Slayer Books - Info

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
so far what i've gathered...

The average book should be about 1050 charges
The highest so that i've gathered so far is 1880, with the lowest at 440.

Slayers Currently have a Bug where they Cannot Be stolen.
Slayers Currently do not apply Talisman Damage (thereso a lvl 8-10, you will only see a loss
As of yet they cannot be recharged (either no method found or not intended to)
You DO NOT need spells in this book, you just need to hold it to gain the damage benefit
Direct Damage Spells will use up charges from the book (as of current testing. Need testing to see if poison level, and chance are affected as well)
*Need info on if they can be Dyed
*Need info on if they can be Blessed (or even if its worth blessing, probably should only be on the hi end ranges)

Now the Price Speculation Part:
at a 2.32% success rate with 65gp per book (at 13 scrolls per book using the crafting area materials discount *if anyone can confirm this part just wanna double check*), puts them at a 15,080k selling point to break even. (i suck at math tho so i might be wrong)
this would make a high end MoTM lesser slayer about 30k, with supers being 45k-60k and if they have >1500 charges.
So about 17k for a crap book <800 charges no need slayer , with 1.1k+ charge lesser slayers about 20k-25k...
this would be on a settled normal market, not the current one as they are still brand new.
now this is just speculation in price, which will obviously change based on need and or availability
***(i like seriously suck at math so take this with a grain of salt, just trying to get a good guideline for the community, any discussion for price is more than welcomed, i've saved how many scrolls per book in my spreadsheet as well if anyone else wants to math this up)***

Low ranges would *currently be* 440-700.
Lesser range - 701-950
Mid Range 951-1150
Low Mid Range 1151-1400
Hi range - 1401-1600
Rare Range 1601+

*Price per charge would not give a high enough return on investment for the crafter especially at the lower end of the spectrum. also considering how prices fluctuate, a base price on such varied items would limit any potential. I would use the ranges + current need to judge how to price a book. And new ranges are being put out every day so i will be updating this as i find more information.

No luck yet for Sub 120 Inscription - if you have had any let me know so i can update this section.

I would like to thank @girana @Wyntr and @StrawberryInYourFace for helping me gather information on this.
I will be posting this info in the original post as well so its at the front for ease of access.

*******Im looking to gather data on the new slayer books for the use of the entire community.********

If anyone would help i would greatly appreciate it.

What i need:
What type of slayer, and how many charges
How many normal books made per slayer

This is to see what cost range they would be in.
Knowing the limits of our books, just like the stats of a pet. Are its charges on the high end or low. I mean to find these ends (or atleast a good aproximation)
Also looking to see if there are different ranges on the Super Slayers and Lesser Slayers.

Any help is appreciated. Once i get good info i will be sharing with everyone so this will not just benefit a few, it will be for the whole community.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
i've gotten some info currently, but nothing concrete based on the low numbers of books being turned out. The more help the faster i can help everyone. I expect a decent stock by the end of this weekend to push out something more solid.

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Do you know if it's like weapons where you can make slayers at lower levels and highest chance is at 120? Or is it only at 120 you can make slayer spellbooks?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
ive only heard of 120 making slayers, my guy is only 85 atm, but 30 books and no slayer, but he has a way reduced chance anyway. once i hit gm soon i'll test again to see. thats why i need other peoples info as well b/c the more numbers i get the better figures we'll have to know whats what with slayers

bruce leroy

Neophyte
i have 120 scribe and made 1 slayer out of 1200ish scrolls
it was dragon slaying with 1250 charges on it (non blessed of course)

Trojandrew

Grandmaster

Slayers Currently do not apply Talisman Damage (thereso a lvl 8-10, you will only see a loss
You DO NOT need spells in this book, you just need to hold it to gain the damage benefit
Direct Damage Spells will use up charges from the book (as of current testing. Need testing to see if poison level, and chance are affected as well)
*Need info on if they can be Blessed (or even if its worth blessing, probably should only be on the hi end ranges)

at a 2.32% success rate with 65gp per book (at 13 scrolls per book using the crafting area materials discount *if anyone can confirm this part just wanna double check*), puts them at a 15,080k selling point to break even. (i suck at math tho so i might be wrong)
this would make a high end MoTM lesser slayer about 30k, with supers being 45k-60k and if they have >1500 charges.
So about 17k for a crap book <800 charges no need slayer , with 1.1k+ charge lesser slayers about 20k-25k...
this would be on a settled normal market, not the current one as they are still brand new.
now this is just speculation in price, which will obviously change based on need and or availability
(theres an edit up top b/c of math)

Lesser range - 701-950
Mid Range 951-1150
Low Mid Range 1151-1400
Hi range - 1401-1600
Rare Range 1601+

*Price per charge would not give a high enough return on investment for the crafter especially at the lower end of the spectrum. also considering how prices fluctuate, a base price on such varied items would limit any potential. I would use the ranges + current need to judge how to price a book. And new ranges are being put out every day so i will be updating this as i find more information.

No luck yet for Sub 120 Inscription - if you have had any let me know so i can update this section.

I would like to thank @girana @Wyntr and @StrawberryInYourFace for helping me gather information on this.
I will be posting this info in the original post as well so its at the front for ease of access.

Fattson

Grandmaster

Lesser range - 701-950
Mid Range 951-1150
Low Mid Range 1151-1400
Hi range - 1401-1600
Rare Range 1601+

Thanks for compiling all of this.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Based on your numbers something like this may be appropriate (but still a little high IMO, see note).
  • Super Slayers: 30 GPC
  • Useful lesser tier slayers: (i.e. motm or dragon) 20GPC
  • trash tier slayers: (i.e. scorpion's bane or troll slaughter) 10GPC

~400 charges:
  • Super: ~12,000
  • Useful: ~8,000
  • Trash: ~4,000
~800 charges:
  • Super:~24,000
  • Useful: ~12,000
  • Trash: ~8,000
~1000 charges:
  • Super: ~30,000
  • Useful:~ 20,000
  • Trash: ~10,000
~1600 charges:
  • Super: ~48,000
  • Useful: ~32,000
  • Trash: ~16,000
~approximately equal to
Note: Based on what I remember from my 13k scrolls (65k @ 5 per) run, using this scale, I would more than double my money by just selling the super slayers.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
which i dont see why not, as theres very few people making them atm, and they are still very new, only 3 days old lol. prices will probably settle up more. and im just trying to help so we can balance this and find a good start.

but if you think about even a 1k charge super, you go to a champ, cast evs (that dont take a charge) and e bolt about 500(and thats a high estimate) the entire time. you can probably top score with that, with everything you'll loot it doesnt sound overly priced for a champ topping item

***(i like seriously suck at math so take this with a grain of salt, just trying to get a good guideline for the community, any discussion for price is more than welcomed, i've saved how many scrolls per book in my spreadsheet as well if anyone else wants to math this up)***

Lesser range - 701-950
Mid Range 951-1150
Low Mid Range 1151-1400
Hi range - 1401-1600
Rare Range 1601+

*******Im looking to gather data on the new slayer books for the use of the entire community.********

If anyone would help i would greatly appreciate it.

What i need:
What type of slayer, and how many charges
How many normal books made per slayer

This is to see what cost range they would be in.
Knowing the limits of our books, just like the stats of a pet. Are its charges on the high end or low. I mean to find these ends (or atleast a good aproximation)
Also looking to see if there are different ranges on the Super Slayers and Lesser Slayers.

Any help is appreciated. Once i get good info i will be sharing with everyone so this will not just benefit a few, it will be for the whole community.

Good job. people are wondering if there is a chance at 115 and no one knows yet. All I can say if at 120 you only have a 2.3 success chance, I don't want to see the chance at 115 if you are able to create them.
Thank you for gathering this information.

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
@eppy
was wondering if you can confirm, deny or expand anything posted?
was more wondering on the stealing (if its being looked at to make it a normal stealable item?
and if its only 120 to craft or if there still is a chance at lower lvls like BS has.
and if the bonus is adding correctly to talismans (since lvl s8-10 are getting negative results) or if there is an overiding bonus on talismans that supersedes the effect from a crafted book?

Halfgrin

Master
how do you tell how many charges are on it, or did I just get duped into buying a dyed regular spellbook like a total newb?

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Single click it. It'll say what type of slayer and how many charges. If. It's not a slayer it won't say anything other than blessed spell book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
Can't meet. Not at my computer atm. You can use imgur to upload here. Takes like 2 min to start from scratch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk