Static Timers on RDA/IDOC/Boss Spawns increases group PVP

lol grats killin 4 $ with 10-12 newbies :)

u never got anything from it... and you will never get anything against any $ is there!

everytime we found you we stat 5-10 of your noobs... lets do it more often because i love the 30k checks in my bank
There are a minimum of 9 unique corpses that are not eqms sir

Bromista

Grandmaster
sounds like yall need a new hobby in UO then if your not willing to put the time in to reap the rewards, maybe its time for other stuff in game then?
Out of the mouths of Babes.

Gtfo with this static timer bullshit. All y'all. Clearly you are fighting a losing battle because staff just put the hammer down.

The best part of all this EQMS crying about timers has resulted in one of the very few static timers (and clearly the most profitable) being made variable. Talk about a backfire.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Since we are talking warlock we have an opportunity to just make it all better. Create a drop on all undead spawn that is a shard of the warlocks staff and when you have 6 you place them on the harrower altar you spawn the warlock. 75% of the time he is at his altar and 25% he is in a random dungeon. Give something to the farmers and gives the proper benefit to larger numbers. We could do this for akor as well with Dragon shards. In total I would like to see the ability to put 6 "completed" items on the shrine and spawn everything in the gauntlet but that's for another post.

PS. I could only count 7 unique bodies which is likely 3 players then.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Since we are talking warlock we have an opportunity to just make it all better. Create a drop on all undead spawn that is a shard of the warlocks staff and when you have 6 you place them on the harrower altar you spawn the warlock. 75% of the time he is at his altar and 25% he is in a random dungeon. Give something to the farmers and gives the proper benefit to larger numbers. We could do this for akor as well with Dragon shards. In total I would like to see the ability to put 6 "completed" items on the shrine and spawn everything in the gauntlet but that's for another post.

PS. I could only count 7 unique bodies which is likely 3 players then.
Tbh I don't think that's necessary. We already have the two dungeon bosses/altars with those sorta mechanics and two more on the way that will function much the same.

Having this one spawn with static location and variable timer is a nice step forward.

eppy

Grandmaster
It will actually spawn quite a bit more often now. I give with one hand and piss people off with the other I guess.

Babethoven

Grandmaster
im just glad none of these noobs knew about the warlock and akor dropping faction scrolls as well back in the day....

u mad?

or should i say... u madder now????

exactly 7 body 5 people

and still $ got everything :) try harder
Hobo Dave/ Terribad/Dexion/Skanky Mouse/Ihityouquit/Famara/ Tony Cakes- that are ON screen, that is not counting the people hidden or off screen. lie again kid

Last edited by a moderator:

Sloth of SDS

Apprentice
Who cares who had the bigger dick that night?

Having a static IDOC time benefits all of you. In the case of a blue who is at an IDOC, with a good estimate drop window. If the time were static, he would not need to get shit on for four hours trying to get started on the server.

Do we benefit from a change like this? Of course, but we are not suggesting it to be selfish and get the upper hand. We strongly feel that everyone benefits from this change.

FAMARA

Grandmaster
Did you not read my post -- we want all timers to be static: RDAs, Champs, tameables, Warlock, IDOCS.

It's hilarious how ]$[ think we are crying to have things randomized... just the opposite. The more static timers on things, the more PVP we have. Since you missed it, this is what happened everytime we stayed up til 3am to destroy you guys at that warlock spawn:

lkMySpx.png

you have the one screenshot without all ur bodys or players in the picture lol.

everytime u guys stayed up til 3 am how much loot from warlock did u get.

absolutely none, we got it all everytime. thats what we go for.

if your calling 20 + reds to come and flamestrike closest on some pvm tamers, PVP, you are sadly mistooken.

you have the one screenshot without all ur bodys or players in the picture lol.

everytime u guys stayed up til 3 am how much loot from warlock did u get.

absolutely none, we got it all everytime. thats what we go for.

if your calling 20 + reds to come and flamestrike closest on some pvm tamers, PVP, you are sadly mistooken.
How do blueballs taste?

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Is it just me or is there just to much complaining to try and make things easier? Grind it out! And reap the rewards. Stop asking for things to make it easier. Half the battle to IDOC is waiting it out n getting rewarded for it.
As much as I hate to agree with him,
@Babethoven is right! Put in the work!

Bromista

Grandmaster
Im only mad that there is now 1 less group fight to be had...
It's still the same group fight, it just requires you to be active and not merely hit a recall button when the time is right.

You're an idiot. You have proved it a thousand times over. Looking forward to your next embarrassing display.

Violence

Grandmaster
Changing IDOCs to a random timer is probably one of the worst design changes in UOF history. Completely destroyed my favourite part of the game for me and many others.

Sitting around for hours is not "hard work" or fun, and simply not feasible for the most of us. However, planning ahead for an event is a very enjoyable experience when your preparation pays off.

Set IDOCs to a 4 hour static timer and the new generation of IDOC squatters will not notice the change at all, while the rest of us will be able to devote more time to what I consider to be a very fun part of the game.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Changing IDOCs to a random timer is probably one of the worst design changes in UOF history. Completely destroyed my favourite part of the game for me and many others.

Sitting around for hours is not "hard work" or fun, and simply not feasible for the most of us. However, planning ahead for an event is a very enjoyable experience when your preparation pays off.

Set IDOCs to a 4 hour static timer and the new generation of IDOC squatters will not notice the change at all, while the rest of us will be able to devote more time to what I consider to be a very fun part of the game.

There's a reason uoforever had 10 guilds at any time dedicated to just doing IDOCs...some were PVP guilds, some were blue guilds, some were large, some were small.

On UOF there isnt 1 guild that focuses on IDOCs because of the random timers.

For those who don't time IDOCs, your situation would remain the same, you stumble upon an IDOC or get gated into one at the bank and sit there with no idea when the house will fall.

For those who do put the effort into timing IDOCs, you would be rewarded for putting in that effort by not having to show up to the IDOC until it gets closer to the drop time.

When several people/crews know the time, it makes for one hell of a battle as the IDOC drops.