Suggestion: relook at throwing pots

Kael

Master
This thread comes up every six months. Bottom line seems to be this: factioners want pots in so they can kill other factioners. Many non factioners don't really use explosion pots and only encounter them when being pk'd or fighting/defending a champ or RDA and find them over powered.

Wonder if some sort of compromise could be had where they deal full full damage when used vs an enemy faction and lower damage when used against someone not in factions?

thestand

Grandmaster
This thread comes up every six months. Bottom line seems to be this: factioners want pots in so they can kill other factioners. Many non factioners don't really use explosion pots and only encounter them when being pk'd or fighting/defending a champ or RDA and find them over powered.

Wonder if some sort of compromise could be had where they deal full full damage when used vs an enemy faction and lower damage when used against someone not in factions?
No thanks. If you don't want to fight you better have a easy to hit recall macro hotkey!

Kears

Master
just saying, I support the OP
please do something about this purple pots throwing
almost all dmg in UO has a chance to miss / halved dmg / etc
purple pots don't, although has a timer but it does homing style

my input: make it target ground instead of target player

thanks

Streets

Grandmaster
No thanks. If you don't want to fight you better have a easy to hit recall macro hotkey!

Easy? Like easy when your at 1 hit points running for your life yet the pot thrower can run away full steam and throw pots backwards doing damage? How do you combat this? I can't catch up to you to make you pot yourself, I can't run around a corner to line of sight you.. it has zero counters... ZERO!

thestand

Grandmaster
Easy? Like easy when your at 1 hit points running for your life yet the pot thrower can run away full steam and throw pots backwards doing damage? How do you combat this? I can't catch up to you to make you pot yourself, I can't run around a corner to line of sight you.. it has zero counters... ZERO!
You shouldn't be able to run at 1 hit point due to your stamina running out.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Hate you! lol... you know what i mean. There is no draw back to pots :p

they can hit yourself, they can be avoided by breaking LOS, you can miss your pot, they can be run into monsters causing splash damage, ghealpots range from 9-30 so spell+pot can easily be nullified with miniheal+ghealpot...

Streets

Grandmaster
they can hit yourself, they can be avoided by breaking LOS, you can miss your pot, they can be run into monsters causing splash damage, ghealpots range from 9-30 so spell+pot can easily be nullified with miniheal+ghealpot...

@K A Z

"Hypothetically". .. I am chasing you because you are loosing a battle.

Now while on the run you are throwing g pots at me...

I can't Line of site you as I am in persuit.

I can't catch you because you are ahead of me so I can't run the pot back into you

I can't mini heal because I am in motion

I can't archery you because I am moving.

You , though, can throw them at me and if I try to los or anything you can just throw the pot away.

So on top of being a great offensive ability purple pots are also a free get out of jail card?

At what point t do we just remove the skill and give it to everyone without training seeing g it's pretty much mandi tory un pvp?

thestand

Grandmaster
The real concern is people that have not taken the time to play a alchy mage are going to be the ones that have it nerfed. Maybe if you learned how to play one you would also learn how to defend yourself against one.

K A Z

Grandmaster
@K A Z

"Hypothetically". .. I am chasing you because you are loosing a battle.

Now while on the run you are throwing g pots at me...

I can't Line of site you as I am in persuit.

I can't catch you because you are ahead of me so I can't run the pot back into you

I can't mini heal because I am in motion

I can't archery you because I am moving.

You , though, can throw them at me and if I try to los or anything you can just throw the pot away.

So on top of being a great offensive ability purple pots are also a free get out of jail card?

At what point t do we just remove the skill and give it to everyone without training seeing g it's pretty much mandi tory un pvp?

well you should be throwing pots at me aswell, because in reality how else are you going to kill anyone on the move on a server that has no mountstamina or bolas? I'm not sure if you're aware (as you're new on the server) but alchemy only gives a dmg bonus on explosion potions, they're usable by _all_ classes. (yet they don't deal as much damage if you dont have alchemy)

Streets

Grandmaster
well you should be throwing pots at me aswell, because in reality how else are you going to kill anyone on the move on a server that has no mountstamina or bolas? I'm not sure if you're aware (as you're new on the server) but alchemy only gives a dmg bonus on explosion potions, they're usable by _all_ classes. (yet they don't deal as much damage if you dont have alchemy)

Right but my point t is if it's manditory then don't charge people for it take the skill out of the game and just have pots.

The other point is the skill being mandi tory makes it far to powerful for its current state. No drawbacks really yea yea yea run it into another player or los that's not real drawbacks though same can be said about mager los it....

K A Z

Grandmaster
Right but my point t is if it's manditory then don't charge people for it take the skill out of the game and just have pots.

The other point is the skill being mandi tory makes it far to powerful for its current state. No drawbacks really yea yea yea run it into another player or los that's not real drawbacks though same can be said about mager los it....

why manditory ? it's not. If it was then everyone would be on an Alchymage/Dexxer and that's not the case. High end PVPers play a mix of healmages, scribemages, alchymages, and all sorts of dexxers - the guy in charge with PVP over here @Blair even plays an Archermage and is pretty good with it.

Streets

Grandmaster
I just feel that every skill has counters to balance it out ... physical attacks have armor that reduces damage to balance it out. Magery has resistance and have to stand still to balance it out. Archery requires you to stand still and is effected by armor to balance it out. But pots have no "real" counter to balance it out. How do you mitigate it other than some kind of wierd game mechanic?

K A Z

Grandmaster
I just feel that every skill has counters to balance it out ... physical attacks have armor that reduces damage to balance it out. Magery has resistance and have to stand still to balance it out. Archery requires you to stand still and is effected by armor to balance it out. But pots have no "real" counter to balance it out. How do you mitigate it other than some kind of wierd game mechanic?

I've already told you that they have to be timed, that they can explode in your own face, they cost ressources to make, they can also be thrown once every so many seconds ... they're fine as they are. Start using them yourself and you'll understand why they're crucial to have on an UOR server.

Streets

Grandmaster
I've already told you that they have to be timed, that they can explode in your own face, they cost ressources to make, they can also be thrown once every so many seconds ... they're fine as they are. Start using them yourself and you'll understand why they're crucial to have on an UOR server.

Timed? Come on who can't count to 3? If the target is in your face or line of site you can just throw it on the ground away from you.

Magery takes regs a resource, archery takes arrows a resource, you can argue dexer have a recourse in that they need to repair their weapons . This is not a draw back to pots alone

Being throws every x seconds is moot as well as every attack has a swing speed or cast time

And yes I use them myself and yes I know they are to strong in their current state.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Timed? Come on who can't count to 3? If the target is in your face or line of site you can just throw it on the ground away from you.

Magery takes regs a resource, archery takes arrows a resource, you can argue dexer have a recourse in that they need to repair their weapons . This is not a draw back to pots alone

Being throws every x seconds is moot as well as every attack has a swing speed or cast time

And yes I use them myself and yes I know they are to strong in their current state.

count to 3? I guess you don't know how they work - if it was SO easy to throw them noone would ever miss one (which is not the case). If you think that they're too strong in their current state (which they arent) would you dare to explain how you would ever kill ayone on this server without them? Especially when he's running away from you? I'm curious to hear your take on it.

Malkraven

Grandmaster

he means there is a sweet spot you have to hit to make them follow the target depending on your ping its somewhere between 2 and 1 to late it will do dmg to you, to early it will hit the floor behind they guy. throwin pots manually and hitting all the time takes more skill than most things you can do in pvp imo. (esp if you weaving them between spells)

Edit: also think of the gold crafters make selling these kegs some people carry 50-60 purples per restock

Streets

Grandmaster
There are ranged attacks in game already... magery takes 300 skill points it should be more effective than pots

Archery takes 300 skill points should be more effective than pots

My point is not that they need to be worthless just not at the current state it is at