So much for champ spawns being fixed.

Cinder

Master
I quit champs spawns because of the boss being lured off to different areas , other then the champ area.

I was told that the champs are fixed and bosses can no longer be lured.

I guess I was misinformed... so much for champs being fixed and localized. :( :(

Amazing how we can spend over an hour of fun PVMing spawn, just to have buzzards come in and lure and steal the boss of the champ.

Happy hunts you game spoilers

Soul Mate

Grandmaster
I quit champs spawns because of the boss being lured off to different areas , other then the champ area.

I was told that the champs are fixed and bosses can no longer be lured.

I guess I was misinformed... so much for champs being fixed and localized. :( :(

Amazing how we can spend over an hour of fun PVMing spawn, just to have buzzards come in and lure and steal the boss of the champ.

Happy hunts you game spoilers

Maybe staff does not know that it is broken? if they fixed it or changed it to work the way you said. Maybe pm them?

Woodsman

Expert
Exploit mechanics = You Win --------------Pay 200k join Fee You win.........or run a solo thief with stealing scripts...other options include lube and pain killers

Amazing how you can devote over an hour working towards a goal, and be so oblivious to when you're reaching said goal that you completely miss the finish line.

God forbid you be aware of your surroundings at a champ spawn.

I fully support creative use of game mechanics, even if it's at someone's expense.

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Lol I feel your pain, rikktors been killed before the entire way across destard near the entrance, mephitis can be drug and terra keep/Ophidian lair is enormous. It's a huge problem and no one cares to do much about it, pussies drag shit away, that's why I just use my thief anymore mostly and cheat people out of their shit like people cheated guilds out of the boss [emoji41]

MZ3K

Grandmaster

I fully support creative use of game mechanics, even if it's at someone's expense.

This, IMO, is an important part of UO.

But you cant do anything at someone else's expense if there isn't anyone else in the game or at the champ.

Losing 1 hr+ of work induces a lot of rage in a lot people. IMO, nothing causes more devoted players to leave than this does.

The UO:F population is healthy, but it doesn't really have players to spare.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Don't even care about a champ raid. Raid all you want. It's part of the game.

What's weird is the fact that @Shane made Barracoon rubber-band back to the altar because POWER had been luring him to the opposite end of that level of Despise. Sure, it had been going on for far too long before anything was done. He didn't like that so he fixed it.

Oaks has to rubber-band back to the champ zone because it's overworld.

Where is the rubber-band for the rest of the champs? It's inconsistent. If staff bothered to make one champ rubber-band that did not previously (deliberate change) you need to make all champs rubber-band plain and simple.

Argue with that. Go right ahead.

Until all champs have the same mechanic you're going to continue to see threads like this pop up, get bumped, etc.

I guess you're just gonna have to deal with that.

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's a fair trade, yes? The occasional cry for an occasional abuse of broken game mechanics?

Really don't see a problem with calling out the fact that there's a problem. That goes across the board, PvM'ers, PvP'ers, crafters who gives a shit?

But I guess in 2016 blues just gotta lay down and take it.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Easy way to fix this yourself......

1. Mark runes to the different locations in dungeons. I have 3 books of champ spawns for 3-4 characters I do champs with, these can get me close to the boss in a second, or a safe rune to recall in with.
2. Put a ghost on the alter when it hits level 4, then follow the boss with the ghost. The boss doesn't move as fast as your character, its just up to 1 guildy to keep track of the boss until you are all on top of it.

Now, raiding a champ with reds = part of UO, nothing wrong with that, wish more people tried it. Luring a boss is some petty stuff, but its a petty game.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Not supposed to ghost an altar. As it stands staff just removes ghosts once reported/found.

Could there be more measures put in place to prevent people dying on the altar to ghost it and avoid the restrictions that prevent walking a ghost to the altar, like an instant teleport out of the zone upon death or something? Sure, but that sounds too much like a solution to the problem. In the meantime some of us choose not to abuse these circumstances, some do.

Still though I'm noticing that the solution to combat one broken game mechanic is to abuse another. Terrific.

That's just dandy, lol.

Cinder

Master
@Cinder why Are you always crying? Just be more organized and don't Let that happen

I'm not crying. I am pointing out an issue with bosses being lured off.

I was told things were fixed and they could not be lured off the champ area, so I was willing to do champs again.

I don't think we should have to chase down the boss , after we fought off all of the spawn, to spawn it.

Every one has an opinion so it seems. Mine is that champ bosses should have to stay in a more localized area.

And some of the champs have been fixed.
This one has not. So now I know which one to avoid!! :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I'm not crying. I am pointing out an issue with bosses being lured off.

I was told things were fixed and they could not be lured off the champ area, so I was willing to do champs again.

I don't think we should have to chase down the boss , after we fought off all of the spawn, to spawn it.

Every one has an opinion so it seems. Mine is that champ bosses should have to stay in a more localized area.

And some of the champs have been fixed.
This one has not. So now I know which one to avoid!! :)
Yeah but omg it's clearly crying, trammy tears, etc etc

Curious, who said that champs were fixed? Don't remember seeing that posted publicly.

Cinder

Master
Nope, no crying.. see :) :) :)

I can move on to other aspects of the game.. all good

Great thing about UO.. There is always something to do!

Kairus

Adept
dont u know that when u kill a pk he loses all the loot that he got in last 2 hours? oh wait it dont work like that... oh wait nothing works like that except champ/rda spawns.

i love that pvpers cry that they lose some magical weapon/armor when they die so they only pvp as groups(pvp = factions. not pk ing in dungeon).

but in reality, pvm ers literally lose their 2 hours of grinding when they die with their pvm character, to a pvp character.

oh but we all know killing a pvm character with a pvp character is so badass and cool and hard and supercool and smart. so nothing is wrong here.

edit: luring champs is pure bullshit. but i think it will keep existing on many champs for a long time

Cinder

Master
dont u know that when u kill a pk he loses all the loot that he got in last 2 hours? oh wait it dont work like that... oh wait nothing works like that except champ/rda spawns.

i love that pvpers cry that they lose some magical weapon/armor when they die so they only pvp as groups(pvp = factions. not pk ing in dungeon).

but in reality, pvm ers literally lose their 2 hours of grinding when they die with their pvm character, to a pvp character.

oh but we all know killing a pvm character with a pvp character is so badass and cool and hard and supercool and smart. so nothing is wrong here.

LOL.. Now I am laughing! Great points! Thanks! ;)

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I agree the boss should stay in the champ area just like all the spawn. People have worked really hard to get to the boss. Sometimes really hard if not many people are clearing a champ. When a boss does pop allot of the pvmers are already fairly disorganized and trying to re-organize from dealing with heavy spawn, let alone also try and organize to fight of pks, blue pks, and luer'ers of the boss, thieves etc is asking allot.

Pks and those who want to lure show up organized, full of health and gear ready to destroy.

Your not only asking pvmers pvp and step up to the game.

You asking them to pvp (which we know they suck at, they pvm. Pvpers generally suck at pvm, or don't have the patience), also asking them to PVM (a given), and control the boss from lure, watch for thieves and the list goes on. It's not as easy all the time as people think and it's allot to Control.

What I'm basically saying is, no the boss should not be lured. But yes if reds show up and kill everyone and the boss, that's the game. It should just happen In the champ area to give the people who have been slaving away a chance.

I mean Christ if you have a Skeleton crew, u know ur pets will die a couple times (perm stat loss). Dexxers loose allot of expensive gear. And then they die again when you get raided for stat loss and more Dexxer gear. plus you loose the boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinder

Master
I agree the boss should stay in the champ area just like all the spawn. People have worked really hard to get to the boss. Sometimes really hard if not many people are clearing a champ. When a boss does pop allot of the pvmers are already fairly disorganized and trying to re-organize from dealing with heavy spawn, let alone also try and organize to fight of pks, blue pks, and luer'ers of the boss, thieves etc is asking allot.

Pks and those who want to lure show up organized, full of health and gear ready to destroy.

Your not only asking pvmers pvp and step up to the game.

You asking them to pvp (which we know they suck at, they pvm. Pvpers generally suck at pvm, or don't have the patience), also asking them to PVM (a given), and control the boss from lure, watch for thieves and the list goes on. It's not as easy all the time as people think and it's allot to Control.

What I'm basically saying is, no the boss should not be lured. But yes if reds show up and kill everyone and the boss, that's the game. It should just happen In the champ area to give the people who have been slaving away a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said!! :) :)

Josh D

Grandmaster
Not supposed to ghost an altar. As it stands staff just removes ghosts once reported/found.

Could there be more measures put in place to prevent people dying on the altar to ghost it and avoid the restrictions that prevent walking a ghost to the altar, like an instant teleport out of the zone upon death or something? Sure, but that sounds too much like a solution to the problem. In the meantime some of us choose not to abuse these circumstances, some do.

Still though I'm noticing that the solution to combat one broken game mechanic is to abuse another. Terrific.

That's just dandy, lol.

Since when is placing an "active" ghost against the rules? I stealther works fine too, but I didn't know that controlling a ghost broke any rules. I realize leaving a ghost running a script to call out spawns is against the rules (Arch Deamon, Akor, etc.) but if the ghost is controlled...it doesn't interfere with anything.

Petty strategies sometimes just need petty fixes. But I've been called petty before, no big deal :)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Since when is placing an "active" ghost against the rules? I stealther works fine too, but I didn't know that controlling a ghost broke any rules. I realize leaving a ghost running a script to call out spawns is against the rules (Arch Deamon, Akor, etc.) but if the ghost is controlled...it doesn't interfere with anything.

Petty strategies sometimes just need petty fixes. But I've been called petty before, no big deal :)
Haha right on.

It has been against the rules for years m8, but oddly enough it isn't listed in the official rules, I'm assuming because it's a minor infraction that results in removal of the player but no additional action.