Stop Defense Talisman abuse

kurtis

Grandmaster
Should just deactive your talismen if you flag as an aggressor on someone -- be it factions or PKing. Forcing people to grind up hundreds of hours to have the best PVP template is pretty anti-UO(same way in that meta pets in PVP are the same as regular pets and bezerker talismen and meta mage talismen do not affect PVP).

^this

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Remember:

Berserkers and meta tamers have huge benefits in invasion, RDA, and champ scores. It would make sense that defense tallys provide a huge edge when it comes to surviving. PKs arriving at a champ are part of the game. I don't think you should lose your mob damage prevention just because you are in combat. Damage done by players has no bearing on the defense talisman. Its only mob damage. Therefore, it does not actually affect PvP. This is the same type of scenario for meta tamers and RDA's. Meta pets provide a huge advantage in tiny rooms while you're on foot.

There is also balance in the time invested in meta shit. Do you want to spend your time on a meta talisman like taming or berserker and get huge scores at champs, rdas, invasions? Or do you want to spend your time on a talisman that provides an edge on surviving mob damage? The surviving mob damage should not turn off/on just because of combat. The huge time investment for the defense talisman should give you that survivability. If it turns off then meta pets should automatically stable if a tamer gets into combat. Same shit.

The ONLY meta relic that actually has any real effect on other players is Quick Silver. QS can proc on a mob and then annihilate a player. I have seen tamers purposefully proc their Quick Silver and then tell it to kill a player at an RDA. Tamers have eaten many a dexer with that bullshit tactic. And then the same tamers cry about quench? I call bullshit. If meta pets can be used in PvP then its only fair that the defense talisman can block some of that bull shit damage.

StegcO

Grandmaster
100kk MetaTamer with MetaPet lvl 7 + 4 Maxed Relic can't resist a single PK because now the Pet run at 1 tile per hour
but
Every 5xGM PK (50k to train it) now have Def. Talisman and avoid the damage from mobs

Cool

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
100kk MetaTamer with MetaPet lvl 7 + 4 Maxed Relic can't resist a single PK because now the Pet run at 1 tile per hour
but
Every 5xGM PK (50k to train it) now have Def. Talisman and avoid the damage from mobs

Cool

The gold you spend has no bearing on this. Tamers have the best PvM ability so it makes sense they are hindered in PvP. That's called balance. The PK's spells and damage is the same with or without defense tally. The defense tally does not affect PvP damage.

Modus

Master
The gold you spend has no bearing on this. Tamers have the best PvM ability so it makes sense they are hindered in PvP. That's called balance. The PK's spells and damage is the same with or without defense tally. The defense tally does not affect PvP damage.

We never talked about PVP Damage here. Read the whole topic again please.

lollo

Grandmaster
You killed me when I was afk u fucking idiot. I came back dped and 30 percent life. I have 0 wrestling on my tamer and you would never ever kill that character 1vs1 even though I have 0 wrestle if I was not afk to start with. I came back after dealing with a nagging fiancé to find myself almost dead.

Funniest part of that screeny was u ran away and didn't even loot me. I came back on a red and you BLUE SCOUTED MY CORPSE.
Point is. If you have pots and armour you'll never die even with 0 wrestle. That screenshot besides a few other afk kills are the only time I die and I have 0 wrestle (in a 1vs1). Non afk no one has ever killed my tamer 1vs1 and I don't even have a lv7. Fark it's a lv5!!!

Taming is more powerful. It's the newbie of the player that dies.

I don't even have a def talisman on most my chars. Only one char has lv4. Don't even notice the differenxe

Nice double storytime post about dying 1v1 on your meta tamer.

Garillo

Master
but

Cool

I really wish you had a faction tamer before the speed changes, you'd cry yourself to sleep. Pet speed is fine now.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
We never talked about PVP Damage here. Read the whole topic again please.

I read the topic, "stop defensive talisman abuse". It is you that seem to be mistaken. The defense talisman isn't being abused. It is working as it should. The only relic that can kill a player is Quick Silver. Meta tamers and berserkers get huge scores on invasions, champs, and RDA's. This is where 120 tamings and relics are to be had. It makes sense that the defense talisman is going to provide an advantage in other scenarios.

Grinding a talisman takes a lot of time. It means that if you want the edge in terms of surviving mob damage then you take a huge loss in your damage output. The defense talisman if anything needs to be made more beneficial. And people are talking about nerfing it? LAWL.

If anything meta-related needs another nerf its tamers. This is a joke thread.

Garillo

Master
The damage mitigated by the defense talisman should *not* work during PvP encounters. I'm also fine with Quicksilver procs ending if the tamer is the aggressor, even knowing the QS goes on CD and cannot proc against another player.

Damage mitigation granted from the defense talisman both creates a resource wall for PvP and grants unfair advantage in PvP/PvE scenarios. You should not be able to negate fire breath, especially after the recent change to tamers regarding FB, as well as tank spawn/pets. Dexers should not be able to just sit in and swing forever, they are already strong enough without talismans.

Tamers are already in check with mobility and the defense talisman is overkill, imo. They *should* be able to hold down one spot. They cannot keep up with a mounted player, so it's an entirely different role on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reality

Expert
I think as long as players are doing the amount of damage players are meant to do, while monsters do less, its working as it was intended, and isn't something we should come to the forums saying "This needs fixed!"

YES ^

Yoko Kurama

Master
It isn't a huge issue outside of dungeons but pretty hard to put a stipulation on it to turn on/off as people will just harass eachother in some shape or form.

Right now I just started a defense talisman but haven't gotten any relics/levels or even started PvP situations with it, but I have been fighting armies of dragons with out it and I practically get two hit by a level 7 meta even wearing full invul, Melee + fire breath damage is practically a wombo combo and that is only ONE pet, imagine multiples.

If the defense relic is the only counter to that then I hold my stance and say let it stay because pets are far too over powered.
You realize in pvp, aside from the very unlikely chance that quicksilver goes off, a lvl 7 meta is no different than a regular dragon, the fire damage is capped on other players as well. I don't know if you heard, but all pets that have magery generally can cast flamestrike.

Having trouble with pets shouldn't take into account if its a meta peta, because unlike meta dexxers, the meta pets have no advantage in pvp...however being able to disregard fire breathe as a pk or as a pvm player is not fair. That is unbalanced, meta pets in pvp are not unbalanced at all, how can you even try to compare the two? Wow.

Caso

Grandmaster
but

Cool
Wear armour and carry pots. Try mini healing yourself whilst potting.... Use your head instead of standing their like a disabled cow waiting to be slaughtered. You should never die 1vs1 with those meta tanks. Try using your brain, it might just work.

Caso

Grandmaster
I read the topic, "stop defensive talisman abuse". It is you that seem to be mistaken. The defense talisman isn't being abused. It is working as it should. The only relic that can kill a player is Quick Silver. Meta tamers and berserkers get huge scores on invasions, champs, and RDA's. This is where 120 tamings and relics are to be had. It makes sense that the defense talisman is going to provide an advantage in other scenarios.

Grinding a talisman takes a lot of time. It means that if you want the edge in terms of surviving mob damage then you take a huge loss in your damage output. The defense talisman if anything needs to be made more beneficial. And people are talking about nerfing it? LAWL.

If anything meta-related needs another nerf its tamers. This is a joke thread.
I see tard on my red player and he often runs into mass dragon spawns with his defence talisman to get away. I engage my brain (something 99% of tamers don't have) and don't chase him into said spawn. This is to avoid death...

Do I make a cry thread for a nurf? Nup, I don't give a shit. It's funny tbh.

I'm a pk, I don't have the def talisman in question and only 1 of 3 of my red dexers has a tali which is only a low lv4. I solo pk all of you spazo tamers all the time. It's the player who's the problem, not these talismans. Standing there like a headless chicken and 30% of the time pets are not even sent on me is the problem.

I now have my meta tamer at lv6. The pet is bloody insane. It mauls any player 1vs1. Carry pots, armour and heal yourself etc. You shouldn't die like a headless chicken.

Fattson

Grandmaster
For anyone who is relying on spawn to take care of the pks beating you in the face with a dp weapon and priming up explosion pots that never go off because you die too fast....

You're doin' it wrong.