Soul Forge Correction

Morgan

Adept
After a few updates and the server move The Soul Forge went back to not being able to smelt items like you (Adam) had corrected it to, Also the rate of fail on high resorce items is a little bit off as far as I am a few are concered, Is that possible to tweek a bit, right now its at 50% chances would be more realistic at 75% or make the rate of drop for the items needs more dropable.
Just a sugestion

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's a chore.

Fail rate is too high.

You can be 105's/110 and ride the coattails of the 120 crafter needed to make the forge (you only get to do the soul forge creation quest once per player) and be able to craft with the same success rate, your success chance does not improve by being over the req. skill. I think that needs to be looked at more closely @Adam, iirc you looked at it once but success % for being over req. could use a bump IMO.

We don't need more Babethovens riding coattails. Reward the players who put in the work!

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
I searched, but is there a guide for the Soul Forge?
A rundown down on how to make and what it can do (ie items crafted and such)

Kapanen

Apprentice
I am horrified to find that there is no thread explaining what the hell a soul forge does. I just want to know, is there any benefit to tailoring next to the damned thing?

AssHat

Grandmaster
Last edited by a moderator:

Kapanen

Apprentice
Yeah. I did google it and read that page. It tells you whats craftable using the forge, but I was told there are other benefits from crafting any old thing there. Apparently there are not, according to this page. So the random slayer armor drops when crafting is bullshit? Or should I still be horrified? As far as asking other people for help, I did. And was told that you can craft slayers. But none of the 15 I talked to could tell me if that applied to tailors too, or just blacksmiths. :)

AssHat

Grandmaster
Yeah. I did google it and read that page. I tells you whats craftable using the forge, but I was told there are other benefits from crafting any old thing there. Apparently there are not, according to this page. So the random slayer armor drops when crafting is BS? Or should I still be horrified?

slayer armor you use a crystal work bench

to craft slayer bows/weapons you use the brit crafting area

Kapanen

Apprentice
Thank you. Ill let the guy who built the thing know to stop wasting his time with it then. He is chasing slayer armor.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I was the first to make a soul forge and I never use it. Maybe 2 times making standing armor. There's no real function besides taking up space and looking pretty. I know I've posted ideas to boost the usage of this contraption it's in my sig for a link....?

I'd attempt to script it all myself, but my memory (real memory) is short term and craptacular....

Young Star

Grandmaster
Add armor anodizing on the soul forge to re-color armor with whichever metal ingots you want and still keep the AR benefits of whatever it was originally crafted with. Add in some semi-rare currently unused item to make it a little work to do like you did with rope for dragon barding deeds.