Statistics ?

Pipster

Neophyte
Hi there,

I'm considering joining uo:forever but before I get involved, I'd like to know how many people actually play here at peak times ? There's no statistics on the homepage or anywhere and that's a red flag for me :)

Thanks for info mates !

Snickle

Grandmaster
Yes. Extremely popular. You can go to Brit bank and find about 50-100 players depending on the time. Most times when you're out and about you will run into people. Especially in dungeons.

I always tell new comers that this server has all the best parts of UO:

Only felucca. No T2A. High population. Very quick skill gains. Mounts. Rares mounts. No mount FATIGUE. Ethy's. Rares obtained through hunting monsters. Recall/Mark in dungeons, even when being attacked by a pk. High population. Custom levels to the most classic dungeons. Raffle gold sinks which maintain a very strong economy. Champ spawns. High population. Powerscrolls BUT only for non pvp skills. Taming, Bardish, Crafting. etc etc.

Allowing gold to be taken from bank when purchasing from NPCs. Custom Houses. BOD cloth. Random PVM events. Additional currencies besides GP. The bounty system (perfection). High population. Stat loss (which I go into a lot but still think its perfectly done). Slayer weapons. Slayer armor. High Seas graphic boats. Rare clothing. Layered Hats. Phoenix/Ranger/Demon armor. High Population. In game conquests and progressive achievements. Very good economy.

Also, what is great about this server is the things that it doesn't have. Customizations... Things that almost every other version of UO tried to do that ruined the game (including OSI and just about every other free server out there.) But I won't delay you any further. Download the game. You should join us :-D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipster

Neophyte
Thanks guys. I'm gonna give it a try, from what I checked so far it runs smoothly for me, even though I'm from overseas. I'm glad the server is busy, all I need is people to pvp with :p

ps. Snickle, judging from your sig I guess we share same hobby :p

RaRae

Apprentice
Idk about the whole 50-100 players at the bank thing unless your counting afk players that spam...

But this is a good populated sever top 2 of all the free shards out there, a very good amount considering the age of the game.

50-100? Hardly. But there are some you can actually talk to. Rest are macroing or running a vendor gate bot.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 6610 mit Tapatalk

kyleakira

Master
Why the server don't make public the Average players in the shard? or the Peak number every day/month?

When I was looking for an UO shard, I checked a few websites (one of them this shard) But as I didn't know playerbase and the website felt like unfinished, I decided to join World of dread (It had a decent playerbase). After a few weeks, I left that shard, and I stopped playing UO for 1 more year.

1 year later, I was googling and I found Shane's post in Reddit, he was talking very nice about his server and that made me download the installer. He was right about what he said, but It's a pitty because I could have joined this shard 1 year ago if the website would have offered what every new UO member wan't to know.... PLAYERBASE STATISTICS.

Strife

Master
Why the server don't make public the Average players in the shard? or the Peak number every day/month?

When I was looking for an UO shard, I checked a few websites (one of them this shard) But as I didn't know playerbase and the website felt like unfinished, I decided to join World of dread (It had a decent playerbase). After a few weeks, I left that shard, and I stopped playing UO for 1 more year.

1 year later, I was googling and I found Shane's post in Reddit, he was talking very nice about his server and that made me download the installer. He was right about what he said, but It's a pitty because I could have joined this shard 1 year ago if the website would have offered what every new UO member wan't to know.... PLAYERBASE STATISTICS.

As Shane has stated before, showing player base stats isn't always a good idea for several reasons.

First, players faith in a server can sway widely when they see population numbers shift, even by a mere 50 people. A new game comes out and UOF loses some people to curiosity, but they do return in time. If you cant see those "ppl" leave via a tracked number you don't notice it as much, but when a number shows a decrease of 50 players it plays with the mind a lot worst.

Secondly, tracking players online can be deceiving if there are a lot of people macroing or sitting around. The key way to check out a shard (IMO) is to go look at hot pvp spots and pvm spots. If these are filled or have bodies around, there is a good chance the shard has some life and people are fighting lol.

Either way, UOF is alive and well. It has population swings im sure as new consoles or games come out, but our core membership wont leave as we all love this game for some reason lol.

kyleakira

Master
I agree with what you say but, at least, in the main page, any comment about the playerbase peak or average player base in this shard. Max peak players on this year. That would invite new players to join and as you cant see real time statistics you wont see ppl leaving if thats the case.