Skills NOT to GM?

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
I'm glad someone started this thread, I've been looking for a resource to break down skills (ie. you need 80 to do x, 90 to do y, and gm for z).

For example, I have a Archer\Bard that I created a month ago (my first bard), and I've been playing this char for a little while:

GM Archery/Provo/Music/Magery/Resist/Tactics/Meditation

So the other day, I was thinking "man I don't use magery much, just to heal/cure and get around (recall/gate). And I don't use Med at all (only passively).

So I dropped Med to 60 (or so) and got some hiding. I like it better because I don't need to med often (my Int is only like 50 anyways), and now I can hide from mobs or the gank squad.

My next thought was, why not just drop Magery and Med all together, and get healing/Anatomy...you can see that I'm a bit indecisive on how I want to play this char...flexibility in this game is insane.

In any case, anyone know of some resources to break down skills (and stats)? For example, I have a GM LJ, and to get a LJ/Swords damage bonus you must have 100 STR.

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
You can technically go with zero magery and use a runebook charged with scrolls and never fail recall. You can make a pretty good Khaldun toon like that. Run in, provo, hide, even them up every so often and loot.
Yeah, I just like to have Magery but I may try use of scrolls.

N49ATV

Adept
Magery is nice, as it has other uses, and in reality you can replace 2 skills with one (if for heals and res, 1 Magery = anat/heal)

Though you could carry scrolls for heal and cure. But that will get old quick.

eppy

Grandmaster
Magery is nice, as it has other uses, and in reality you can replace 2 skills with one (if for heals and res, 1 Magery = anat/heal)

Though you could carry scrolls for heal and cure. But that will get old quick.

You can, but 25 mana limits its usefulness quite a bit.

80 arms lore disarm
80 anatomy stun punch and res with bandage (healing skill determines if you fail on bandage, anatomy gives small bonus dmg extra heal)
100 medi gives a 10% bonus compared to non-gm, even low medi is good on most chars
90 magery strong mini heal/gheal still for dexxers
80 poisoning never fail apply but chance to inflict poison higher at gm
95 healing is min needed to not fail bandages
80 stealth to not fail with no armor
alchemy gives bonus damage to purple pot at all skill levels not just gm. 50 skill in alchy average is 14.8 and gm18 damage from my testing

Humble_Shark

Apprentice
80 arms lore disarm
80 anatomy stun punch and res with bandage (healing skill determines if you fail on bandage, anatomy gives small bonus dmg extra heal)
100 medi gives a 10% bonus compared to non-gm, even low medi is good on most chars
90 magery strong mini heal/gheal still for dexxers
80 poisoning never fail apply but chance to inflict poison higher at gm
95 healing is min needed to not fail bandages
80 stealth to not fail with no armor
alchemy gives bonus damage to purple pot at all skill levels not just gm. 50 skill in alchy average is 14.8 and gm18 damage from my testing
Nice, this is a good start. Did you test these?

Greed

Master
This is the healing formula:

9c8b3b07d54b6952f267094c982ceb24.png

10f8fd4ef269a4fe876d4fb58068e4f6.png

so with 100 healing and 0 anatomy you would heal for 19-43

and on a related note healing time is calculated as follows:

4f87d57c4cbc3423bdff0b228530cb56.png

bandage healing is heal skill/3 and anatomy skill /6 +10. so anatomy does give a decent amount and also gives damage bonus for melee. need it to cure/res with bandages as well. I tested the alchemy at 50 skill at 100. The other skills I have so I know how they work.

aIck

Grandmaster
If you got Alchemy on your PvP-character you can keep it at 80. That is, if you already have it GM'd on your crafter or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

N49ATV

Adept
What about Magery? Should I stop at 80? It's my aux char id use for res etc. according to stratics (might be accurate), at 80 I have 100% success on 5th circle, and 70% on 6th. So I'll always heal, cure, and recall. And if I just use res scrolls, is have a 70% chance to res (2 circles for scrolls). Seems valid for a non Magery damaging character.

Dimok

Master
I'm glad someone started this thread, I've been looking for a resource to break down skills (ie. you need 80 to do x, 90 to do y, and gm for z).

For example, I have a Archer\Bard that I created a month ago (my first bard), and I've been playing this char for a little while:

GM Archery/Provo/Music/Magery/Resist/Tactics/Meditation

So the other day, I was thinking "man I don't use magery much, just to heal/cure and get around (recall/gate). And I don't use Med at all (only passively).

So I dropped Med to 60 (or so) and got some hiding. I like it better because I don't need to med often (my Int is only like 50 anyways), and now I can hide from mobs or the gank squad.

My next thought was, why not just drop Magery and Med all together, and get healing/Anatomy...you can see that I'm a bit indecisive on how I want to play this char...flexibility in this game is insane.

In any case, anyone know of some resources to break down skills (and stats)? For example, I have a GM LJ, and to get a LJ/Swords damage bonus you must have 100 STR.
Hate to revive such an old thread, but I stumbled across this when doing a search on LJ. You don't need 100 str to get the LJ damage bonus, do you?