Taming Help (level 82)

tader

Expert
I've tamed mostly outside: great harts, grizzlys, large cats, white wolves, bulls and retames of them and retames of bears, walruses, polars and so on. From 90-91,5 it went quite fast and then slower and slower and now I'm more or less stucked (0,1 - 0,2 / hour). A friend of mine at the same level is gaining alot and is taming the same stuff which I find very strange.

I've tried taming laza lizzies and hellhounds in Fire as well without any gain.

Make sure yoyr watching fir the message"this creature wasnt a challange" if you start getting a couple if those go get your young dragon an have him cook all the animald in the area. I have had to clear ice and a couple of my faviorite spots.because everyhting is my retames at this point buy now under a diffrent name.

Tarena

Master
Just in case we cant meet up in game, here is a map of where the hell house cats spawn, they do VERY little damage and can get you good gains all the way to (and likely past) GM. there are also some imps (do quite a bit more damage) to the north east and a couple lava lizards to the west of the circle i drew.

ZtR5NrT.png

As for bull spawns, there is 2 bull spawns in Serpents Hold (one in each stable) there is a bull spawn also in Yew by the stable. There are a couple more but i would have to login to see where my runebook was set to for them.

My "final" rotation was to tame at all my known bull spots, kill the bulls (ended up getting a statue that sold quite well from this) and then goto hell house cats. tamed a couple of them and then recalled back to my first bull spot. Bulls gave best gains for me by a long shot so i ended up prioritizing them, but if hell housecats are giving you good gains certainly keep with them.

Also, to be clear, there are TWO types of hellcats... large cats and small cats.

I am talking about the cute little ones.
hellcatsmall.gif

NOT the big damage-y ones:
hellcatbig.jpg

Also peacemaking or para can help when taming the housecats as they still do some damage.

Tarena

Master
Also, i am now 115 taming and ate scrolls at 98, so i know this rotation works all the way up to 98 (and it wasn't slowing down.. just had a couple extra scrolls to eat so figured i would save myself some time)

Thank you to everybody who posted in this thread to help me get to where i am. :)

Henrik

Master
Make sure yoyr watching fir the message"this creature wasnt a challange" if you start getting a couple if those go get your young dragon an have him cook all the animald in the area. I have had to clear ice and a couple of my faviorite spots.because everyhting is my retames at this point buy now under a diffrent name.

This is something I've thought alot of. Yesterday I tamed retames all over Dagger and only got 1 gain while my friend got 7-8 (he was at the same level). Then I came to think of this, if it actually isn't possible to get any gains from retames that you've tamed before... That would explain him raising alot (he said it's been awail since last time on Dagger) and me raising nada.

So, cleaning the places from all animals would probably do the trick in that case.

Henrik

Master
Just in case we cant meet up in game, here is a map of where the hell house cats spawn, they do VERY little damage and can get you good gains all the way to (and likely past) GM. there are also some imps (do quite a bit more damage) to the north east and a couple lava lizards to the west of the circle i drew.

As for bull spawns, there is 2 bull spawns in Serpents Hold (one in each stable) there is a bull spawn also in Yew by the stable. There are a couple more but i would have to login to see where my runebook was set to for them.

My "final" rotation was to tame at all my known bull spots, kill the bulls (ended up getting a statue that sold quite well from this) and then goto hell house cats. tamed a couple of them and then recalled back to my first bull spot. Bulls gave best gains for me by a long shot so i ended up prioritizing them, but if hell housecats are giving you good gains certainly keep with them.

Also, to be clear, there are TWO types of hellcats... large cats and small cats.

I am talking about the cute little ones.

NOT the big damage-y ones:

Also peacemaking or para can help when taming the housecats as they still do some damage.

Thanks alot for this Tarena, really helpful information! I have been taming some in Del pass (mostly the small hell kitties) but I think it was to early in my career. The thing is that I find it non effiecient to drag them tamed ones to bigger creatures to kill them, especially because they sometimes become "enemy tames" (still tamed but not blue anymore and won't listen to you... Is it a bug anyway?). Maybe a young dragon could be helpful here?

Rotation like this sounds like a good idea and I will do as you did and kill the bulls for fresh tames (nice with the statue btw!).

I will hopefully get online in like 3-4 hours from now if it's possible for you to meet up?

Tarena

Master
Oh as for the cats, two energy bolts makes quick work of them otherwise you can bring a young dragon along with you.