T-hunting Multi Client PvM

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Each and every time a change is proposed which removes or adds something which affects a group of people, the threads will appear and appear brandishing pitchforks, threats, dynamite and the obvious water tanks slowly filling with salty water.

The truth is, people will not quit even if controversial changes are made, I mean, why would they? UOForever is currently the most popular free Ultima Online server on the planet, so what would be the point of moving to a server which will completely throw you into a pack of lions or sloth's? First there were thieves, then PK's followed by blues and finally the PVM element is coming into the firing line. Personally, there should be something done about scripting but of course, most people rely on their one button miracles to perform feats which even Superman would be proud of.

The way I see it, this server requires a massive clean-up and slowly but surely this is happening, I really feel that if the rule regarding multi-client PVM is only fixed towards one area of PVM, this is completely unfair towards those who are affected and it should be a change which applies across the board. I am sorry if this displeases anyone, but if thieves, PK's etc suffer on a regular basis for the betterment of the server then this should apply to all areas *the reason I only play one character and one class is because of the OSI days and personally, I never required 3 accounts to do the job of one skilled account *

Welcome to reality.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
I have a completely original idea.Why not just ban the guild leaders and drop all of the best houses. Could make a server event out of it. Put gates at brit bank. I'm so smart...

Drop all houses and disable all guard zones for one night of the year, like in the Purge. Revert the shard afterwards (or not)

Hexoplex

Grandmaster
Drop all houses and disable all guard zones for one night of the year, like in the Purge. Revert the shard afterwards (or not)
Instead of Dropping the houses, they could all go public instead. Doors and portal tiles are accessible by all, no murder counts given, and guards are disabled for 24 hours.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member

Lol this is what use to happen when we first launched. "Server wars" before we rebooted the server we'de let it run for 15 minutes without saving.

The purge is a pretty good name for something like that though haha.

We stopped doing it because people were getting pissed off that their progress wasn't being saved, they didn't understand mostly it seemed. It was confusing to new players.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Lol this is what use to happen when we first launched. "Server wars" before we rebooted the server we'de let it run for 15 minutes without saving.

The purge is a pretty good name for something like that though haha.

We stopped doing it because people were getting pissed off that their progress wasn't being saved, they didn't understand mostly it seemed. It was confusing to new players.

One night a month for a cpl of hours then revert would be funny we can all roll out with our vanq runics and have a massive server war

Fattson

Grandmaster
One night a month for a cpl of hours then revert would be funny we can all roll out with our vanq runics and have a massive server war
All kill glut night with val runic weps with prizes to top scores. Make it like a gauntlet. Have all of eqms ready to protect him.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Each and every time a change is proposed which removes or adds something which affects a group of people, the threads will appear and appear brandishing pitchforks, threats, dynamite and the obvious water tanks slowly filling with salty water.

The truth is, people will not quit even if controversial changes are made, I mean, why would they? UOForever is currently the most popular free Ultima Online server on the planet, so what would be the point of moving to a server which will completely throw you into a pack of lions or sloth's? First there were thieves, then PK's followed by blues and finally the PVM element is coming into the firing line. Personally, there should be something done about scripting but of course, most people rely on their one button miracles to perform feats which even Superman would be proud of.

The way I see it, this server requires a massive clean-up and slowly but surely this is happening, I really feel that if the rule regarding multi-client PVM is only fixed towards one area of PVM, this is completely unfair towards those who are affected and it should be a change which applies across the board. I am sorry if this displeases anyone, but if thieves, PK's etc suffer on a regular basis for the betterment of the server then this should apply to all areas *the reason I only play one character and one class is because of the OSI days and personally, I never required 3 accounts to do the job of one skilled account *

Welcome to reality.

This is too much, you should've just made a poll.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Yeah i agree with this.
The rule is most likely going to be changed for Champions and RDA's only.
I so Love this choice .. It IMHO is the most fair solution .. Thanks shane my hats off for this one ..
bill-murray.jpg