SERVER WARS

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I can see that you're fairly new here but I think what you may not understand is how scheduled events can lead to players only logging on at those times. That is the reason why we don't have a serverwars system right now.

Combine that with the fact that there is also a test server for doing most of the other testing and a battle system for players to use to test their equipment without fear of losing it and without needing a character.

I think if you ran a poll you might find out some other facts like that there are also players who don't want serverwars and even some who think that the king of the hill event/serverwars lack objective and therefore are not worth implementing.

Read through some of the older serverwars threads if they're logged still. this isn't the first time the topic has come up youngster

Derwolf

Grandmaster
+1 item insurance

@Skye Wolfbane @halygon can you you remove his posts please. No one besides him has mentioned item insurance, he is clearing trolling and derailing the thread. I would like to keep this thread on topic to get more ideas from the community before it turns into a troll fest. Afer this thread has ran its course then i will make a poll. thank you mods

wreckognize

Grandmaster
lol you're the one who got sassy just because I agreed with Skye that CTF is already 100% of everything you asked for in your OP. Now you want her to remove my posts?? Pahleese

This thread isn't de-railed, AND it's already a closed suggestion in my opinion because everything you asked for already exists on UOF in the form of the battle system and test center.

9/10 players here don't want serverwars because it also crashes the server every time, and when UO crashes while you're sleeping it's hard on your equipment.

Having serverwars as a battle system event is not needed either, I'd rather play a CTF or FFA because both of those inspire players to play their best rather than waste everyones time on an event where you just run around mindlessly with no objective just to be able to test your equipment.

If you have some other ideas as to how serverwars could be implemented then by all means, say so. The other person here who also likes serverwars is also being very elusive when asked to put some effort into the idea to make it work, go figure.

Winstonian

Grandmaster
lol you're the one who got sassy just because I agreed with Skye that CTF is already 100% of everything you asked for in your OP. Now you want her to remove my posts?? Pahleese
Uh, CTF is definitely not 100% of what server wars was. Not even close. And that's his frustration: you keep making ridiculous comments that simply aren't true when other agree with the suggestion that Derwolf made: server wars were great, and got people into PvP.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
CTF definitely covers all the top reasons why OP wants serverwars. But yeah it's not the exact same thing. You're right but then I never said it was anyways :/

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I think it would be cool if server wars were once a week or two weeks and all of sosaria was a massive FFA.FFA and the other events are cool but its on foot (so my speedhack doesnt work lol), its not field pvp and i believe it would sparks people's interest in pvp. We could always try it out just once, then staff could make a post asking the community what they thought of it.

"9/10 players here don't want server wars because it also crashes the server every time, and when UO crashes while you're sleeping it's hard on your equipment." I think keeping your computer running while you're sleeping is hard on your equipment. Staff could give a few weeks heads up so everyone knows the exact time the server would reset.

CTF & PVP tourneys are dope bu tI can't remember the last FFA or King of the Hill event que that popped on my screen. Someone please correct if i'm wrong on this, when you reset the server it helps with lag. I think its similar to resetting you're home internet or computer.

@Babethoven 3 of my 6 characters are red and in factions

Last edited by a moderator:

Athrez

Grandmaster
I believe that the more events there is the more new players will come to the shard. I personally like events alot, but they are almost always pretty late EU time so I see around one PvP event in a month :( CTF's are more often earlier and I can get to play them, which is really nice.

And it's true that "leet" pvp gear is not in much use.. 80% of 7x events are with no runic weapons BUT with RUNIC ARMOUR, which makes no sense to me tbh. CTF is a good place to use good weapons you can't you anywhere else, like I do use my katana & war hammer. So sad that my weapons sit so much of the playing time in the bank.. waiting for an event :/

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
@wreckognize
Wtf happen dude, you lose some shit on a glitchy server wars on OSI?
What is being asked for, what is being SUGGESTED, is server wars, which, for those of you who do not habla, IS EXACTLY NOTHING LIKE CTF.
You dont think we need server wars? That takes a sentance. You sir are fucking flaming up this thread, both hijacking and attempting to derail it.. thats not what the suggestion thread is for, sir. By all means give your opinion with reasons but then move on please? Me i want server wars. I think this thread deserves to be heard out and not shut out just because of your single, individual opinion. I dont think you are reading all the posts because there are several reasons why server wars is nothing like factions, ctf, having a red char etc... its not just about PvP.

+1 For weekly server wars!

halygon

Grandmaster
@Skye Wolfbane @halygon can you you remove his posts please. No one besides him has mentioned item insurance, he is clearing trolling and derailing the thread. I would like to keep this thread on topic to get more ideas from the community before it turns into a troll fest. Afer this thread has ran its course then i will make a poll. thank you mods
Trolling? You missed the old @wreckognize by about a year -- he used to be a hard core troller -- what you see now is quite refrained and honest. <-- Still creeps me out :)

To your suggestion - The original reason for server wars was because the OSI servers needed to restart each week (or blow up? :) ). So instead of just shutting them down, they did a save like 30min before the restart and hence server wars was on during the time of last save and restart.

Fortunately, we do not need a weekly restart anymore, which in my opinion is better than OSI was. This also means that to duplicate the server wars, we would have to break our own up-time and imitate what OSI was forced to do weekly. This seems like a backwards progress.

I think what may be a better suggestion is more FFA events and maybe if you want to get crazy, suggest some new maps be built for FFA to be hosted on.

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Trolling? You missed the old @wreckognize by about a year -- he used to be a hard core troller -- what you see now is quite refrained and honest. <-- Still creeps me out :)

To your suggestion - The original reason for server wars was because the OSI servers needed to restart each week (or blow up? :) ). So instead of just shutting them down, they did a save like 30min before the restart and hence server wars was on during the time of last save and restart.

Fortunately, we do not need a weekly restart anymore, which in my opinion is better than OSI was. This also means that to duplicate the server wars, we would have to break our own up-time and imitate what OSI was forced to do weekly. This seems like a backwards progress.

I think what may be a better suggestion is more FFA events and maybe if you want to get crazy, suggest some new maps be built for FFA to be hosted on.

Thank you mate that makes perfect sense. I will make post a suggesting more FFA events and I might just get a little mainy, suggest some mounted pvp events and new maps ;p

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Thank you mate that makes perfect sense. I will make post a suggesting more FFA events and I might just get a little mainy, suggest some mounted pvp events and new maps ;p
ec1ccde9e16cc19a1d41954be21113541daebf8d4acd6c0f98899412efb634f9.jpg

Bromista

Grandmaster
A. CTFL isn't going to happen it seems, which is rather unfortunate.

B. Why can't we just fire up the test server more often? The main server is not effected. Test server is fun times.

Snickle

Grandmaster
@wreckognize
Wtf happen dude, you lose some shit on a glitchy server wars on OSI?
What is being asked for, what is being SUGGESTED, is server wars, which, for those of you who do not habla, IS EXACTLY NOTHING LIKE CTF.
You dont think we need server wars? That takes a sentance. You sir are fucking flaming up this thread, both hijacking and attempting to derail it.. thats not what the suggestion thread is for, sir. By all means give your opinion with reasons but then move on please? Me i want server wars. I think this thread deserves to be heard out and not shut out just because of your single, individual opinion. I dont think you are reading all the posts because there are several reasons why server wars is nothing like factions, ctf, having a red char etc... its not just about PvP.

+1 For weekly server wars!
don't bother getting into it with them. They have all the time in the world and do nothing but hit refresh button on the "most recent activity thread"