Swamp Dragon

Xero

Grandmaster
HI, can anyone explain me how Swamp Dragons work? And what skills i need to use them?
Whats the point of them?
Cant find anything on wiki.

Thanks!

Young Star

Grandmaster
It takes over 110 taming to tame one but anyone can control and ride it once tamed. They can be armoured with a dragon barding deed. The armor reduces all damage dealt to the rider by 11% for iron up to 18% for valorite. Exceptionally crafted gives another 2% for a total max of 20%.

They are a fairly rare spawn and start out as a mob called a Chaos Dragoon Elite. It is a humanoid riding a swamp dragon. Once he is kill, knocking him off the swampy, it can then be tamed.

IzZaGod

Apprentice
Thanks for posting this, i was just about to ask some similar questions about the ingot color damage percentage. It's too bad that its not all the same damage reduction because i really would like to put a shadow barding deed on one. I always tend to favor blacking out my characters on games and everyone you see with a swamp dragon has a val deed on it for the max bonus. Too bad they cant just require more ingots to make them where iron would need the most and make it to where they all had the same damage reduction.

Jager

Grandmaster
Yea it sucks everyone runs around on blue swamps. Would be neat to be able to change

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Derwolf

Grandmaster
Thanks for posting this, i was just about to ask some similar questions about the ingot color damage percentage. It's too bad that its not all the same damage reduction because i really would like to put a shadow barding deed on one. I always tend to favor blacking out my characters on games and everyone you see with a swamp dragon has a val deed on it for the max bonus. Too bad they cant just require more ingots to make them where iron would need the most and make it to where they all had the same damage reduction.

shadow swampy fer life!

eppy

Grandmaster
I changed the way the swamp dragons spawn. They are no longer on a timer. They spawn like the blue beetle in the spider cave. You have to keep killing the monster I added to have a chance at spawning the swampy.

Young Star

Grandmaster
@eppy how would you feel about being able to "anodize" armor? Takes ingots of the color you want and some other item(s) to bond it to the armor. Like an arcane crystal or something. Maybe a new thing to add to the soul forge.

I just wish shadow iron wasnt so low on the scale of metals. Like swapped with agapite.

Da Witch Dr

Master
I changed the way the swamp dragons spawn. They are no longer on a timer. They spawn like the blue beetle in the spider cave. You have to keep killing the monster I added to have a chance at spawning the swampy.
Eppy,

May I ask what it is that we must kill?

lollo

Grandmaster
Do the choas dragon elite spawn in different types? I swear i easily killed one on booty once and tamer the swamp dragon. Then last month i saw another one on booty, tried to kill it and it one shotted my meta (and myself and my nightmare)