Votes: 38 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
There's a lot of runes that I call "Dead Runes" since they most likely will never be used and aren't used... I will keep suggesting this suggestion. I even have actual gargish spellings for these words that would actually use more of the alphabet.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
to be honest I disagree that slayer weapons are saturated. If they were then it would be easy and cheap to find and buy slayer vanqs in each weapon type. But it isn't.. and giving crafters control over the slayer market completely is not a good idea. I'd rather have people out in the field farming slayers than sitting in their house crafting non-afk for a single minute.

One thing that was mentioned is that glowing runes are in fact being saturated because people aren't really using slayer armor. With the addition of 120 scribes, why not make a scroll that allows them to temporarily bless a piece of armor for say a week or two, and then also make any armor with a slayer attribute have a maximum of 20 total durability, making it fairly useless for PvP?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
to be honest I disagree that slayer weapons are saturated. If they were then it would be easy and cheap to find and buy slayer vanqs in each weapon type. But it isn't.. and giving crafters control over the slayer market completely is not a good idea. I'd rather have people out in the field farming slayers than sitting in their house crafting non-afk for a single minute.

There aren't as many crafters anymore that actually fill their vendors anymore or play at that. At the time I posted this there were at least 10 competing slayer vendors.

The drop rate for slayers is pretty low via treasure or mob. Putting effort into creating one isn't an AFK task at all. As it stands slayers are an AFK task with the system currently in. Armor is still creeping out and that's partly by my hand of intentionally going out and dying with armor on or selling cheap on my vendors. I'm trying to get people to see that it's ok to at least try to go out geared up.

Madd Dogg

Master
too bad the amount of thought and effort put into an idea has nothing to do with weather or not it should be implemented.. :)

Wasn't really a comment about this specific idea was just a general statement that he does try to give some very detailed ideas that can bring some great creative content to the game, my personal fav being the mining cave. easily one of the more tedious classes to play

Young Star

Grandmaster
I posted this idea in another thread that references this one so I thought I'd add it here as well.

I like most of this suggestion. If I had any tweaks it would be to maybe not have it completely based on collecting just one dark ruby. Make it different for each class of super slayers. The slayer type's resource would only be found in their loot or mining area close to the monsters that spawn there. This resource would be used to craft a slayer of the opposing slayer type, basically channeling the abilitiy of the monsters you gathered it from. So Abyss vs Elemental and Fey, Repond vs Undead(silver), and Reptile vs Arachnid.

If the staff doesn't want crafters to have complete control over the exact slayer they want they can use this system to at least let them craft within a slayer type. So the ability of the crafter would determine if they would craft a super slayer or one of the lesser slayer types within that class. Another option would be to do away with the lesser slayer types and have just the super slayers but tie their intensity to the crafting ability with tiers, similar to how we already have tiers for durability and accuracy.

Grizard

Adept
I wish we had the ability to create the slayer type of weapon we with the glowing runes. I have over 1300 glowing runes and don't see turning them into armor at this point. I want to see more value added items used with them.

Psioncy

Expert
I'm against this. Most of the weaps I get from treasure chests fall short of what the blacksmiths are already producing except the VERY occasional slayer/power/high acc weapon -of which I have to ID hundreds of others to come across.

This means the bulk of the market is already going to blacksmiths. The high end niche of treasure seekers will be degraded if this system is implemented.

(BTW: I have high end slayer/acc/vanq/etc weaons here :

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/vendor-spots-1k-weekly-guard-zone-protection.80314/#post-610695

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I have an idea but not sure if someone has mentioned it yet.

Having so many less desirable glowing runes around. How about implement a system that will take 10 glowing runes and give you one rune of your choice?

The slayer armor business seems picking up after meta dexxer/mage system kicks in. If we can find a way to sink some less desirable g-runes and help world saving time and game play. Why not? Honestly world saving time is getting longer and longer recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I have an idea but not sure if someone has mentioned it yet.

Having so many less desirable glowing runes around. How about implement a system that will take 10 glowing runes and give you one rune of your choice?

The slayer armor business seems picking up after meta dexxer/mage system kicks in. If we can find a way to sink some less desirable g-runes and help world saving time and game play. Why not? Honestly world saving time is getting longer and longer recently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check my links yes.