Stealing, 0-GM: An Easy Graphical Razor Macro Guide

Was this guide helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 84 98.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
That's a terrific simple way yeah, but remember that there are half the amount of gains inside a house, as opposed to twice that two tiles away from the house, or even four times that in a dungeon. I went the dungeon route and had it GMed in a matter of hours without touching it. Except to see if I was PK'ed.

No doubt brotha but I'm lazy, would rather set a macro over night and let it run without worrying about PK's.

I posted my way for any fellow lazy players like myself who didn't wanna risk getting killed ;)

BonesBone

Just my two cents.

Easiest way to GM Stealing for me was simply locking down a bag in my house. Inside the bag put a bag with 20 empty bottles inside.

Open bag with 20 empty bottles and use the steal skill on the stack of empty bottles. Then have a razor macro set up to organize empty bottles back into the bag with the original stack. Rinse and repeat using a razor macro.

The stealing skill will automatically attempt to steal the maximum amount of weight your skill can handle. Sometimes it'll steal less and sometimes none at all but it will steal the maximum amount as well.

GM'D Stealing in about 48 hours in my house without ever having to touch the computer other than to log back in if I was disconnected.

Don't bang your head against the wall adding and removing apples or whatever. Just get a stack of 20 empty bottles, stick them in a bag, stick that bag in another bag, lock down the bag containing the bottle bag in your house, use the steal skill on the stack of empty bottles, use a organizer macro in Razor to place back any stolen bottles back into the bottle bag, rinse and repeat using a razor macro. The time you have to wait between steal attempts is 10 seconds.

I used a combination of both your ideas. If you do this method, in a dungeon, it automates everything and you get the added benefit of being in the dungeon. Using the [organizeme command makes it a very simple macro. Note: use the bag that is created when using the command [organizeme

Step by step:
1. Get 20 bottles
2. Empty your backpack (except for bottles)
3. Say [organizeme
4. Go to your favorite in dungeon training spot
5. Drop the bag at your feet (the bag that was generated from [organizeme)
6. Start recording macro
7. macro should look like this:
UseSkill Stealing
Pause .50sec
Target by type empty bottle
Pause .50sec
Lift 1 - ...... (lifting bag off ground)
Pause .50sec
Drop to ......(dropping bag to your backpack)
Pause .50sec
Say: [organizeme
Pause .50sec
Lift 1 - ......(lifting bag from your backpack)
Pause .50sec
Drop to Ground .... (dropping bag to the same spot it started on the ground)
Pause 7.00sec

Last edited by a moderator:

darthdeus

Journeyman
Thanks for an awesome guide, especially since it works so well.

I followed the guide exactly as showed in the screenshots, even used the same exact spot, and went from 0 to GM in less than 24 hours (I'd say about 14-16 hours of pure macroing).

Weland

Grandmaster
Also if you are a thief I may not help you with gear since you are my crafter's natural enemy that I would be helping making you gear on! o_O:confused:

darthdeus

Journeyman
Just don't become a script thief. They are lame as hell. Use the old school tactics to find and steal stuff. Script thieves are bitches and are seen as such even by their fellow thieves. @Darkarna can vouch for this.

Don't worry, I'm making a thief more for the RP/fun part than anything else, I don't really expect to use him to make any money :) I do want to try stealing from mobs in dungeons though. (TBH I was even considering if I should mention that I'm making a thief at all, this way someone could link him back to me :eek:. But I guess as long as I keep his identity secret I'm ok :))

Also if you are a thief I may not help you with gear since you are my crafter's natural enemy that I would be helping making you gear on! o_O:confused:

Haha, that depends on your craft's moral values then. My thief will steal from the rich and assholes, and help out the poor and needy. Or is it the other way around?

halygon

Grandmaster
Nu Jel'm is also a great place to train because there are tons of buildings that are empty - I prefer the library myself.