Taming Help (level 82)

Tarena

Master
Can somebody please let me know where i can go to tame to increase taming? ive noticed a significant slowdown since i hit 80.

I have been mainly running around northern Sosaria (Brit/vesper/Yew/Skara/etc) taming everything that doesnt have monsters around them, also doing great harts and grizzlies by moonglow gates. Occasionally i also go to ice isle and tame there but spawns are either super slow these days or are all spawned inside peoples houses... probably only get about 30-40 tames in a full run...

Is there anywhere that has bulls in excess? or any other tips?

Cinder

Master
You will hit a slow spell at certain lvls.. be sure to eat.. tame every thing from great harts, bulls, bears, etc... I still get gains on random spawns.. have to mix it up sometimes. Also retames are the best to gain on! Good luck!

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
Eat, drink (always), go to fire, tame small hellcats. After that tame lava lizards. Then hell hounds. Then big hellcats.

Or buy scrolls.

Yourdaddy's response is on point. 50 % increased gains in dungeons. Del Pass is where I trained mine. I did small hellcats and lava lizards around your level and then worked my way up to larger hellcats in Fire Dungeon. Don't waste your time taming anything outside of a dungeon in my opinion. Unless ofcourse you have a LOT of free time on you're hands.

Aren

Journeyman
I tamed outside dungeons up to 90. Vesper has bulls nearby and ice island can be good. At your stage 2nd and 3rd games can help too. So popular areas like minoc, yew and moonglow are also good.

halygon

Grandmaster
You may also want to get some taming training done today as skill gain has been temporarily increased till 9pm CST.

Turner13

Grandmaster
I went for a slightly different approach and stayed at scorpions in Shame until 91. If you get re-tames it's not too bad but between 80 - 90 is definitely the slowest skill gain zone. After 91 it should be a bit quicker up to GM with just hell cats, hell hounds, lava lizards, hell cats, etc.

Tarena

Master
how do you cope with the earth elementals in shame? i tried taming scorps there but there were so many adds on me.. :/
im gm musicianship and gm peacemaking and i couldnt keep them off long enough to tame the scorps...

Turner13

Grandmaster
Lure the scorps to quieter areas if you have to. The best way is to have the scorpion on the edge of the screen within range and attack it. It will run towards you and you can walk away to a quiet corner.

Tarena

Master
Post 90 is even worse in my opinion. Have been at 92.6 in ages as it seems... no gains for me :(
What are you taming? I was getting about 0.1 every 10 minutes at that level on Bulls and he'll housecats in fire.

If you need any runes to these locations hit me up tomorrow. I'll be on all day, just send me a pm with what time works for you.

Henrik

Master
What are you taming? I was getting about 0.1 every 10 minutes at that level on Bulls and he'll housecats in fire.

If you need any runes to these locations hit me up tomorrow. I'll be on all day, just send me a pm with what time works for you.

I've tamed mostly outside: great harts, grizzlys, large cats, white wolves, bulls and retames of them and retames of bears, walruses, polars and so on. From 90-91,5 it went quite fast and then slower and slower and now I'm more or less stucked (0,1 - 0,2 / hour). A friend of mine at the same level is gaining alot and is taming the same stuff which I find very strange.

I've tried taming laza lizzies and hellhounds in Fire as well without any gain.

Tarena

Master
Hendrik, what time are you on today? ill show you my spots.

also, make sure you aren't skill capped (700 if you havent used any power scrolls) by clicking "show real" on your skill gump.