The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

StefanProdan

Apprentice
Delvorin, do you do the corpser thing with no weapon just to make sure you don't kill it or does it matter if you use a skinning knife or something

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Delvorin, do you do the corpser thing with no weapon just to make sure you don't kill it or does it matter if you use a skinning knife or something

Yeah, I did it barehanded and naked to reduce damage as much as possible and reduce loss if a pk happened to walk by.

Romeo Tyrell

Journeyman
So, what's the general consensus on weapon choice for a berserker? Maces or Axes with LJ? Also, does anybody run Arms Lore on their template also?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
So, what's the general consensus on weapon choice for a berserker? Maces or Axes with LJ? Also, does anybody run Arms Lore on their template also?

Personally I used war hammers for champs and farming, and war axe/war mace for archdemon or any fight i'd need to chug alot of pots in. I've been a macer on my main since I started playing UO on OSI so I use it for nostalgia. I think the best weapon to use is still katanas though. They are the fastest weapon on the server and do good damage. Don't use other uo websites to check on weapon stats. The staff changed the numbers for UOF from the original.

I do use arms lore. If you're going to do champs, archdemon, RDAs, altar bosses, and high end mobs, then arms lore is essential since it helps wih hit chance on monsters with 100+ wrestle.

Mara

Journeyman
FInd a corpser and just script attacking the corpser, taking seven steps in whatever direction you want, and pausing for the cooldown. What's nice is it always activates so you're guaranteed a certain amount of xp as long as the macro isn't interrupted.

Sorry for the newbie question but... wtf its a corpser?

I tryed to train my double strike with a bear, with that tactic ( atacking the bear for X seconds then move back w8 X secs and loop ), but ...... I find problems setting the timers , since I end killing the bear in no time or have ridiculous gains.
Tryed also healing the bear but the bandage ussage its way to BIG, atlast for me to afford.

Delvorin

Grandmaster

I tryed to train my double strike with a bear, with that tactic ( atacking the bear for X seconds then move back w8 X secs and loop ), but ...... I find problems setting the timers , since I end killing the bear in no time or have ridiculous gains.
Tryed also healing the bear but the bandage ussage its way to BIG, atlast for me to afford.

No need to apologize. We all first learned things :)

So a corpser is a type of monster. I think it's a plant monster that looks like 3 vines. The reason they are best for training the berzerker relics is because they don't move. Think of them as reapers that don't cast spells. They stay exactly where you find them, rooted in place. I've found the ones I macroed on in dark green forests where the trees are darker than the ones in places like minoc moongate area. I think the area I found them was west/southwest of trinsic. hope this helps.

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster

has double strike, can't afford bandages

this makes me lol

Romeo Tyrell

Journeyman
Personally I used war hammers for champs and farming, and war axe/war mace for archdemon or any fight i'd need to chug alot of pots in. I've been a macer on my main since I started playing UO on OSI so I use it for nostalgia. I think the best weapon to use is still katanas though. They are the fastest weapon on the server and do good damage. Don't use other uo websites to check on weapon stats. The staff changed the numbers for UOF from the original.

I do use arms lore. If you're going to do champs, archdemon, RDAs, altar bosses, and high end mobs, then arms lore is essential since it helps wih hit chance on monsters with 100+ wrestle.
If I do, in fact, decide to switch to Axes, I would obviously need to pickup Lumberjacking to maximize damage output. Does the 40% damage increase due to GM lumberjacking, increase if you were to PS it, and take your Lumberjacking up to 115?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
If I do, in fact, decide to switch to Axes, I would obviously need to pickup Lumberjacking to maximize damage output. Does the 40% damage increase due to GM lumberjacking, increase if you were to PS it, and take your Lumberjacking up to 115?

No, the bonus stops at GM. Using powerscrolls to increase LJ over 100 will only benefit you when you chop wood. It won't increase the bonus damage even more.

Mara

Journeyman
Can you be effective with Defensive Tali and a halberd ?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Dont think so dude ,

To gain exp with the defense tali , you need to have high armor,
Taking off the "shield" bonus , will broke the exp you get.

I found this thread that can help you : http://www.uoforum.com/threads/defense-talisman-guide.62343/

Also can find info on the wiki

So ..... If you want to exp with halberd the answer its "NO"
When you have it maxed... and for hunt. could be posible , but not ideal
Will work much better shield + katana

anyway I'm not the "master" so I might be wrong.

hope it helped

shirtandpantsman

Grandmaster
What about a kryss over katan?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I use fencing on my defense tali guy, it's ok but I'm switching to swords because katanas are OP

it would be cool if there were more weapon diversity options, but for PVM katana is the best for basically every situation

Kird

Adept
are there any defense meta dexxers without parring?

can you get above 100 ar without parring?

can i gain talisman xp from throwing pots at mobs?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
are there any defense meta dexxers without parring?

can you get above 100 ar without parring?

can i gain talisman xp from throwing pots at mobs?

So the wiki page needs updating. The AR you need to reach now is 80, not 100 because of the AR changes to all armor. And, A lot of defense tali guys don't use parry because the damage reduction from tali is enough and can use the points in something else. You should be able to get to over 80 AR without parry.

Kird

Adept
So the wiki page needs updating. The AR you need to reach now is 80, not 100 because of the AR changes to all armor. And, A lot of defense tali guys don't use parry because the damage reduction from tali is enough and can use the points in something else. You should be able to get to over 80 AR without parry.

thank you

halv

Grandmaster
Another question: what is the best level of zerker tali to drop arms lore and go archery?
Another idea I have is to change arms lore to parrying and run with low AR, means no armor only shield to avoid AR penalty but block physical attack with shield. Is this a logical doing?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk