
yea i mean who ever this is is probly making new accts evrey week or so to farm in peace.... i may have to activley use my companion more often and find report these kids.

If I was a "companion" this is all I would do. I'm not sure what this shard's definition of a young player is, but I definitely would like to think its not a GM Lord title bard with runic barbed leather armor. It's absolutely ridiculous that the current young player system allows you to stay in so long and with so many benefits. It seems like these players can just lock their skill points and enjoy free farm for days. When they lose young on that player they just make a new account. It's absolutely mind boggling that it has been going on this long and literally nothing has been done about it. The GM's say that the person I screenshotted has been dealt with, but I would really like to know how. I'd be willing to put up money that all that happened was his young player status was taken away and he keeps all the gold he made. I'd also be willing to bet it's not his first time doing this, and who knows how much gold he has made over the years.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
If I was a "companion" this is all I would do. I'm not sure what this shard's definition of a young player is, but I definitely would like to think its not a GM Lord title bard with runic barbed leather armor. It's absolutely ridiculous that the current young player system allows you to stay in so long and with so many benefits. It seems like these players can just lock their skill points and enjoy free farm for days. When they lose young on that player they just make a new account. It's absolutely mind boggling that it has been going on this long and literally nothing has been done about it. The GM's say that the person I screenshotted has been dealt with, but I would really like to know how. I'd be willing to put up money that all that happened was his young player status was taken away and he keeps all the gold he made. I'd also be willing to bet it's not his first time doing this, and who knows how much gold he has made over the years.

i agree completly but tbh its a losing battle finding individuals abusing it they just VPN make a new acct rinse repeat. The system as a whole should be adjusted to either prevent Young players goin in most dungeon/areas above despise or completly revamp the system like ea did and add a haven type area they cant leave while young.

Sseany4209

Grandmaster
They just need to make a haven and youngs cant attack youngs and reds cannot enter haven etc. I think also reds make youngs to scout all dungs.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
They just need to make a haven and youngs cant attack youngs and reds cannot enter haven etc. I think also reds make youngs to scout all dungs.

I've had this happen wayyyy too much, been working mobs and see a young run in, immediately recall out, then 5 reds show up, kill me and run away like pussies.

Sseany4209

Grandmaster
I've had this happen wayyyy too much, been working mobs and see a young run in, immediately recall out, then 5 reds show up, kill me and run away like pussies.

same from champ spawns to destard or any dung. They seem to know the exact spot where your at, as well as knowing when to precast you. I do however know theres been rumors of ghosts in all dungs for reds to scout/troll

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
UO is a harsh place for a new, inexperienced player, I know this more than most but the system is clearly being abused. The young status should only apply outside dungeons, and not on the sea either. Even the young dungeon is being abused so people can farm with no consequence. I would suggest maybe a young walkthrough system for the truly new players where they are guided through the basic functions. I started UO years after everyone else, with no young status, I had no clue what I was doing but Im still playing because of the love for the game. New players will do the same.

lollo

Grandmaster
young players should only be able to stay in young player dungeon and Britain area.

A few weeks ago i saw a young player at sacrifice one shotting liches with a silver exceptional vanq +25 bow (that's like the best pvm weapon in the game, probably worth a few hundred thousands). That's ridiculous