Rules for the selling section

Every day I see people starting auctions for items and then writing stuff like:

"Seller reserves the right to reject any offer."
or "Seller reserves the right not to sell".

It's either an auction or not in my opinion, stuff like the above just makes people fight over auctions. If they like to "reject offers" or not sell" after bidding was done they shouldn't make an auction. They could still ask for offers just not make it an auction. I think for this to work, editing your auction post midway would also have to be against the rules or people would just do that all the time. What do you guys think?

You seem upset that I pointed out that you added 100k to the price of a 300k item.... and now you accuse me of derailing a post... by derailing mine? Ok. I'd be fine with what I did being against the rules if auctions would actually be treated like auctions, too. Sound like a deal?

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Actually I have nothing to do with the other post I was simply pointing out that you are asking for more rules while not following the ones already in place.

I personally would gladly support all sales to be auctions starting at 1g with no buyout and going to the person with a winning bid for greater than a given time period.
The truth of the matter is people are generally going to do what's best for them and if that means going against their own posted rules they will and we really can't expect staff to regulate / monitor the sales. If they own the item they can do whatever they want with it.

Yea I understand that, I was just seeing a lot of posts where people were arguing because the op wouldn't sell in the end etc. and thought it would reduce that if there were more rules about making auctions. How to enforce it is clearly an issue, you are right we can't expect staff to monitor every auction. The one thing I could think of would be to turn off the edit function for that forum so people would have to decide whether to make an auction or not when creating their post but people could be upset about that.

I'm not sure I understand how that's derailing a thread

This has gone from discussing what I suggested to a discussion about some sentence I wrote on a post in no time just because of his comment, if that isn't derailing then I don't know what is. Anyways you guys can stop pointing out that I broke the rules... I get it, I broke the rules. It was a completely different rule than what I was trying to discuss here but whatever, I'm guessing you don't like my suggestion and instead of discussing it like grown men you just tell me I can't discuss rules because I broke the rules. I get it.

Vorax

Grandmaster
This has gone from discussing what I suggested to a discussion about some sentence I wrote on a post in no time just because of his comment, if that isn't derailing then I don't know what is. Anyways you guys can stop pointing out that I broke the rules... I get it, I broke the rules. It was a completely different rule than what I was trying to discuss here but whatever, I'm guessing you don't like my suggestion and instead of discussing it like grown men you just tell me I can't discuss rules because I broke the rules. I get it.
No I agree with your suggestion. I'm not a fan of people having the pull out game of a god when it comes to selling things, it's something I agree should be enforced.

No I agree with your suggestion. I'm not a fan of people having the pull out game of a god when it comes to selling things, it's something I agree should be enforced.

giphy.gif

clutchxo

Grandmaster
Sales game is a tough one.

Proposing some kind of main header would be sufficient. Where each header is attached to a set of rules or standard practice.

I'm not going to lie, I can't stand you or your attitude, always complaining. Aside from that, I think if you're going to submit an idea to make something better at least give it more thought and offer a logical problem + an answer or what you would like to see done to fix the problems. I think your answer was 'mediocre'. You need something more thorough.

IE.
Auctions need to be standardized.

Title:
Timer:
SB:
Buyout:
Increments:
Accepted currencies:

Like this....

Title: Auctioning 120 Animal Lore
Timer: 24 hours from SB.
SB: 1.6kk
Buyout: 2.6kk
Increments: 100k
Accepted currencies: Gold, Dono/gold (1k/160k)

Of course this is willing the seller will cooperate and run their auction with the given information. But most people are just shady and/or don't care. Eventually the community will find out who they are and stop buying their shit.
Edit:
As far as pull out, I don't know if there can be a solution to this. <--- BAN EM

I think if you're going to submit an idea to make something better at least give it more thought and offer a logical problem + an answer or what you would like to see done to fix the problems.

I suggested to remove the edit function from the selling forum and to make a new rule about auctions having to be real auctions. Sorry I couldn't think of anything better, that's why I came here to ask for your opinions to solve this issue.

IE.
Auctions need to be standardized.

Title:
Timer:
SB:
Buyout:
Increments:
Accepted currencies:

That's a great step in the right direction, would be cool if that appeared as a template when creating a new auction!

I'm not going to lie, I can't stand you or your attitude, always complaining.

Sorry you feel this way, maybe you just know me through forums etc. and would feel different if we were in the same guild or so.

clutchxo

Grandmaster
I suggested to remove the edit function from the selling forum and to make a new rule about auctions having to be real auctions. Sorry I couldn't think of anything better, that's why I came here to ask for your opinions to solve this issue.

That's a great step in the right direction, would be cool if that appeared as a template when creating a new auction!

Sorry you feel this way, maybe you just know me through forums etc. and would feel different if we were in the same guild or so.
I like removing the edit button but it may be impossible because of website coding? Would be cool to have a "tag" like WTB / WTS that was auction. And removed the edit button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like removing the edit button but it may be impossible because of website coding? Would be cool to have a "tag" like WTB / WTS that was auction. And removed the edit button?

I think it's possible, it's like how we don't have a button for "deleting" posts, many forums have that but I think it was disabled here. Might be that they could only disable edit for the entire forum and not just for the selling sub forum so may still be impossible. I like the idea with the tag!

AssHat

Grandmaster
"I have the right to not sell X Item"

that is all it takes, and that is what i use when my selling thread IS NOT a auction.

because in the end, it will always be the sellers item, no matter how shady or a liar or w/e we want to think, it is 100% the sellers item(s) and that's that.

all we can do as a community is talk about who is a bad seller,scammer, etc. make a Bad Sellers Thread.

some people do need a little education on buying/selling and possibly how to setup a good way to sell a item. so both the community is happy and the seller is happy and wants to sell more due to people buying what they have.

i feel like most are afraid to say a price and move to PM since someone really did make a large offer via PM, but then most items should be auctions and not a "offer me via PM".....

slippery slope here