Suggestion: relook at throwing pots

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Magery is more effective than pots? wtf try kill someone with just pots. if you have healing or just 1 person chasing you with pots you shouldnt die.

K A Z

Grandmaster
There are ranged attacks in game already... magery takes 300 skill points it should be more effective than pots

Archery takes 300 skill points should be more effective than pots

My point is not that they need to be worthless just not at the current state it is at

magery is way better ? its the only skill that can cause synched damage, is good for PVM, pvp, utility.. what you on about ?!

Archer never has been good in the UOR era, it is what it is. Making it somewhat viable would mean that it'd be super OP - archery and poisoning can't be balanced in the UOR era unfortunately.

Anyways, I'm out of this conversation as it has no point, anyways. Staff knows why we need explosion potions and I'm pretty sure that we won't see any changes (as we havent seen any major changes to them in 3 years now).

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Maybe you are right. Maybe it's really a balancing issue there?!? I very well could be looking at it wrong as not alchemy over powered but archery severely underpowered?

they obv made archery the only 2 hander u cant throw pots with for a reason i guess it would be the abilty to time your pots between arrows and have a nasty disrupt/dmg combo it was probably just to much.

Streets

Grandmaster
they obv made archery the only 2 hander u cant throw pots with for a reason i guess it would be the abilty to time your pots between arrows and have a nasty disrupt/dmg combo it was probably just to much.

And I totally can agree with that being way to powerful but there still gaping holes in the system

Pots can be thrown while moving achery can't

Other skills have a 1 handed option to not disarm archery does not

All 2 handed weapons have a special ability achery does not

Just to name a few

I know there has to be a negative for having range but all things add up to weakening it a point it's only used by provocation bards or tamers.

Then add in talismin that don't work with either of those skills and you take even that out of the equasion. I will say pvp archery is not horrible bit pvm you have no chance in hell